Exchanged appreciative nods with a guy in a stunning black Lotus Exige in the petrol station yesterday.. was rather cool! :)

Exchanged appreciative nods with a guy in a stunning black Lotus Exige in the petrol station yesterday.. was rather cool! :)

Probably fancied you Jim :lol:

and was hoping Jim would follow him back to his salon :lol:

a while back got followed by a couple of dodgy looking lads in a ropey white van. they started flashing me for no apparent reason so i put my toe down & left them for dead! they eventually caught up with me at the next set of lights & continued flashing me. at first i thought they might try to nick my car but then i thought maybe something's fell/hanging off & they are trying to tell me something? so i slowed right down & got stuck at a set of lights, the driver jumps out runs to my window & said " is it a VR6?" when i said yeah, he said "firkin mint car mate, can we take some pics of your engine?" at this point i was still wary but i made them follow me to work, just in case! anyway turns out they are doing a mk2/vr6 conversion & were a bit lost with where everything went! so after spending nearly 20 mins taking pics & videos of my car (nor sure why they took pics of the whole car) they drove off very happy teddys!

and was hoping Jim would follow him back to his salon :lol:

Haw haw...

You wouldn't have been saying that if you'd seen it lads.. it was a pretty hard looking motor. Black with the hard black back instead of a rear window and a big ass carbon spoiler.. it really looked like a proper track weapon! And I can tell you - have been out in a race prep one and they go (and handle) like you wouldn't believe!!

Ice White Socks, You weren't in the middle lane just about to go past a Lambo were you

Funny you should mention a Lambo. I WAS in the middle lane a few weeks back on the M69 and had a Lambo come past at nearly full chat- I reckon 160mph; he had obviously been provoked by an S2000 which came wazzing past a few seconds later (and that was shiftin as well!)

Cheers

Had school trip today and had to take the car along (in case my wife went into labour!). When we stopped for lunch all the kids piled off the coach and walked past the car- got 30+ chufties! :D 'Awww, nice car, Mr Carrick!' 'Can we go with you on the way back?' etc etc.

When I first got it, I told my class, and at playtime they all went tearing across the playground to gawp- one of them even said he beat up his cousin 'cos he didn't like it :lol: Well trained :wink:

My other half's mate loves my Corrado, also likes my Scirocco too!

He prefers the Corrado to Fil's Toyota Celica Mk4 - pop up headlamp model!

The other day at work one of the lads saw the Corrado and said Wow is that your car - I've alway's liked them - it's a Corrado isn't it? When I told him about the stage 2 charger he was drooling a good 'un!

That made me feel good!

Sunday - Hereford. At traffic lights turning right by Sainsbury's, couple of blokes in left hand lane in a Vauxhall - drove past and both turned their heads in admiration of German engineering!

Mega Chuftie!

How about this for a Chuftie, a mate of mine who's a die hard 20vt fan, had a go in mine, then promptly sold his complete S3 running gear - engine, 'box, loom, ecu - works and bought a VR!

haha, popped down to pub today, parked rado next to mate joe's clio 172 cup that he'd spent the morning cleaning, (haven't cleaned the rado for about a week.) had three seperate incidents of friends coming over to join us and saying, "Corrado's looking really nice mate"... great, pissed off look on Joes face...!

Got back to the car today and found a note saying the author was looking for a Corrado and if I was interested in selling to give him a call which must be a compliment and the 1st time thats ever happened to me. My 2 boys were well impressed and are now starting to believe my stories about how rare Corrados are becoming. 8)

Vaughan

i've had a couple of chufties since i bought the c, but the best one was half an hour after buying it,

i had been driving round in a aubergine vectra...ok, ok, keep the p155 taking down, i did my time for my crime...i do have a wife and 2 kids you know..

well, on my travels, i spotted my c to be, parked on a forcourt, and fell in love instantly, i had always loved c's, but could never really find one i a. could afford, b, one i really fell in love with, but this was it...i turned round and asked how much he would give me for the vectra, well, he said a £1000, so, i promptly arranged to do the deal the following evening, but neglected to tell my wife.

well, next evening, deal done, i drove around for 20 mins, getting used to the feel of the car, and the admiring looks, and decided to go home and face the music...

what did the wife say... WOW i love it, put me on your insurance...kids...dad, we love your new car, and the next door neighbour, who is a real looker said..what can i do to get my hands on your car...

since then, they have not stopped, even the time i was in tesco's car park and parked next to a mint red g60, he had gone when i got back, just a note on the screen saying "nice" ....tesco's burgess hill if your out there.

sandman68, that's awesome! :D

I absolutely loved driving mine for the first time :)

A mate and I stopped off earlier this evening in town to pick up our pizza. Were on our way to the pub, so stopped in the 'rado to consume, listen to music, chat etc.

While doing so, my old Chemistry teacher (who lives just up the hill from there) walked by. He used to run a 'rocco when he taught me, and is VW nut. He'd been ogling the car already on approach, then was delighted to find two of his former pupils inside. Shook hands with us (the hands not holding pizza) through the open sunroof, and said "Hello lads: you're sitting in my favourite ever car!".

