Jim

Other parts to 3D scan & print?

Great stuff, thanks mate. Are we limited on material colour at all? Doesn't have to be absolutely spot ballock but close-ish would be sweet.

*Edit: unless the done thing is to spray them after but I guess skipping a step would be kinda cool. Soooo many Qs :roll:

Edited by Hisnibs

Definitely possible but aren't there already several versions of them for RHD?

There are aftermarket faces that do fit but I'm talking about the actual real ones that are designed to go there. Very difficult to find these days and I have a USA set but as their dash is the other way round the curves are the wrong way round

Great stuff, thanks mate. Are we limited on material colour at all? Doesn't have to be absolutely spot ballock but close-ish would be sweet.

*Edit: unless the done thing is to spray them after but I guess skipping a step would be kinda cool. Soooo many Qs :roll:

I can currently print black or white and the printer has a crazy accuracy of 0.032mm and a max print size of 295 x 211 x 142 mm. It's new to me so i'll need to have some experiments myself to make sure it is suitable.

There are aftermarket faces that do fit but I'm talking about the actual real ones that are designed to go there. Very difficult to find these days and I have a USA set but as their dash is the other way round the curves are the wrong way round

Ahh i see, i can definitely give it a go, could you measure the one you have and make sure it fits in the print area avaliable i mentioned above, thanks.

I can currently print black or white and the printer has a crazy accuracy of 0.032mm and a max print size of 295 x 211 x 142 mm. It's new to me so i'll need to have some experiments myself to make sure it is suitable.

Ahh i see, i can definitely give it a go, could you measure the one you have and make sure it fits in the print area avaliable i mentioned above, thanks.

I'll measure it up once I'm home mate, might be tomorrow though. Thanks :)

Concept number 1, some improvements to make but it's a start a54e30aa447be95405ac48776cd5800d.jpgd4845dff4e124c2281bbfbb3cf1eed95.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

how about the caps on the A pillars that cover the screw heads, never been able to find those on ebay or anywhere else ...
Were still available from the dealers not so long ago?

Ian.

Concept number 1, some improvements to make but it's a start a54e30aa447be95405ac48776cd5800d.jpgd4845dff4e124c2281bbfbb3cf1eed95.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Any update of this?

Sorry Jon, forgot to reply on this. I have got a version 3 which works but as my printer isn't amazing quality I had to sand the middle hole out a touch - I've ran out of filament so haven't been able to test out the latest version but might get some and try it out again.

Scuttle clips? That always snap removing the windscreen scuttle? What's the size limit on scanning and printing? I'm trying to find the small handbrake plastic cover with no joy at the moment, is that too big?

17 minutes ago, EmGreenVR6 said:

Scuttle clips? That always snap removing the windscreen scuttle? What's the size limit on scanning and printing? I'm trying to find the small handbrake plastic cover with no joy at the moment, is that too big?

French company makes them, also have some other goodies on there site for a Corrado. 

https://www.gryp-3d.com/gb/corrado/310-clips-de-baie-de-pare-brise.html

If anyone has 3d images do let me know and we'll try and get some items made or machined (we machine in ss grades and automotive alloys)

Please also advise the software used and I'll check that for compatibility