Keyo

Where was your car from and dealer ?

First registered 01.03.1996 W. Grose Eurocar

So my car was from W. Grose Eurocar in Northampton apply located on Scirocco close ! Grose was originally a car manufacturer and his children went into to dealerships in the 20th century. They had several slight name changes over the years and eventually closed business in 2012. There is still a J. Grose dealership no doubt a relative. 

My car was a dealers company car I think- I have attached a document below from the books that came with the car and appears it was signed over to the dealership as the first owner. It then stayed there for a couple years and moved onto Market Harborough then Epsom where it was owned for at least 18 years  by a very good owner and was garaged and just a weekend car- last owner but me then dailed it and did 12 k miles a year and when I purchased the car another couple of bad years ownership could of been the end of her easily. 

Here is the handover document -  someone in a forecourt came up to me once and said that was a VW company car from Northamton and I said how did you know that ans he mentione last three digits on the reg plate- is there any truth to this ? I've heard people mention before its a good thing if it was a dealers personal car why is that ? 

Thanks hd1.jpg 

hd.jpg

euro.jpg

Edited by Keyo

Mine was first registered by John Fox in Nottingham 01/11/95 but there’s a delivery date of 24/10/95 in the service book from Milton Keynes. It was then serviced by VAG dealers in Towcester, back to Nottingham, Birmingham, Norwich, back to Nottingham again before I went all the way to Surrey to buy it with 57K miles on the clock in September 2000. 

1 hour ago, Dox said:

4789eee4d84c77a9d42d3c81accc8ae8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like the original decal? Cool 

Edited by Keyo

40 minutes ago, tonedef said:

Mine was first registered by John Fox in Nottingham 01/11/95 but there’s a delivery date of 24/10/95 in the service book from Milton Keynes. It was then serviced by VAG dealers in Towcester, back to Nottingham, Birmingham, Norwich, back to Nottingham again before I went all the way to Surrey to buy it with 57K miles on the clock in September 2000. 

Lucky  to of survived Birmingham chap in the 90s the car theft here is on another level ! Nice decal has Mr John Fox and available . 

https://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/6047/john-fox-nottingham-vw-audi-dealer-sticker

3 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Just got my repro original dealer sticker put back on. Lockyear VW/Audi, Cranleigh, Surrey.

Was you lucky enough to get one from dmb chap ? I was lucky enough with my golf from Lonsdale London- they are great quality, Im thinking of getting them to make one up with W. Grose. Jack frost was a bit of a cool dealer. 

https://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/6038/jack-frost-hauxton-garage-cambridge-vw-dealer-sticker

Edited by Keyo

That looks like the original decal? Cool 

I believe so, original tax disc holder too, but it has now fallen off and landed sticky side down...
4c14002e51d3c3ef409ae19d4b0741f1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just checked mine now.

First registered on 1st August 1994 at Windrush VW in Slough.

Si

IMG_20200808_215848753~2.jpg

11 hours ago, Keyo said:

Was you lucky enough to get one from dmb chap ? I was lucky enough with my golf from Lonsdale London- they are great quality, Im thinking of getting them to make one up with W. Grose. Jack frost was a bit of a cool dealer. 

https://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/6038/jack-frost-hauxton-garage-cambridge-vw-dealer-sticker

Yeah that's where I got it mate. I was hoping to get number plates too but he no longer does them.

My white one was first registed by VW Audi at Stanwell Boston in Lincs on 30/11/95. It was registered to a company (T A Smith & Co Ltd - Farm Produce company now disolved). I still have the original dealer plate surrounds but the front one got snagged by my car cover 😞

The car lived with them for 4 years and covered 45k. It was on a private place (K5 ELM) during that time. It then moved on to it's second owner and onto another private place (C5 OMA) for the next 10 years and remained in Licolnshire. Then onto the third owner for 3 years in Andover, 4th who bought it for his dad who sadly died before possession, 5th who had it a year and then I bought it.  

It would be nice to trace the owners via the private plates but don't know how to do that (K5 ELM is a newish Land Rover and C5 OMA is on a newish Ford Fiesta)

My Pearl Grey  Mettalic 1993 VR6 VR6 was delivered to Sheerness and sold by Sinclair Garages in Swansea, ("A Quattro Centre"!), sold in Feb 93 to the first owner, a Mrs A. Harris, with vanity plate TOU 1.

I think it stayed in Swansea until 2007/8, when it was imported to Northern Ireland, which is where I bought it before bringing it south.

The VW factory records give it a manufacturing date of 05.01.1993 and delivery date of 10.02.1993.