He refused any pizza, feeding off looking the car over instead. He has a young son who arrived just when he was looking at finally getting a Corrado. I think tonight's rekindled his desire to get one. He couldn't stop wandering around it, passing approving comments about how good it was looking.

Even when he bid us farewell and took off for the pub, he was still looking back over his shoulder 'til he rounded the corner.

Sweet!

Right, two chufties in a row for me here! Get in.

Held up by the lights in Tunnel Hill in Worcester tonight. For the few of you on here who might not know this section of road (shame on you), it does exactly what it says on the tin. It's one of those sections of road not built with modern traffic in mind: it's at the bottom of a hill, going through a tunnel under the railway line. The road narrows to become one lane only in the tunnel, and thus traffic is controlled by a traffic light, one direction at a time.

Having found myself at the head of the queue for the traffic heading into town, I waited at the red light. Just ahead of me, a collection of young, street/chav looking fellas were stalking through the tunnel. Hadn't clocked me.

I have an old uni mate staying with me at the moment. This is the first time I've ever taken him out in the car I've always wanted to own, so naturally, when the light changed, we both grinned as I opened up all six and let the sound boom back off the ceiling and walls as we flew through the tunnel...

...and past a crowd of excited young streetwise men, who'd turned on a sixpence when the VR begin to roar, and were whooping us past in pure rally checkpoint style, all fists waving and cheering.

Love it.

Right, hat trick time.

A red Mk 3 GTI pulled out onto the A38 in Worcester a couple of cars in front of me as it was getting dark this morning. Both cars between us pulled off to the right, leaving me to catch up behind him.

The Golf had all the hallmarks of something that was a bit gazzed. Silly script on the number plate and some tacky mods, but still looked well cared for and good enough.

Now with Mk 3's, I often watch the driver for a reaction, to see whether he'll clock the Corrado or whether it'll zoom over his/her head. In my experience, it's an even split between those who recognise the Corrado and appreciate it (particularly true of GTI/2.8 VR drivers, naturally enough) and those who are simply haven't got a clue.

Now this fella obviously knew a Corrado when he saw one: having checked his rearview mirror cursorily as I came up behind him, he then did a classic double-take, before spending the next hundred yards looking more at the VR in the rearview than the road ahead. How do I know? Because the baseball cap perched ALL the way back on his head was even more vertical than usual, and he looked like he was going to throw his neck out, craning to look in the rearview.

The clincher was when he then switched to looking in his driver's wing mirror for a back-up; I think he was trying to spot the grille badge to see what flavour of 'rado it was. Since he'd done that, I thought it was rude not to acknowledge a fellow Dubber, so gave him a quick flick of full beam. I got a very swift flash of the hazards in return.

The missus pointed out that he was spending more time looking at the C than the road ahead, rather missing the point I felt, far too sensible a perspective. I was just tickled that he was so keen to ogle my motor.

After passing the speed camera, he booted it for a moment, to see if I'd keep up, which I did (would've been rude not to).

Not far further on, I had to turn off. As I slowed to make my turn, indicating, I gave him another quick flick of the lights and got the hazards in return.

All in all, a really nice moment of mutual appreciation with a fellow Dubber. Put a big smile on my face and prompted very good natured, long suffering patience from the missus, so pretty much what owning a 'rado is all about!

yesterday after work a colleague comented as i blipped the alarm.

"Mmm. A Proper Golf, Bet that goes a bit"

8)

Got a chuftie this morning :D

Was sitting in traffic and a guy in a merc who was next to me mouthed 'nice car' :)

Also had a white van driver do a double take :lol:

I've been driving classic MG's for most of my lifetime (currently MGB V8 roadster), I must say since getting my VR6 Corrado just over a year ago, i'ts been getting nearly as many compliments as the MG, but then it's hardly surprising since it's clearly destined to become another great popular classic like the MGB

Bird in the Petrol station this morning...

Bird - What makes that car then? I know it's a volkswagen...

Me - It's a Corrado

Bird - I thought so, that's really nice, does it have leather?

Me - Yes (thinks please shut-up and swipe my card - I'm well late for work :oops: !)

Had a chat to a bloke coming out of the offie last weekend. Commented that the car was nice and that he used to have a VR. However when i said "USED TO HAVE A VR, did you sell it?" he explained that he parked it in wakefield town centre, while he was at the pub i pressume, because (here this) he said he forgot where he'd parked it and it was probably stolen?

Hmmmmm..... strange.

Also got the thumbs up from a kid (around 14). Looks like even some younger ones appreciate the Corrado, either that or he didnt know what the car was and he just knew it made a mean noise and was sporty looking :lol:

Filled up with fuel at the garage this mornin, the bird at the till says "Ooh they're bringing out a new one of them aint they? (walsall accent) " I've always loved scirocco's, especially red ones."

Tried to explain but it fell on deaf ears... :roll:

Does this count as my 1st chuftie???