Diamond Hell

What other cars do you run?

Wondered how many people on here run their C as a second/third/project car and how many have them on daily duties. Also what else do you have at the moment?

Our mainstays at the moment are:

Passat 4Mo TDI estate

Golf3 TDI

My current list of sh*tters is:

Corrado (hopefully being upgraded to daily duties in the new year to replace the Golf3)

Golf2 Syncro track car

Share in a BMW 325i gravel titabout car

Suzuki SJ 4x4 trials hack

T25 camper (for sale)

Car trailer

What's on your roster?

Also run a Saab Aero Hirsch Convertible and a Subaru Forester Turbo. The Saab could soon be making way for a 986 Boxster though. A bit ridiculous really, seeing as its just me in my house and I don't even use a car to commute! But I do like to think I have a car for every occasion

VR6 'rado as the daily, 16v 2.0 off the road, trying to sell and got a 69' beetle project.

My dad has a y-reg Mondeo as a second car (part ex in a sale) which is used if (and when) the VR breaks down and comes off the road haha!

Although we have a 13 plate 220 CDI AMG sport C-Class estate pool car at work which tends to spend a lot of time on my driveway so its all good! :D

Mk2 Seat Leon TFSi turbo re-mapped to 263 BHP, hence the user name. Just coming up on 100k and I still absolutely love it.

I bought my VR6 recently to replace my Mk5 Golf GTi as a daily (the Golf is a bit too modern for me ;) )

But on the drive/garage, I've also got a Mk2 Scirocco running a Corrado 9A on Webers, a project Mk2 Scirocco, a Scirocco race car running a 200+bhp KR on webers and a brand new (3,000 miles on the clock now) Mk3 Scirocco TDi 177 R-line which is the wifes.

And a classic mini special 1100 which I'm meant to be doing up to sell.

I've got the C plus......

Golf MK7 GT TD

Fabia Monte Carlo TDI

BMW E38 728i "individual" bought for £500 to do a charity rally to france next year

As well as the Corrado, Bmw e46 3.0i sport touring auto,getting on a bit but a lovely drive

Mk 4 Golf gti,just got this to replace my old Mk 2 gti as a works runabout,not sure selling the Mk2 was a great

idea !

Wife uses a Seat Altea tdi.

This lot keeps me busy !

As per signature really.

GT6 was our first. We were inexorably drawn into a car club on the South Coast my father in law was heavily involved with. We got fed up going to events without a classic, so ended up with the GT6.

Next up was the Dolly. My daily shed - a Rover 416 expired, getting replaced by the 1850. I must confess the Dolly wasn't my first choice, I was originally thinking of a Mk2 Triumph 2000 but finally decided it would be a bit big, so settled on a Dolomite.

Had always fancied a Corrado but could never afford one until now, so that was next.

Finally, I have always, always had a soft spot for the MK2 Scirocco, since my first - a 1983 CL back in 1986. A decent looking GTX came along and proved irresistable!!

I am now utterly sworn that the Rocco will be the last. Doesn`t stop me looking wistfully at the classifieds though :D

Cheers

Jeff

Edited by Dollyman

VR6 'rado as the daily...Wife's 2.0 turbo diesel Audi A3, not a bad drive tbh.

Edited by Ray1965

Nice, Jeff :) The Scirocco GTX is my favourite out the bunch :)

As per signature really.

GT6 was our first. We were inexorably drawn into a car club on the South Coast my father in law was heavily involved with. We got fed up going to events without a classic, so ended up with the GT6.

Next up was the Dolly. My daily shed - a Rover 416 expired, getting replaced by the 1850. I must confess the Dolly wasn't my first choice, I was originally thinking of a Mk2 Triumph 2000 but finally decided it would be a bit big, so settled on a Dolomite.

Had always fancied a Corrado but could never afford one until now, so that was next.

Finally, I have always, always had a soft spot for the MK2 Scirocco, since my first - a 1983 CL back in 1986. A decent looking GTX came along and proved irresistable!!

I am now utterly sworn that the Rocco will be the last. Doesn`t stop me looking wistfully at the classifieds though :D

Cheers

Jeff

A MK7 Ford Transit for work with Alloys, A bar/spots, remaped for more power.

CIMG2536.jpg

Not so much a car but still drive about in it quite a lot, an original 1964 Massey Ferguson 135 which I restored.

fugi_one161_zpsbccf6b79.jpg

The Corrado is for summer/weekends only. I have just managed to clear another bay in my garage of junk and am on the lookout for a MK1 GTi convertible just to really pose in :) ever since I saw one way way back in school I've always wanted one, so now would seem a good time but bieng extremly fussy I have yet to come accross a suitable candidate.

thats sweet what does she run sub 12s?

this is my bus! shes a bit special

franceaugust2012112.jpg

got a few bikes too hows about this one?

001-1.jpg