seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

I'll let you look after it Daren, as long as it's kept in the nice warm garage of yours! I'm already having a bit of a headache with where to store it when I go! :shrug:

Get it back together and legal I'm sure I could find a space for it Sean :rolleyes: however any trophies it win's will be staying :dance:

Wow Sean, that looks a fantastic paint job! Bet you won't dare take it down bruntingthorpe now!

Classic green really shines.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Get it back together and legal I'm sure I could find a space for it Sean :rolleyes: however any trophies it win's will be staying :dance:

Haha, still a way to go before its ready for showing James. Underside still needs refreshing for a start. It's a bit grotty under there, although solid which is a good thing. At least my time away will provide ample opportunity to save some cash for that!

looks great mate it so nice to see someone going to the effor of properly stripping the car for a respray including the quarter lights well done :)

Wow Sean, that looks a fantastic paint job! Bet you won't dare take it down bruntingthorpe now!

Classic green really shines.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks Chris, still probably not a patch on yours though which again, I'd love to see in the flesh finally! It'll be interesting to see how the colour compares to stock paint. It looks a little darker than it was, but at the same time almost like Dragon green in certain light conditions. My paint was pretty thin so comparing to an original well kept one like yours would be interesting.

Ross, thanks mate. Its nice knowing its been done well. I gave them a pretty comprehensive list of things I wanted done, and the fact I stripped the car myself meant things couldn't be hid with parts left on etc

James, it'll never be concourse mate. There are flaws all over the car (not paintwork), just little things that aren't quite perfect that'll be addressed eventually, but by that time other things would no doubt have cropped up. It was never intended for that purpose either tbh. I want to enjoy it, and its a very good paint job, but not hugely expensive so it'll be driven. I'll try not to get too protective over it all! Show n Shine, maybe. I don't usually do that sort of thing though. I like my cars looking nice, but its for me, not to show off if you know what I mean. I don't mean that others are showing off don't worry! I just don't take compliments too well and I'd find it a little awkward and embarrasing if I was ever presented with a trophy!

Ross, thanks mate. Its nice knowing its been done well. I gave them a pretty comprehensive list of things I wanted done, and the fact I stripped the car myself meant things couldn't be hid with parts left on etc

James, it'll never be concourse mate. There are flaws all over the car (not paintwork), just little things that aren't quite perfect that'll be addressed eventually, but by that time other things would no doubt have cropped up. It was never intended for that purpose either tbh. I want to enjoy it, and its a very good paint job, but not hugely expensive so it'll be driven. I'll try not to get too protective over it all! Show n Shine, maybe. I don't usually do that sort of thing though. I like my cars looking nice, but its for me, not to show off if you know what I mean. I don't mean that others are showing off don't worry! I just don't take compliments too well and I'd find it a little awkward and embarrasing if I was ever presented with a trophy!

Exactly the response I was expecting mate I am the same I like to do as good as I can and get the car as good as but when you get a show/shine trophy it can be rather awkward especially when it was something you weren't aiming for.. Save that for the..........

Classic green seems to be a multitude of greens with the addition of a blue!

Shame you won't make the national day next year, it was a good laugh this year and the camping was great.

Looking good mate , minty fresh , get yours built up then once you have scratched the **** out of it learn by your mistakes and come and do mine , hahaha

Only kidding looks fantastic will look fresh once done and built

Classic green seems to be a multitude of greens with the addition of a blue!

Shame you won't make the national day next year, it was a good laugh this year and the camping was great.

Yeah it was good fun Chris. I'll try to do a couple of early shows next year, show it off a bit I think. Shame I'll miss National Day but can't be helped. Fingers crossed I'll make the year after.

It was supposed to go to body shop a few weeks back but i ended up going away biking /camping and the week after the body shop had leant there trailor out so i missed out again

Anyway , im up at nine in morning to go collect the trailor and fetch the car to them , after that it should be all go hopefully mate

Looms were all separated and roughly labelled today ready for a few to be swapped out when I get it back. I'll start organising everything ready to go back on tomorrow. I've been a bit worried about storing it the last few weeks. I'm off in April for 9 months and didn't want to leave it in work in case something/someone scratches it or dents it, and I want to keep it somewhere dry. I've thought about a decent car cover but I've heard even the best one can sometimes cause misting of the paint due to moisture on the inside, and even the best breathable ones can't eradicate that totally. So I applied to the local council for a garage yesterday expecting to be on a waiting list. As it happens, they emailed today giving me a list of about 20 in various blocks all around 10 minutes walk from home. Had a look earlier this afternoon and managed to find someone in theirs, so measured up and it'll fit nicely. I then went back whilst it was dark and I've identified a couple of suitable ones. Happy days! Giving them a call to confirm tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be in before long. Then that'll become another project to ensure its all water and damp proof, and get it kitted out to be accident proof! Ish..... Fingers crossed no scraped bumpers, and no chipped door edges!

Now then matey

paint looking really good. bet your really pleased!!

Glad things are going well

Sean , I will try and post the spray off to you this week . I'm without transport of my own for a few days . If not it will deffinately get sent on Saturday mate .

Thanks very much Rob, appreciate it! No rush though buddy, it'll be a few weeks before I put it on I expect. :thumbleft:

Now then matey

paint looking really good. bet your really pleased!!

Glad things are going well

Very pleased! Thanks Chris. :thumbleft:

Bleedin post office , I past one in me mates van today .She heard it rattle and told me they can't send aerosol cans . You can send deodorant though ! But you can't send air freshner either !!?? . I will find a way of keeping it quiet and try another office on Saturday .

Thanks Rob, appreciate it mate. If it turns into a bit of a hassle, don't worry bud. I'll just have to stop being such a tight arse and fork out for it! :lol: