VAG-hag

Corrado display @ 2016 VW festival

Well done on the great turnout looks like a great stand 😎

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

43 I think it was. Not the 80+ but may be a good turnaround with more today, and maybe somewhere close to that over the course of the weekend Jim.

Can't get the bloody wheel nut off. So I'm coming again with a mixture of wheels. Can someone help get me on the stand please?

I'm 10 minutes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d4c323b06d57b9f17de762f775a8ab87.jpg1c886dba13c43239592f21138a730351.jpg9d767da58e546d77de6078122989228b.jpgae5ecaba85680440739e592cfe286294.jpg

We set out at 5.30am on Friday and arrived at Harewood House show ground at 11.30am. The journey up from West Sussex was surprisingly good and sure the M1 had its restricted speed sections, but all went without issue.

Phil was on hand on our arrival to help with arrangements and again all went well with storing my Corrado overnight.

On the day of the show we were delighted to see 40+ Corrados on the display and a real cross section of models. It was great to have a chat with many of you and apologies to those we didn't get to meet.

Troys partner Dominique had baked 50 cup cakes, all with vanilla flavour purple topping (JMR Ltd company colour) to give away to all we met and these were eagerly devoured.

We had a continual stream of folks keen to learn all about our Corrado 2.0 16V Turbo 4WD car, and on its first outing after three and a half years of development, I think it's fair to say it caused quite a stir.

Our day was rounded off to perfection when we were told we had won the "best Corrado in the show" award and were required to drive over to the front of the house, along with other award winners, for a group photo.

All in all a superb day out, a brilliant first showing response for our freshly re-developed Corrado and a great opportunity to meet and greet a great bunch of folks, old friends and new.

Our thanks to the organisers of VW Festival for a job well done.

http://www.johnmitchellracing.co.uk

Edited by 16VG60

Congratulations John - great to see such a heavily modified car getting the recognition it deserves. There's certainly a place for the stunning original cars, but have to hand it to yourself for taking a Corrado to such an incredible extreme.

Thank you Jim, appreciated.

Modified cars typically don't receive recognition and indeed this was a total first for me. I have no issue with this situation, as we all work hard to keep our cars in the best condition. The modifications to my Corrado were not completed to hunt down trophies moreover to push out the engineering walls and steal seconds from the clock. However, we were totally shocked and delighted to have won such a prize. Encouragement indeed for those of us that seek to enhance this fantastic coupe.

Awesome show with stunning Corrados!

Well done John!

Gutted that I couldn't make it to the display on the Sunday due to the blasted wheel but that wouldn't come off!

Great to meet some more Corrado owners.

Enjoy the trip home guys!

Well done on the trophy win, wish you were there today would have loved to see it. Maybe next time.

A few pics from the phone from today.

6a786dfa415b19ff4e3965d7bb3d2fed.jpg

72e3d868704c6f68253ebe66887fab6a.jpg

1e155e56bb9364aecb8bb4bd8a116507.jpg

845aec4f59e9701c3e5717710cc8b64b.jpg

9a07772d5fe866666a410305ba851189.jpg

f6eb8d566c951a3834cf35102961d252.jpg

c83b17d6695772d83bc0f173c5b0890a.jpg

2746e4268111ef8f90964cc9d1ddcb17.jpg

Edited by sankysvr6

WHAT A WEEKEND!!! had an awesome time guys and gals and thank you to every one for making it as good as it was! was great to meet some of the guys I have spoken to on here and seeing all those Corrado's in one place was amazing!

I will get some pics up soon...

(p.s if you cant put a face to my name - I am the annoying little sh!t who was revving in the corner!)

WHAT A WEEKEND!!! had an awesome time guys and gals and thank you to every one for making it as good as it was! was great to meet some of the guys I have spoken to on here and seeing all those Corrado's in one place was amazing!

I will get some pics up soon...

(p.s if you cant put a face to my name - I am the annoying little sh!t who was revving in the corner!)

Haha well put aaron

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Great picture! Recognise Verity. Looking well Chris.

Cheers Steve.

Am yes can whole heartily say it was another great weekend with friends new and old. Sorry that I didn't speak to everyone but you never can at these events.

Thankfully verity played ball on way home even stick in stationary traffic. So headed off to avoid the blocked route and she had some fu with a mk5 r32 and rolling shots too! Just need to find the owner ofbthe car to get the pics

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Tan

Good to see you all and the CCGB Members who attended and represented the club even a banner was present and thanks to Jez for handing out membership leaflets what a display and thank you to all who purchased CCGB Merchandise. I took loads of photographs but would welcome more for the 2017 CCGB Calendar.

Thanks to all again

Ron

Edited by Rocket Ron

Fantastic weekend, nice to chat to some of you and put some faces to names. Also nice to see some amazing corrados, definitely got some inspiration!

Looking forward to some photo's, unfortunately I actually didn't take any!

Oh and if anyone saw a lion on Saturday night, that was me and it was a thousand degrees in that mask!

Another chufty not for me but for my sister, she managed to get top 10 people's choice with her merlin purple audi tt soft top on Saturday

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well I clocked up well over 500 miles this weekend and on the long hot congested drive to Harewood I thought to myself I hope this is worth the effort.

It was indeed, camping Saturday night was great fun including the 'who has the loudest exhaust/engine competition' 8)

Great to catch up with folks, have a few beers and meet some new Corrado friends :) and admire cars not seen before.

Great cars, smashing people, and a great event !

Will post up some pictures when I have sorted them out, took rather a lot !

Daren

This was my first time at VW Festival and I'll definately be back.

It was great to be part of such a fantastic display of Corrados, and the very high standards have made me realise I need to get my finger out!!!

Me and Linsey had a blast meeting those of you that we did, and wee Harley had a great time too lol.

I've got a ton of photos from the weekend so I'll spend some time tomorrow uploading them............................be prepared for pic overload!!

Heres my photos people, sorry not many, i had very little battery on the saturday! Feel free to copy, save, use or whatever else you want with them...

faea3783e83c177a089a5562206ed3c5.jpg

420b7d3a620139bba00550de280d4bcb.jpg

e6068e358d30837cdabe6c3870822845.jpg

dbf94f007e1a1d47e33d0fc3d7ce0dd3.jpg

0170d5732fd76835ebede0c656eaf8c1.jpg

351cb9143092cfa20c34380205585dee.jpg

394d623a0a53c33c6e0572a7ded8d780.jpg

dacfd267c1f5b4a46f77273316a02278.jpg

855680d6bfb808193b44cbf19b549592.jpg

ff428734e1914ae703ac02d510e05d0b.jpg

859f0e271b79110ba352d361c639709a.jpg

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

after a 5 hour drive McGregor finally got us back home to Scotland having made his first foray to a Corrado event. the only auto we could see it was lovely to meet many other owners and to take in all things VW and of course avery high quality line up of Corrados. looking forward to more forays in the future

Red

What a top weekend! 566.6 miles. A real worry when you see your windshield trim fly up at near 100 on the M1. Had to pull over and shove it back.

Great to put names to faces and see some really great cars. There are a stack of photos that will go off to Ron for the CCGB calendar. I think it's going to difficult to reject some. Any objections to 48 months next year? Thanks for the company and inspiration. I reckon Norfolk for next years National?! Not been there for years!2282124b522385bd92fd8985f4052607.jpg

Awesome weekend! Always good to see everyone and meet new people. For me the camping is half the fun, so it was good to have such a nice bunch to hang out for the whole weekend.

Have to say a big personal thanks to Chris (fuzzy) and Wendy for looking after me when I pretty much turned up with a tent, a bed and nothing else. And everyone else (Chris, Matt, Ben etc) who was extremely generous in throwing an extra burger/Rasher on the BBQ for me. Very much appreciated :notworthy:

Some great pics there, I'll have a hunt through mine later to see what I got and I'll put a selection up on here.