Here is my new corrado, need some TLC, but a solid motor

20131117_141438_zps8ef9f99b.jpg

20131117_141451_zpsd19e1a47.jpg

20131117_141508_zps6c9d2aa0.jpg

20131117_141523_zps3f9a545d.jpg

20131117_141537_zpsce2e74a8.jpg

20131117_145356_zps90c6cb15.jpg

Edited by vw bobby

Give it a good clean and machine polish and that'll come up excellent Bobby. Maybe a decent set of rims too and it'll be a very nice looking motor. :thumbleft:

Cheers Sean, yeah that is what I going to try and do also got a nice set of black leather with Porsche Turbo electric and heated seats going in and got a nice set of 17" BBS wheels going in.

I like the plans ,,didn't expect to see that last pic!

Cheers mate, it has shocked a few people on the last pic :thumbleft: Its a 225BHP BAM engine with a Emerald ECU

Always impressed at people saving these old cars. Good job bobby, looking forward to updates

Always impressed at people saving these old cars. Good job bobby, looking forward to updates

Any recent pic's of your's Mic??

Need some advise guys, I want to change the coilovers on my new Corrado, as these one are budget versions.

Now I dont want to spend crazy money on a set, but want ones that can have height and damping adjustment.

My budget is £600 max, so what is a good set to go for?

All help really appriciated

I think value for money you can't go wrong with Gaz Gold, ride and dampening adjustable. I purchased mine from Corby Motor Sport. Circa £500/£600 from memory.

If you set them softly the ride is smooth and some passengers have told me it's a comfortable ride. Set them a bit harder and enjoy really turning in hard to a corner but the ride is a bit harsh. The compromise between comfort and ride quality I've found to be pretty good compared to other manufacturers and combinations out there.

I think the KW3's probably give you somewhere near the best compromise between comfort and control, especially track use. So for fast road and your budget the Gaz are a good shout.

Another nugget!!!!! looks like it hasn't seen polish in a little while but it is dam straight and rust free :-)

Very true has not seen polish in about 2years or so. Paint has faded slightly, especially. on the mirrors, bumpers and spoiler. It has some rust spo t on the bonnet. So first will use some g3 compound on there and the wet sand it to try and bring up the colour again. Hopefully will work, will get some pics up when I do it.