Dox

Calling past members, log in, say hello and update life n cars please

A lot of the info is still here if you search. If you use the advanced options it's pretty powerful.

Any photos or pictures that were hosted externally are likely gone though - that's not to do with the forum, but with the hosting sites.

Some old links are dead, and sometimes a link to an older topic in the archive doesn't work, but I'm not sure what can be done about that.

Pleased to report I’m still here despite the VR not wanting to start at the moment. I have been advised that new Lambda sensor will address the issue. Not a nice job to do on the drive.

Just randomly thought of the forum and it logged me in from my phone. I’ve not been on for years!

I’m on my third Corrado now 😀 

hello to anyone that I might know - Stefan

Hi Stefan, i bought some foglights from you....about 15 years ago. I think you were near to Hammersmith at the time. 

Good to see you back here!

Hasan

On 10/14/2023 at 9:53 PM, fla said:

Hi Stefan, i bought some foglights from you....about 15 years ago. I think you were near to Hammersmith at the time. 

Good to see you back here!

Hasan

Ha! Yes you did, I was in Chiswick. I’m on my third Corrado now. Do you still need those lights 😉 I hope you’re well. 

On 10/21/2023 at 8:35 PM, the delta force said:

Ha! Yes you did, I was in Chiswick. I’m on my third Corrado now. Do you still need those lights 😉 I hope you’re well. 

Sorry Chiswick, my bad memory! Haha yup I'll pop over and get them, if they're at the same price 😉

Post up some pics of your car whenever you have time

Hasan

• Like 1

Been away for years due to concentrating on mk2 golfs but although I've currently got an r32 mk2 golf I had to have another corrado so bought myself a storm a few months ago, not a big fan of social media in general but always loved the forums, was chuffed to see it still alive & kicking albeit not so busy, can't seem to work out how to subscribe mind you which I'd gladly do if someone could help me.

10 hours ago, Lee1873 said:

Been away for years due to concentrating on mk2 golfs but although I've currently got an r32 mk2 golf I had to have another corrado so bought myself a storm a few months ago, not a big fan of social media in general but always loved the forums, was chuffed to see it still alive & kicking albeit not so busy, can't seem to work out how to subscribe mind you which I'd gladly do if someone could help me.

Top rh corner press the 3 lines and. Drop down box listing things.  It shows subscriptions on mine. I have an early mk2 golf in the middle of being restored. 8v that I don't have the love for. 

And as a non runner it is blocking in my corrado!! 

2 hours ago, Cressa said:

I have an early mk2 golf in the middle of being restored. 8v that I don't have the love for. 

Time to re assess?

3 hours ago, Cressa said:

Top rh corner press the 3 lines and. Drop down box listing things.  It shows subscriptions on mine. I have an early mk2 golf in the middle of being restored. 8v that I don't have the love for. 

I love my golf but it's very raw & stupidly quick, have tried to sell it but everytime I have a blast in it I'm reminded how much fun it is, it scares the other half though so the corrado is a compromise that she's happy to be passenger in 😂

re. the subscription, I get the subscriptions thing too when I click on the 3 lines top r.h. but when I click it I get an error page EXO code or something saying page doesn't exist, would be great if someone could fix it 🤷‍♂️

On 1/27/2024 at 1:04 PM, Lee1873 said:

I love my golf but it's very raw & stupidly quick, have tried to sell it but everytime I have a blast in it I'm reminded how much fun it is, it scares the other half though so the corrado is a compromise that she's happy to be passenger in 😂

re. the subscription, I get the subscriptions thing too when I click on the 3 lines top r.h. but when I click it I get an error page EXO code or something saying page doesn't exist, would be great if someone could fix it 🤷‍♂️

I am getting this error message as well ?

Not been on here in a while , i would like to interact more with the forum again, i have a G60 project on the go at the moment that id like to share with members .

Still lurking around - and still have the Corrado (daily during summer, hibernation during winter 🙂 ), and been paying, but as card expired and the auto payment didn't go thru, not a "member" any longer - tried to renew but payment page doesn't seem to work 😞

And yea, facebook suck for things like this, and sadly ruined a he*** of a lot of forums around...... 😞

Well hello everyone, I hope you are all well?

How time flies, it has been seven years since I last posted on this great forum. 

Still have my 16V in Aqua blue and just put it back on the road at the start of the summer after many many years.

Im not to be confused with the OG Corradowannabe, who was long standing member way before me, but the space in the username often got used confused!

Since getting the old girl back on the road I have noticed a real drop in parts availability (even for the Valver) and she is currently off the road at the moment because VW cannot supply me with a fuel filter banjo bolt as it might contain Russian steel. 

So if there wasn't enough reasons to hate Vladimir Putin, one more is he's keeping a Corrado off the road!

Will hopefully post a bit more on here again as life has finally got to a point where there is car tinkering time and a decent garage to work in (pics attached)!

Dougie

20230724_161611.jpg

20230727_154314.jpg

Hi.

No problem, better late than never 😉.

So this car tinkering time you speak of, do you have enough to share around ?

Looking forward to more updates 🫡

• Like 1

Thanks James,

I'm full of good intentions, but I reckon my tinkering time will consist of sitting in the garage looking at it rather than doing anything!

I think the.updates will be sporadic at best, as it doesnt really want for much

I have a new radiator and water pump to fit, but being unable to start it because of the banjo bolt means I can't circulate the coolant flush, but I will get there eventually.  

Dougie

Looking good Dougie, what banjo clamp are you after? We might be able to suggest an alternative - HEL Performance make quite a few bolts. VW parts supply is pretty rubbish, even Mk5 Golfs are suffering with VW obsolescence, however there are many alternatives out there.

All the best

Matt 

Pirtek do all sorts  of hydraulic fittings, usually you’ll find one locally to you

At last a post i can actually reply to 

Many posts on here i can no longer reply to

Glad I could be of some use ger 😉 

Thanks for the lead Dox

Matt, its the two Banjo Bolts either side of the Fuel Filter, but if I was really stuck I can just get away with the smaller of the two on the outlet side. I have all the crush washers,, and VW classic have the samll bolt but cant sell it as it might contain Russian steel!

I saw HEL performance bolts but started doubting myself that they were the correct dimensions. 

Small banjo is part no: 048 133 505 and large is N 903 580 03

I managed to fire up an old laptop and reinstall ETKA, so if anyone is looking for part numbers I might be of some use in the future.

Dougie  

N 903 580 03 has been superseeded by N90358004, specs are M14x1.5

Cheapest from LLL Parts (has parts diagrams too) but they have a picking and packing fee so only worthwhile if you're buying other bits and bobs. If not heritage parts do it for £12.50+post...

You probably could easily find an equiv on HEL or as Dox says Pirtek's website as it looks pretty generic unlike 048 133 505

https://www.lllparts.co.uk/product/N90358004/banjo-bolt

048 133 505 is available from VW Classics, it is M12x1.5 but has a filter in and perhaps is pretty unique, not sure the HEL ones would work for this

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.com/catalog/en_uk/part/048133505?epis=002,004,006,007,009,013,014,020,030,043,044,051,055,059,064,065,066,067,069,070,076,077&ct=3&q=048 133 505

Good info Matt thank you. 

Will look up the alternate part no for the large banjo bolt as Heritage said it was NLA.

Like you say, s.all one with filter may be more difficult to source and I ordered it from Heritage but received an email saying despite having it, they couldn't supply it due to the embargo .

That LLL site is interesting and I wasn't aware of it so thanks for that. 

Dougie

On 9/27/2023 at 6:52 PM, fendervg said:

A lot of the info is still here if you search. If you use the advanced options it's pretty powerful.

Any photos or pictures that were hosted externally are likely gone though - that's not to do with the forum, but with the hosting sites.

Some old links are dead, and sometimes a link to an older topic in the archive doesn't work, but I'm not sure what can be done about that.

Yep, for me returning to the forum and seeing all the content has been super useful. Lack of images are a problem and it's usually the image you need the most! I was thinking the other day that if people still had these images we could get as many uploaded somewhere and using an AI tool *try* to categorise them somehow. Won't be perfect but might give us something we can refer back too for the future? I'd be happy to give that a go if we could get enough people to pull together the photos.

Still look in practically every day

Still have the G60 but due to go for its winter hibernation 

Still have various projects ongoing when i have the time which is not a lot at present 

• Like 1

There is, comparative to the past, a sea of Corrado's for sale at the moment, some nice ones too - G60 on Ebay for 9995 looks clean. Prices are still quite strong, compared to say a Mk2 Golf which historically has been priced higher. Whether they sell is anyone's guess I suppose.

I look most days in the hope of finding a bargain, but the cheap ones would cost more than a nice one to put right so haven't had any luck.

I do still check back every now and then as I love Corrados! Had a chance to buy another recently but the ULEZ thing just doesn't make it worthwhile to me 😞 I've had a few different cars since, but nothing has quite scared me as much as my VR6 turbo did - good times! Since I sold my Corrado, and boring cars aside I've had owned the following:

FK8 Type R - best handling car I've owned to this day!

50750988628_38a22d8a7a_c.jpg

W205 C63 AMG 

50967310167_20fd1aaf64_c.jpg

971 Panamera GTS

53022067651_933a364dae_c.jpg

Current - DB11 V8 (Missed the C63 engine that much!)

54068602526_4b933af19a_c.jpg

54068862163_b3ef8dabf4_c.jpg