KIPVW

Chris Gaskell (RW1) Gathering at 1pm at Stanford Hall to Honour Him

Very sad news to hear, never met him but everytime I saw a post from him on here I would straight away think "this will be extremely informative and helpful". Always seemed like a very genuine and nice guy, RIP

I'd met Chris at various shows over the years, and had a few interesting debates and conversations with him, both online here and at the shows... They were always in good spirit and with an air of humour to them. He had a knowledge that he didn't mind sharing and an understanding of how these cars worked that made that knowledge even more useful! :)

The world could do with more like Chris was; a true gent who genuinely seemed to enjoy helping people.

Sad, sad news... My deepest sympathies and condolences to his family. :(

Sad loss to the VW Coupe community a very knowledgable and enthusiastic gentleman who was happy to share his knowledge and love of VWs. Would be nice to see the CCGB name a trophy at the Annual meeting for most original car or concours car in his name.

Very sad news, my deepest sympathies and condolences to his family.

I met Chris in the 1990s when I had my silver 1.8 16V and golf gti at a few shows. I was always amazed by Chris's knowledge of the Corrado, he gave me good advice on several occasions when discussing corrados, it was always a joy to talk to Chris on all matters VW. Chris was always happy sharing his knowledge and helping everyone with any problems with their corrado.

Shocked and saddened at the news of Chris passing, a true gent, he was always happy to help, he will be missed. Condolences to his family.

OSV 's suggestions of a trophy in his name seem very fitting.

Rip Chris

Oh no... :-( Shocked and lost for words. Only ever spoken to Chris on the forum and he was as sound as they come.

Thoughts with his family and friends.

Rest in peace mate. A sad loss.

Neil.

So sad. I only knew him through these pages but feel I have lost a friend. My deepest condolences to his family.

Thanks Steve, spoke with both Sarah & Chris's Sister last night and She thought it a very fitting tribute to him.

I intend to print off the tributes to Chris from here & the CCGB forum and send them with a card.

Sarah & I were also discussing a gathering at Stanford Hall at some point in the day to mark our respects.

Wil keep you posted.

Kip

a real shame about Chris - the Rottweiler, for any of you that didn't know where the RW came from!

As above a true gent we spoke for hours on the phone and he was the font of knowledge who went so far in my early days of Corrado ownership helping me diagnose a problem that took us months to solve. He even drew up diagrams and testing routes for me and emailed them over and prepared a 'testing log'. Testimony to the genuine nature of the man. Incidentally, he also worked with Uwe Ross on developing the RossTech software that many of us use.

. Incidentally, he also worked with Uwe Ross on developing the RossTech software that many of us use.

I didn't know that. That explains how he knew so much about getting vagcom to work with my 9a Corrado.

Its such a sad thing when someone is taken from family and loved ones suddenly.

I remember my first meeting with Chris, it was at D&G's first years party.

He was engaging and obviously knew the in's and out's of Corrado maintenance.

RIP Chris.

Shocked nice guy very helpful and a beatiful Storm VR I used to admire at standford hall

---------- Post added at 9:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:26 PM ----------

Sad loss to the VW Coupe community a very knowledgable and enthusiastic gentleman who was happy to share his knowledge and love of VWs. Would be nice to see the CCGB name a trophy at the Annual meeting for most original car or concours car in his name.

Here here lovely idea

I never met Chris but heard people talk about him and his cars. Sad loss, my thoughts to his family.

A very sad loss indeed. One of, if not the, most knowledgeable person I ever met on all things Corrado. A very sad time for Corrado owners and of course friends/family.

RIP Chris. :salute:

I very rarely come on here these days, so gutted to come on here and read this :(

Whenever I had a problem with any of my Corrados, I would ask for help on here and it would be such a relief to see a reply from RW1. Chris always managed to share his encyclopedic knowledge of Corrados in a way in which someone non-mechanically minded like myself could understand, he managed to talk me through fixing problems I would have had no way of dealing with otherwise on numerous occasions, and always in such a humble and unassuming manor.

Condolences to his family and friends.