11 hours ago, Cressa said:

Toby,  can we have the Wiki back please 😁

Yes sorry it’s been a busy busy. 

I may need some help porting the content. I’ll create a post now about it. 

On 5/11/2020 at 10:31 PM, culshaw said:

Hey @t700bes,

I've got a recurring corrado forum payment in paypal but it says I'm not a subscriber, can you help please? 🙂

You will need to cancel it, since the forum was built I’ve had to redo all the subscriptions.

you would need to take out a new subscription if you would like to stay a member. I’m happy to refund the difference also.

Thankd

On 5/11/2020 at 10:42 PM, Keyo said:

How many paid members are we upto now Toby ? 

Cheers. 

62 now! 

10 hours ago, t700bes said:

62 now! 

Good news looks like we are in it for the long run. 

On 5/20/2020 at 8:15 AM, t700bes said:

You will need to cancel it, since the forum was built I’ve had to redo all the subscriptions.

you would need to take out a new subscription if you would like to stay a member. I’m happy to refund the difference also.

Thankd

Already done, thanks

On 5/20/2020 at 8:19 AM, t700bes said:

62 now! 

Toby please can I put a suggestion forward. Can you allow none members to post parts and cars for sale because I believe members are going to miss out on obsolete parts because unsubscribed members will advertise elsewhere . If you could possibly program it so the author of the post can reply and only paying members.  If a none member wants to purchase the item then they can purchase a subscription. 

Any thoughts would be grateful. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Keyo

If you’re making money selling via the forum you should contribute IMO

If you need something obscure there’s always the wanted section?

Maybe a fee for a car but I think we are going to see hardly any obsolete  or rare parts come up for sale With the present set up. Also sellers like sprinter have stopped posting . A lot of these rare parts are sitting in old members garages and when they move house or sell their car they use to be able to post them on here, they can’t do that anymore  without paying a fee  and signing up ,so will put on eBay or Facebook I Imagine . There not going to sign up to membership if they are leaving the corrado community. 

Edited by Keyo

So they’ll be for sale somewhere else, what difference does it make? You’d still need to be fastest finger first? Put a wanted ad, list exactly what you want with a spare email address for contact.

if there’s any free passes imo it should be for ex admin and mods, or significant others who no longer have a Corrado but have a wealth of knowledge and who’d increase footfall here with worthwhile advice - been there / done that etc.

Well the only way see if these are good ideas, would be to trial them..... 😊

41 minutes ago, Dox said:

So they’ll be for sale somewhere else, what difference does it make? You’d still need to be fastest finger first? Put a wanted ad, list exactly what you want with a spare email address for contact.

if there’s any free passes imo it should be for ex admin and mods, or significant others who no longer have a Corrado but have a wealth of knowledge and who’d increase footfall here with worthwhile advice - been there / done that etc.

The difference would be Dox if they post on here it will be up for grabs  for the 60 members on here and not the whole of FB and ebay - also the prices tend to be better on here because well I know I have in the past priced parts on a membership friendly basis. Its not really advisable to post your email or any personal details on a thread someone told me once. The wanted thread when I have ever posted has never yielded me anything to be honest, and the brand new obsolete part will be more then lightly sitting in a none members loft who sold their car 5 years back and will be unable to answer. . 

Edited by Keyo

Well there are 60 members on here , lets have a vote. Then Toby can see the outcome and make a decision. 

Yes from me. 

Edited by Keyo

I think it’s worth opening the classifieds up to non subscribers. If an old member turns up some parts in the shed or loft you’d expect they’d be likely to look here first for a marketplace, we’ve had a lot of members through these doors over the years!

It’s a difficult one.

hapoy to hear comments, but also any area that allows free posting is subject to people posting crap in that topic as that’s the only place they can post.

I'm happy to consider anything though, but we need to be careful

5 minutes ago, t700bes said:

It’s a difficult one.

hapoy to hear comments, but also any area that allows free posting is subject to people posting crap in that topic as that’s the only place they can post.

I'm happy to consider anything though, but we need to be careful

Does it need moderator(s) to control it? I seem to remember a time when you posted a new thread in the classifieds but it wasn’t listed until a mod had approved it.

Of course that then opens to accusation of the mods bagging all the best deals before they’re posted, can’t win can you!

Stand still and die

Keep moving to stay alive.

Trying costs nothing and if it doesnt work out for the forum,  then we can return to the safety of our trench. We all want the forum to stay alive as we are here. I 100% believe the ability of adding the pictures again has revived us. And I hate asking my GF to see if something is available on FB 

7 minutes ago, tonedef said:

Of course that then opens to accusation of the mods bagging all the best deals before they’re posted, can’t win can you!

I would happily moderate the parts for sale area 😁🤣

2 minutes ago, easypops said:

🤣🤣🤣 I thought you did 👍

4 minutes ago, easypops said:

I purposely didn’t bring your name into it......but now you mention it!

It's not a bad idea, but definitely needs to be moderated. You'd get more cars posted as well.

I don't know how to prevent the first dibs to moderators though, which would be unfair (although you could see it as a reward for the pain of being a mod)  - I wonder if any of the other forums had rules around that?

29 minutes ago, Nmdsec said:

I nominate easypops 😂

I’ll second that, it’s not like I have a running Corrado anyway 😁

5 minutes ago, easypops said:

I’ll second that, it’s not like I have a running Corrado anyway 😁

Oh if having a non running Corrado means you can do it.. .  I could be your helper 🤣