Roger Chatfield

527 miles and not a single Rado

Took 'Stormy' on an epic road trip, up to Nottingham to look round the uni and home again.

527 miles and not a single Corrado spotted, the only decent thing I saw was a white mk2 Golf, got a nice thumbs up so not all lost.

So, where are they all hiding?

Rog.

At stealth, The local garage failing an MOT due to dodgy rear bearings or on someone's driveway having the heater matrix replaced (with the dash still fitted I'd hazard a guess).

Just my guess.

Yeah I don't think it's QUITE that time of year where they all come out of hibernation yet. That said, there were 4 in Collingwood last week. My 2 in the car club, a red G60 parked behind the car club, and an Aqua VR6 I saw outside the pass office, then again the following day parked outside the gym. Largest gathering of Corrados I've ever seen outside of an organised meet!

When I drive to lpndon and back usually in a day a cant remember the last te I seen a corrado pn the way. Always on the lookout

Often find the same. Often do long trips for various things (off to see family, football matches, etc) and basically never see a Corrado. But then sometimes you spot one just round the corner from where you live. They're really not very common any more at all.

It's one of the reasons why I bought the wife one . She just said she wanted something different . She loves vw so I thought why not . Should of bought her one ages ago tbh as it's the only car she has owned that she actually washes . (Lazy cow lol )

When my friend used to travel a lot with work he would text me occasionally when he had a rado spot - he would always laugh & tell people 'they are rarer than a ferrari you know, ive seen loads of them today but zero rado's' lol

BUT Rog feel free to drop in at mine when you pass this way again, ive 3 on the drive so you can have a multiple spot in one go ;)

Just googled that now , can't be right though as it's also saying that there is 39 uk 22b subarus left I know the owners of two of them and they both a sure me there's less than 10 left

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81188[/ATTACH]

Ha-ha - I just googled the same for a look - also says there are only 11 Storms although I suppose most of them could be registered just as VR6s as total number sound about right

I don't usually see many Corrado's when I'm on my trips but last Friday went out with brother-in-law and well I never. Sometime between 8-9 am travelling on the A429 towards Chippenham. We had just gone past Malmesbury and a Red (tidy) Corrado went past, could catch flavour then about 1/2 dozen cars later a Blue one. Later on in the day near Failand, Brisol another blue (sure that was a VR). Then to cap it all going through Melsham towards Chippenham on the A350 one of the last houses on the right had a Corrado in the drive next to a Black Golf MK1 (very, very tidy). I recognised the number plate from shows I'd been too. 4 in one day - result.

I've done 10,000 miles in my G60 over the last year and never passed another corrado.

One day though, one day.

I don't usually see many Corrado's when I'm on my trips but last Friday went out with brother-in-law and well I never. Sometime between 8-9 am travelling on the A429 towards Chippenham. We had just gone past Malmesbury and a Red (tidy) Corrado went past, could catch flavour then about 1/2 dozen cars later a Blue one. Later on in the day near Failand, Brisol another blue (sure that was a VR). Then to cap it all going through Melsham towards Chippenham on the A350 one of the last houses on the right had a Corrado in the drive next to a Black Golf MK1 (very, very tidy). I recognised the number plate from shows I'd been too. 4 in one day - result.

The red corrado you saw could of been me :) Low, wide polished wheels? Drive from Devizes to Malmesbury daily