16vradge, thought you'd pulled for a second there... damn charity workers - they'll say anything for a donation :lol:

She was a bit on the old side, but she had experienced hands - if the weather was better I'd have got her over the bonnet...............with the polish - she should earn that 50 pence! :lol:

I was paying for my petrol when this guy says to me, i really like your car mate, is it a VR6, why does everyone asume all corrados are VR6's!

I was chuffed!

A guy at work deliberately calls it a Scirrado, which annoys the hell out of me, but of course I don't show it!

When giving a mate of mine a lift last week, he comes out with 'I didn't realise this car had so much poke'. Well, he does ride a pushbike everywhere!

Sitting in traffic on Friday morning and a guy next to me in his Prelude started saying how nice it was and was impressed with the good condition... asked if it was like a suped up version of the scirroco!?! I said kinda :lol:

I was in Brighton the other month taking pics infront of some graffitti when some dude walked past

"hey nice scirocco"

"it's a corrado"

"Yeah, nice scirocco"

"..corrado"

"I like sciroccos"

"well this is a corrado"

He still walked off muttering something about sciroccos.

I was paying for my petrol when this guy says to me, i really like your car mate, is it a VR6, why does everyone asume all corrados are VR6's!

I was chuffed!

Today when I was having some tints put on the rado, some dude turned up...

"Nice Corrado" he said, "is it a G60?"

So no, not everyone thinks al rados are vr's!!! hehe

im getting real tired of the ol chap across the road...keep reminding me of when he thought it was a porsche :roll:

yesterdays news/move on/jokes over/buy me some new feckin wheels?

got out of my car yesterday, and just as I was locking him an old Rasta guy comes cruising along on his push bike, looks at the car, looks at me, gives me a huge toothy grin and says whilst nodding and grinning "ya-thas-cool-mon" (yes, your car looks very nice my friend)

Indeed.. when I had my first Corrado, I came flying into the car park for the college I worked for at the time, and heard a few geezers out the front go "Ah man!! G60!!" - obviously not able to read the 16v badges on the front and rear then! ;)

I'm not sure if this can really qualify as a chuftie, but yesterday I was accelerating away through the local estate, taking a short cut but held up in a queue of traffic just moving away from a pedestrian crossing on the green light.

Couple of textbook chavesque young fellas on the opposite side of the road ( ambling along with that wide boy stance that suggest they've just had an accident of the pants kind) suddenly started looking animated and looking into the road.

Making a snap judgment on their likely tastes, I thought they'd got excited over a terribly gazzed Vectra, silver with a bloody stupid great spoiler superglued on the back, heading in the opposite direction. However, when it had passed on (back into the lower circles of Hades whence it came, I hope) it became apparent they were into the VR. Chav no. 1 broke out into a big grin, nudged his mate and pointed. Hurried lip reading suggested he was explaining the qualities of the 'rado, and the quick double nod and point to the grille suggested he was fixing Chav no.2's attention on the VR badge.

I stonewalled, attempting to look cool in wraparounds (always a failed task) but permitted myself a look in the rearview when I'd passed, and they'd both stopped ambling in a cackpantsed manner and had turned to do a full slack jawed gawk.

I love my car.

Indeed.. when I had my first Corrado, I came flying into the car park for the college I worked for at the time, and heard a few geezers out the front go "Ah man!! G60!!" - obviously not able to read the 16v badges on the front and rear then! ;)

first thing peeps ask about mine is "g60?", they always look happier when I say its a VR ;)

Took the VR out to work for a change today. In the fast lane on the M1 and a white van comes up behind so I move into middle lane but he doesn't come past- I look over and there is a young-ish fella looking back at the car- he mouths 'Nice-car'- smiles and burns off! Well chuffed!

Ice White Socks, You weren't in the middle lane just about to go past a Lambo were you ;) :lol: