Sign in to follow this  
vr6storm

What do you hate the most about yer C????

The windows open / soaked arm & window switches has been driving me nuts lately, thats for sure.

Other niggles after owning two of em...

* When passengers lean in and try to adjust the seat before they get in, they ALWAYS do the one that adjusts seat height and it goes like its going to launch off the rails - BANG.. always makes me angry!!

* So many 'common' faults and foibles that we joke about, but are downright annoying.. breaking door handles, the sunroof, etc.

* The position of the window switches on earlier Corrado's is awful as well.. I always do the passenger side one first by accident, and not the driver side one.

* Rear view when parking.. spoiler up or spoiler down, its awful - I end up parking, getting out, and realising I had about another 2ft between me and the next car but the perspective of it makes you think you are almost hitting their bumper.

* No 'lights on' buzzer to warn you when you've left them on!! I got screwed by that 3 times with my first Corrado!!

head lights, even with the uprated loom is exceptionally poor

I hate it when people get in the passenger side & boot the door speaker because they are too lazy to take care putting their foot in the car, so the cover falls off!!! :mad: - this leads on to a complete new subject "hates of how others treat your car"

this leads on to a complete new subject "hates of how others treat your car

Ooooo, don't get me started!

1) Replaced rear passenger door card as drunk decided to literally rip it off when "entering" car

2) Constantly removing other people's crap - cigarette packets, crisp packets, sweet wrappers.... (Look, I know I do it - but it's MY car!

3) Muddy feet on my freshly washed mats!

4) People going to flick ash out of tiny gap in window and burning window rubber

...deep breath.... rant over. :mad: :lol:

Sorry :offtopic: !

LOL, they're bad habits, not gripes about the car itself!

TBH, I don't see what the fuss is about with the lack of rear visibility! It's a Coupe and should have been one of the first things you notice when you test drive a car :roll:

Are we all just having downers on a cars at the moment or just fancy a rant in general? :lol:

I'm not too bothered :)

I wouldn't be hanging onto the car so much if I hated it so badly.. yeah, so I did sell one cause I was cheesed off with it, but I realised my mistake and came crawling back ;)

randal_24, just do what I do.... don't let anyone else in your car! ;) :D :lol:

Sometimes I wonder why I bothered putting the leather rears in the car as they're never gonna get sat on! :roll: :mrgreen:

Henny think you are on a winner there. It's just a bummer being one of the few peeps in our group that drive (or moreover are willing to drive)

I think people have still got the "you used to drive a crappy B reg polo, you treated THAT like crap, so we can treat THIS like crap" mentality. *sigh* people are rubbish!

""Oh and each time I pull the fag lighter out, it pulls the whole sodding panel out. ""

Ditto..

:o:o:o Smoking in your Corrado?!?! Get some patches to tide you over instead. NOBODY smokes in my car.

Sometimes I wonder why I bothered putting the leather rears in the car as they're never gonna get sat on!

To have somewhere to put your VW cushion? :D

dont like the fact that the windows go down one at a time and poor visiblity, but its all good otherwise

Sometimes I wonder why I bothered putting the leather rears in the car as they're never gonna get sat on!

To have somewhere to put your VW cushion? :D

BEST

ANSWER

EVER!

8) 8) 8) :lol: :rofl:

Oh, and I'm WELL with you on the smoking thing... no-one EVER smokes in my car... so much so, I removed the ashtray and lighter panel! ;) :lol: 8)

Different reason to you lot - I just hate front wheel drive cars :mad:

Great for snow but I far prefer rwd cars for fast driving/cornering. :rambo:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but the doors are so rattley. Think it's something to do with the window mechanism rather than the door cards but it's really annoying. Anyone know what the problem is/have a fix?

no-one EVER smokes in my car... so much so, I removed the ashtray and lighter panel! ;) :lol: 8)

Agreed! Definitely no smoking. I won't let anyone eat or drink anything in my car too. And no muddy shoes, dirty clothes, or messy hands. Certainly no greasy hair or smelly people either.

I just about let them breathe (as long as they don't mist up the windows) :)

no-one EVER smokes in my car... so much so, I removed the ashtray and lighter panel! ;) :lol: 8)

Agreed! Definitely no smoking. I won't let anyone eat or drink anything in my car too. And no muddy shoes, dirty clothes, or messy hands. Certainly no greasy hair or smelly people either.

I just about let them breathe (as long as they don't mist up the windows) :)

Heh heh so that Passat advert was about you! :D

Well, since I rebuilt mine, I've only had one person as a passenger, and that was Eug from the forum 'cos he'd never been out in a G60 before... ;)

(and I managed to really impress him by curbing one of the wheels within the first 300 yards mis-judging a u turn... :oops: :roll: :( )

Well, since I rebuilt mine, I've only had one person as a passenger, and that was Eug from the forum 'cos he'd never been out in a G60 before... ;)

(and I managed to really impress him by curbing one of the wheels within the first 300 yards mis-judging a u turn... :oops: :roll: :( )

Yeah it's the joy of having an audience...

I'm freakin itching to go pick my Corrado up on Friday...:D

Don't know if it's been mentioned but the doors are so rattley. Think it's something to do with the window mechanism rather than the door cards but it's really annoying. Anyone know what the problem is/have a fix?

If you have a rattle when the window is closed - a plastic clip on the window mech is ratting against the bottom of the glass, just glue it back in place.

If you have a rattle when the window is open - glass is likely to be loose in the window channel or against the window seals on top of the door edge (just above the door handle).

most anoying thing with mine is the metal clips on the drivers window seal that rub on the glass scratching it quite badly when opening and closing... anyone else with this problem?

yes PHIL K but mines minor

Also agree with key the lighter is a pain in da ass

also parralel parking is a b1tch without scratching ya rims

also cant get the wing mirrors lined up perfectly after owning the car for over a year.....arrrrgh winds me up :mad: :mad:

also hate corrado owners who treat their car like shit and dont look after it with scratches and dents all over the place and buckled wheels with no centre caps etc its not a ford so dont treat it like one, i say

:p

and why are my feet always cold in winter???????

and why does every1 in a M3 wanna race me to prove a point...whats the "point" btw i dont get it

The point is, (if they're driving an M3 with that attitude) that they feel outclassed by your super cool Corrado, so they have to try and save embarrasment by showing his is slightly faster and racing you. Apparently it makes your appendage bigger too :lol: :lol: