Tempest

CCGB National Day 2014 - all the Details

God sake can we stop talking about this , yea we didnt camp and missed out big time no need to keep rubbing it in haha

God sake can we stop talking about this , yea we didnt camp and missed out big time no need to keep rubbing it in haha

At least you were there :(

Well I carried my camera round all day and only managed to take 5 photos, 3 of them feature my car...lol

Here they are anyway.

IMG_4504_zps9588b90d.jpg

IMG_4498_zps7edb9cdb.jpg

IMG_4502_zps2d3a8c97.jpg

IMG_4500_zpsb9b2b72f.jpg

IMG_4499_zps394130c0.jpg

Rog.

I wish I didn't delete the first video as I think I would have had Neil's pigeon strike! There should be some great pictures of us coming down the runway taken by Neil's better half.

I did laugh at the time, but thinking back that could have been pretty catastrophic if he had twitched! That was probably at about 125, so well done to Neil for not reacting when hitting it and just carrying on. Looking forward to seeing those pics too!

Yeah all the photos aren't helping, I'm still annoyed I missed this

Even more so as I never thought I'd see Jim in a baseball cap!

Was a great meet!!! Fantastic location too :-) well done to those who organised it!

There is a meet in Peterborough this Sunday so if anyone fancies it please come along, over 10 Corrado's already plus many others!!

Even more so as I never thought I'd see Jim in a baseball cap!

Haha :) I tend to stick one on these days when the sun comes out as I seem to burn really easily.

I will try and get the pics tonight - should be some good ones amongst them.

SORNing the C today while I get round to sorting out the engine :( I'm torn between refurbing, doing a straight swap or going for something else.

I will try and get the pics tonight - should be some good ones amongst them.

SORNing the C today while I get round to sorting out the engine :( I'm torn between refurbing, doing a straight swap or going for something else.

Turbo :norty:

Gutted for you Neil but the Schrick and the cams should go well towards an R32 engine if you fancied that???

Here are a few snaps from Sunday evening. They're not all brilliant due to an autofocus mishap (so I'm told). Will post some more when Sarah tidies them up!

Taxiing

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78710[/ATTACH]

Lined up

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78711[/ATTACH]

When these babies hit 88 mph...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78715[/ATTACH]

Woo!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78712[/ATTACH]

Pigeon strike

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78716[/ATTACH]

Chris's indicator

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78717[/ATTACH]

Turbo :norty:

I might need some convincing, Nick - like you taking me out for a spin in yours :)

Gutted for you Neil but the Schrick and the cams should go well towards an R32 engine if you fancied that???

Yep, an R32 is on my shortlist!

Really cross with myself for forgetting about this! Great to hear it was a good event. Roll on next year!!

looks like everyone had a good day, it was my birthday that weekend and had plans made for me, otherwise you would have had another corrado!

question, did anyone gauge the amount of interest your corrados were to the general public?

Not as much as I would have liked, but then it can never be enough. We did get a few fok walking past our cars, but given we were a bit away from the main runway where the throngs were all located, we did not get any through traffic so to speak.

Tempest

looks like everyone had a good day, it was my birthday that weekend and had plans made for me, otherwise you would have had another corrado!

question, did anyone gauge the amount of interest your corrados were to the general public?

I had several nice comments from people on the way in and out of Bruntingthorpe and there were quite a few people wandering through the cars during the day looking interested, perhaps we should have had some board or something at the front explaining who we were and why we were there :)