Keyo

Black magic returns home

1 minute ago, tonedef said:

Parts collection and delivery for easypops?

Think Pops is still undercover in Farnham Hospital last seen dressed as a traffic warden with a torch looking through a grill of a tatty VR for some reason 😀 

I bet you had a grin like a Cheshire Cat when you pulled off. Looks great mate. 
I was getting withdrawal symptoms up until yesterday, I bet you’ll be the same till it’s bedded in. You’ll have to show more restraint than a fox in with the chickens

18 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I bet you had a grin like a Cheshire Cat when you pulled off. Looks great mate. 
I was getting withdrawal symptoms up until yesterday, I bet you’ll be the same till it’s bedded in. You’ll have to show more restraint than a fox in with the chickens

Thanks Shaun not going to lie seems pointless owning the Mk2 golf now, I certainly would not lend you the Car Shaun for the next month you animal, shredding drive shafts like chipwood  😀

Edited by Keyo

Few , ore pics for Geri.  Still have a small iphone 5 so camera not good,  can't stand the big iphones in my pocket when I'm up in the air scaffolding. 

stt.jpg

sttt.jpg

trio.jpg

8 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I bet you’re out there now putting them bento cups on

Still waiting for the caps chap- but sadly was in the car an hour ago looking at the gauges illuminated. they help light the whole centre console to be honest- not cheap to source a set but they are worth it guys. I can Imagine if Vince gave yo the engine breaking in sheet Shaun you would look at it in utter discuss ha !

Edited by Keyo

7 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Still waiting for the caps chap- but sadly was in the car an hour ago looking at the gauges illuminated. they help light the whole centre console to be honest- not cheap to source a set but they are worth it guys. I can Imagine if Vince gave yo the engine breaking in sheet Shaun you would look at it in utter discuss ha !

I do like the gauges but I need the space down there. 
I’d have booked it for the first oil change for Wednesday morning haha

1 minute ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I do like the gauges but I need the space down there. 
I’d have booked it for the first oil change for Wednesday morning haha

Yeah you spotted that then 500 miles  back in for oil and filter service- another reason to clock some miles 🙂

13 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Yeah you spotted that then 500 miles  back in for oil and filter service- another reason to clock some miles 🙂

I bet it has running in oil in to start with while things free up, don’t be tempted one bit to give it some and try not leave it ticking over for no reason, you need to keep oil pressure up under torque/load apparently. Good luck and enjoy it mate it looking a lot better 👍

2 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I bet it has running in oil in to start with while things free up, don’t be tempted one bit to give it some and try not leave it ticking over for no reason, you need to keep oil pressure up under torque/load apparently. Good luck and enjoy it mate it looking a lot better 👍

Thanks for your kind words mate 👍

You must be feeling like if you just got a new car mate! Happy for you. So nice to have it back that fast as well. I also love the front VR6 red badge on your black Corrado. Thank you as well for posting the break in period, that may be useful! That Schrick is beautiful to look at, I wish I could have one too but I think I missed the boat on that. 

Keep us posted! Cheers mate 

9 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

You must be feeling like if you just got a new car mate! Happy for you. So nice to have it back that fast as well. I also love the front VR6 red badge on your black Corrado. Thank you as well for posting the break in period, that may be useful! That Schrick is beautiful to look at, I wish I could have one too but I think I missed the boat on that. 

Keep us posted! Cheers mate 

Thanks for kind words ABV. Keep your eye on the classifieds chap - as mentioned Vince told me for some reason he has seen a fair few VSR and Schrick that his customers had purchased from Canada and imported to the UK, so there must of been a seller over there  some years back who sold some good units- Mk3 vr6 classifieds you never know what might be hiding under the bonnet . 

3 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Thanks for kind words ABV. Keep your eye on the classifieds chap - as mentioned Vince told me for some reason he has seen a fair few VSR and Schrick that his customers had purchased from Canada and imported to the UK, so there must of been a seller over there  some years back who sold some good units- Mk3 vr6 classifieds you never know what might be hiding under the bonnet . 

I found a write up many years ago by someone in the States who'd adapted a VSR to use OBD2 in a Golf, they're available but you just have to keep your eyes open and not have too much of a deadline to work to!

Another vote for the red VR6 badge here, some oik did me favour nicking mine years ago, the only one I could buy from the dealers at the time was red and I've had it ever since.

IMG_3064.jpeg

4 minutes ago, tonedef said:

I found a write up many years ago by someone in the States who'd adapted a VSR to use OBD2 in a Golf, they're available but you just have to keep your eyes open and not have too much of a deadline to work to!

Another vote for the red VR6 badge here, some oik did me favour nicking mine years ago, the only one I could buy from the dealers at the time was red and I've had it ever since.

IMG_3064.jpeg

Love that colour is it moonlight blue or a dark green ? - reminds me of a 964 in midnight blue favourite colour ever on a car! I know you have the Recaro seats TD what else you got hiding in there ?  Red does contrast great with a dark colour and a red decal notifies sport in the classic VW line up so it is fitting. 

Edited by Keyo

40 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Also the bonnet lip where is that from ? 

The lip spoiler is a Kamei but I bought it 25+ years ago for my valver, no idea where I bought it or if they're still available. Originally it was painted Blue Pearl Effect LC5Z which was a 1990 only colour, probably better known as a Golf Rallye colour. I transferred in to the VR6 when I traded up.

The colour is Classic Green so it's basically a Storm with a grey interior! It was on a forecourt next to a green Storm when we bought it but we preferred the grey leather to the cream. It's had various mods over the years, Koni coilovers and a Magnex exhaust went on in 2000, In-Pro lighting came and went as did various wheels and a Schrick VGI, now it has OBD2, Teves 20 and Climatronic from an assortment of different VAG cars. Brakes are 288 fronts and Mk4 rears. Other than the various wiring and ECU changes, the only engine mod is a pair of Schrick 268 cams. I'm sure there's a heap of other stuff included in 20 years of minor mods, repairs and an engine build that I've blanked out and pretended I haven't spent money on!

Edited by tonedef

they are a rare eyebrow spoiler i believe - ive got one going on my VR6 along with the Kamei X1 body kit

i just wish the paint shop would get a wriggle on, it has certainly been affected by this odd current situation

27 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

they are a rare eyebrow spoiler i believe - ive got one going on my VR6 along with the Kamei X1 body kit

i just wish the paint shop would get a wriggle on, it has certainly been affected by this odd current situation

They are a lovely body kit - I think some rocker covers look pretty damn good on a rado . TD 25 years that's some dedication fairplay. 

6 minutes ago, Keyo said:

They are a lovely body kit - I think some rocker covers look pretty damn good on a rado . TD 25 years that's some dedication fairplay. 

that they are - personally it is probably the only 1 i would fit as many of the alternatives are too garish

in fact it is the Kamei kit that drew me to the valver when i brought it for the 1st time about 20 years ago, sadly in between owning it the 1st & 2nd time someone removed the front splitter but the side & rear skirts remain. 

it was only due to this forum & a very keen eye that i managed to get a 2nd full X1 kit, thanks goldie 😉  - which currently being adapted to late model width & fitted during the VR restoration, ive pinched the eyebrow off the valver to complete the VR

Very nice, I know of only one other car in the UK that has one fitted and that is James Rawlins, but he is yet to 100 percent confirm it is a kamei kit. 

Its pretty annoying that there are loads of maxpower over the top kits and they went to a lot of hassle to make them- why not just copy the X1 kit - less is more.  

Right I m going on a 100 mile trip to get a pint of milk . 

Edited by Keyo

Keyo, strange question mate. Is the Shrick lettering raised or sunken in?

7 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Right I m going on a 100 mile trip to get a pint of milk . 

Loving it!!!

26 minutes ago, Keyo said:

There were times when I shut the garage doors and ignored it hoping it would go away! My eldest daughter now tells me I'm leaving it to her in my will, she was 5 and siting in a booster seat when we bought the valver.

Looks absolutely incredible mate, a testament to your pursuit of perfection!

great video that Keyo

you termed that right, most are very max power lol

TBH i think ive only ever seen a handful of these kits in the 20 years ive been driving a Corrado. 

1 was in an age old for sale ad over in the US, 2012 or something IIRC - 1 is on my 16v and the other is being fitted to the VR

i even spoke to Kamei in Germany quite a few years ago & they checked if there was any lingering on their shelves, sadly not

damn it i cant wait to get the VR back, its been gone more than double the estimated time now