First registered on 13th April 1995 to VW Whites of Wimbledon (now defunct) as a demo car. It stayed there for 4 months and 6000 miles, before being sold to the 2nd keeper in Surrey. Two years later it moved up to Slough and the 3rd keeper and was maintained by the aforementioned Windrush. It was kept for 10 years and another 140k miles, regularly serviced at the dealer. The next owner looks like they were based in Aylsebury, did the chains and put another 20000 miles on in a year before selling to the guy I bought it off in Milton Keynes. I've had it for about 9 years now and about 50000 miles.

On 8/9/2020 at 3:53 PM, pfnsht said:

My white one was first registed by VW Audi at Stanwell Boston in Lincs on 30/11/95. It was registered to a company (T A Smith & Co Ltd - Farm Produce company now disolved). I still have the original dealer plate surrounds but the front one got snagged by my car cover 😞

The car lived with them for 4 years and covered 45k. It was on a private place (K5 ELM) during that time. It then moved on to it's second owner and onto another private place (C5 OMA) for the next 10 years and remained in Licolnshire. Then onto the third owner for 3 years in Andover, 4th who bought it for his dad who sadly died before possession, 5th who had it a year and then I bought it.  

It would be nice to trace the owners via the private plates but don't know how to do that (K5 ELM is a newish Land Rover and C5 OMA is on a newish Ford Fiesta)

Irememberr in the the gangland killings in the essex boys there was a white corrado mentioned on the day - something to do with the case and was mentioned as evidence in court if you google it- you might be able to find out and see if someone owns on here or if they car is no more . 

Very VERY random coincidence;

I was just looking here to see if there were any reproduction dealer stickers/plates etc. as I have recently baught an Audi Coupe which looking through its history was first registered from that dealership to none other than... T.A Smith & co!! on 10/11/95, 25 days before your old one! - N693 WDO - looking through the history apears never to have been on a private plate.

If you have any pics of that number plate surround or any more info on T.A Smith & co I would be very intrested to see

On 6/22/2022 at 11:42 PM, lotus3512 said:

Very VERY random coincidence;

I was just looking here to see if there were any reproduction dealer stickers/plates etc. as I have recently baught an Audi Coupe which looking through its history was first registered from that dealership to none other than... T.A Smith & co!! on 10/11/95, 25 days before your old one! - N693 WDO - looking through the history apears never to have been on a private plate.

If you have any pics of that number plate surround or any more info on T.A Smith & co I would be very intrested to see

I've just received an email informing me of this post! Bump in case its been caught up in recent forum issues

me too, i dont think Lotus3512 post hit the forum until now even though it is stamped June.

He and I msg'd via messenger on here back in June - I sent him some pics of what I had with my car. It was a pretty interesting story (to us anyway) - his Audi 80 Coupe (V6) was purchased from the same dealer as my Corrado. Our cars would have sat together in the company car park for approx 4 years. 

Our books that came with the car have the same handwriting in so assume the same Sales person dealt with both too.

Edited by MJA

On 8/10/2020 at 7:22 PM, tony_ack said:

First registered on 13th April 1995 to VW Whites of Wimbledon (now defunct) as a demo car. It stayed there for 4 months and 6000 miles, before being sold to the 2nd keeper in Surrey. Two years later it moved up to Slough and the 3rd keeper and was maintained by the aforementioned Windrush. It was kept for 10 years and another 140k miles, regularly serviced at the dealer. The next owner looks like they were based in Aylsebury, did the chains and put another 20000 miles on in a year before selling to the guy I bought it off in Milton Keynes. I've had it for about 9 years now and about 50000 miles.

My G60 was a demo car from Whites of Wimbledon, still have all the original documents and other VAG booklets including the instruction manual in the original folder too..

The first few years the original owner was a dentist in Surrey until 1996 then it made its way to Chelmsford in Essex and has been in Essex ever since.

DSC02004.JPG

DSC02005.JPG

2 minutes ago, Bauhaus said:

My G60 was a demo car from Whites of Wimbledon, still have all the original documents and other VAG booklets including the instruction manual in the original folder too..

The first few years the original owner was a dentist in Surrey until 1996 then it made its way to Chelmsford in Essex and has been in Essex ever since.

DSC02004.JPG

DSC02005.JPG

C24E25CE-83E8-40FC-BEF6-D25E60A72E1C.png

How did I miss this thread before.  My car was from Dovercourt too, I will post up a pic. Are you missing yours yet Chris?

17 hours ago, Cressa said:

How did I miss this thread before.  My car was from Dovercourt too, I will post up a pic. Are you missing yours yet Chris?

Missing my what mate?

do you have the original dealer plates by any chance? I’m having some dealer plates made but would like to see what the original logo was.

On 8/28/2022 at 1:46 PM, ChrisL said:

Missing my what mate?

do you have the original dealer plates by any chance? I’m having some dealer plates made but would like to see what the original logo was.

Apologies, I was getting mixed up, as I think it was Seanl that sold his..

DmB made mine up going on the style that they all were at the time

20220905_133041.jpg