Sign in to follow this  
ben16v

Very bad day-Write Off!!!

well, its a day of mourning in my house sonia16v`s poor corrado has been banged!

any comments on the best thing to do will be greatly appreciated

dunno about rights of salvage or anything yet but, fingers crossed!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

brief story:

straight road, 5 in a queue, front 1 waiting to turn sonia at the back, boy racer in a 40mph limit playing silly buggers with other scum mate behind equals:

Nooo :(

That looked like a very very clean car as well :( :(

It's a sh#t world when some tw#t in a crap car can do that to someone's pride and joy. You have my sympathies, hope it gets sorted OK.

Sorry to see those pictures - its a horrible feeling I know.

Whats worse is a chav in a XR2 did it !

Anyway hope you get it sorted soon without the usual insurance hassle - has the c**t got any insurance??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

yeah he said he got insurance on his dads policy, he lives in the same town :mad: an it was only 1/2 a mile from home!!

it is a horrible experience but everyone was ok apart from a sore neck etc... and thats all that matters at the end of the day!

i`ve got a horrible feeling that it`ll be written off (similar thing in my mum`s old golf)

even if it is d`ya think insurance will sell it back to her??

its gotta be worth breaking/repairing hasn`t it??

Insurance companies usually want rid of the car so if you say it is of sentimental value and you will cover the shortfall and will be getting the repairs done yourself - they'll happily sell it back to you - they usually don't ask much either

cheers!

i`ll probably be posting on here a lot more for advice!

so any insurancy types feel free to PM or post or whatever, will keep you all informed along the way!

yeah he said he got insurance on his dads policy, he lives in the same town :mad: an it was only 1/2 a mile from home!!

it is a horrible experience but everyone was ok apart from a sore neck etc... and thats all that matters at the end of the day!

i`ve got a horrible feeling that it`ll be written off (similar thing in my mum`s old golf)

even if it is d`ya think insurance will sell it back to her??

its gotta be worth breaking/repairing hasn`t it??

well the buckled floor is making that look 99% probable i'm afraid to say :cry: :shock: ...............dunno whats the best thing for you to do :? ..........cos i would imagine repairing that buckle will cost a fortune and reckon the car will never drive the same even if its repaired to a high standard

unfortunately, I'm with ya there Rodders... If the boot floor's been bent, then the whole rear alignment will be out and you'll need some serious jig work to straighten it... :( This will definately be a write off IMHO as the work involved just to sort the rear panel will be enough to write an early valver like this off... Damned shame 'cos it looked like a nice one too... :|

Get whoever was in the Corrado at the time checked out ASAP with a decent doctor and make sure you get copies of any notes made about injuries... Get yourself some decent claims advice too... ;)

Most insurance companies allow you to buy back the salvage for between 5 and 10% of the replacement payout they make... This can be knocked off what you receive in the final cheque, or may have to be paid upfront depending on the insurance company... It looks like there's some good panels in there and the rest of the car looks to be in good shape, so breaking her will probably be worth your while if you have the space and time to do it.... Alternatively, you could always stick in a Rallye/synchro boot floor and 4x4 system with an engine upgrade! ;) :lol: 8)

Hope it all works out for you anyway, it's a real arse when some pillock does something like this and you are a completely innocent party... :|

gutted for whoevers involved,hope everything goes through ok,it doesnt look to bad,but what makes it worse is that its right on the towing eye,so odds are the chassis will be a bit squashed,but by the looks of it the fezzy took most of the impact

Gutted for you mate, like Henny said get your self to a decent doctors soon, looks like you took quite a hard whack, whiplash can be painful and come on a good few days after the bump, trust me I know!

I also think it will be written off. Don't accept the first settlement figure the insurance offer you, in my experience it is always far too low.

Got the info below from RAC carfinder.

Vehicle details

Manufacturer Ford

Model FIESTA FLIGHT

Body type 5 door hatchback

Colour Blue

Fuel type Petrol

Date manufactured 30 December 1992

Number of previous owners 4

Last owner change 02 February 2004

Most insurance companies allow you to buy back the salvage for between 5 and 10% of the replacement payout they make...

Highway insurance let me buy the salvage for 20% of the market value they paid me.

Elephant quote 18%.

Do you think they would be flexible on their percentages ?

Yeah, not only the buckled boot foor, but a buckled slam panel at the front, too. No chance it'll be repaired... :(

Its only a buckled boot floor at the rear, they are welded in, it will need jigiging i bet though, slam panel could be dont yourself (minus a god sray job). i'd say its a easy but not cheap repair, I've seen far worse repaired

hey guys

just gotta wait for the inspector to come early next week, i know whats coming but i`m prepared to fight the initial price they give me all the way and defo try and buy it back cos a lot of the parts on it are in better nick than mine.

been to doctors and hospital etc..... no injuries apart from seriously painful back, neck, etc....

sonia`s ok today just doped up on painkillers that make her sleepy

unfortunatly she`s not gonna be able to come to tatton park tomorrow but i`m still gonna try to make it!

TBH i would prefer a write off and buy it back as i wouldnt really want my girlfriend to be driving a car that may or may not be safe

on the lookout for another now so she can get back to enjoying her driving!

please feel free to comment on anything else you think will be relevant regarding claiming compensation(might as well!!!), breaking or anything else

cheers guys :(

Gutted, but glad that you're mostly ok. Definately buying it back is a good idea, you could probably make your money on spares to people on here :) I agree with G60Jet, about the whiplash as well.

Good luck,

Tom

Claim for back and neck pain. help cover losses lol

And we wonder why our premiums continue to skyrocket.... :roll: