I felt quite chuffed this morning, i was at a T-junction in busy morning rush hour waiting to be let out. Then a mini bus full of guys (must of been a football team) turned into the road i was on (slowly) and the driver pointed to my car and then all the guys looked out the windows and were putting their thumbs up :D it certainly cheered me up for another days work!

Rob.

Quality chuftie there: sod women's magazines and their guides for pleasure, I think it should be all about multiple chufties!

First chuftie:

Security guy stops me at the gate of a naval base and starts asking me why i have german plates on the car. Im thinking hes not gonna let me in here because they do get a bit shirty if theres anything illegal on the car. He then informs me its a gorgeous car and that VW should have never stopped making them, happy days!!

Second chuftie:

Car passed its MOT today with no pick ups other than the exhaust is a bit corroded. Perfect excuse for a supersprint system!!

Not really a chuftie but....

I had just parked up outside JJB fitness in Gloucester and was sat in the car listening to Chris Moyles and co finish a little story when a bloke tapped on the window. I assumed it would be a chuftie but it turned out that the guy was the 'From New' owner of the Corrado! He told me he loved the car but was moving house and setting up a family so had to trade it in for a Peugot Saloon, he said he hasn't seen it since. Was quite an interesting chance meeting I thought!!

was washing my car on saturday when my teenage neighbour & all his mates pulled up outside his house in various chav mobiles saxos, 106's & the like. was quite amusing coz they all just sorted stared at my car without saying a word until one chap said ( in a very polite voice it has to be said) " excuse me mister (hate being called mister) don't suppose you want to sell your corrado, it's absolutely lush that?" said thanks but no thanks after all the money i've spent on it. actually got talking to them & they were really canny & quite clued up on corrados, one of their mates had just bought a g60 so not all charvers are clueless f-wits! restored a bit of faith in humanity it did!

funniest thing was one lad said " i'd love a vr6 like yours, its wxnktastic!"

One of the Croydon neighbourhood watch officers stopped me while parking up the VR today. He knocked on the window and gestured me to open it. I did, expecting to be told to move my car as it was a residential area, but instead, he said

"Mate I love your car, what is it? I see it every day and I want it... fancy selling it? How much?"

Finally I got a word in amongst his ramblings and said "cheers for the comments mate, but it isn't for sale".

He looked gutted, so I told him to look on the interweb for a VW Corrado and if he can, get a VR6. He looked happy enough and scurried off to his little hut to log on to Auto Trader.

Chuftie :D

Two of the directors of the company i work for (driving a carrera c4s and an s4) always comment on my car whenever i see them.

Chuftie!

Saturday was a strange day.

First off, got an chuftie for the Audi :shock:

Was filling up, and some bloke in a delivery van crosses the forecourt and starts yapping about 80's, how he's got one, and how good condition mine was in.

Never had that happen in any other car than the C

Then about 2 hours later, I got flashed by someone else who passed me in an estate version! Think I've been "Spotted!" :lol:

Bit off topic I suppose, but it's my ball (thread) and I can always take it in. :p

Girlfriends cousin said, "Like'n the Corrado there mate"

I said "Yeah but it broke down in the middle lane of a set of traffic lights the other day"

He said "but at least you still looked cool!"

:lol:

Second chuftie:

Car passed its MOT today with no pick ups other than the exhaust is a bit corroded. Perfect excuse for a supersprint system!!

Mine went through on Sat with the usual "keep an eye of the front tyres"

When the tester thought the GF was out of earshot he said "love the lowered suspension must keep the missus jiggling?"

To which she shouted across the workshop "Yeah, until they bought out a DD Wonderbra!" He almost fell down the inspection pit! :lol:

good one just now, popped to the local shop and this fella (40ies) comes out and says to me `now that is a proper car, dont ever sell it! then continued to walk round it saying `bloody lovely etc ` `bet it just makes you wanna drive it` points at a brand new 5series which just pulled up and says `knock spots of one of them anyday!! 8)

Filling up at my local B.P., middle aged fella comes over towards the queue as I'm waiting, having picked up his paper. Looks at me, catches my eye, then a propos of nothing, asks "Is it a VR?"

Cue a five minute conversation as he and I both paid then went out to our cars about his history of 'rocco ownership and the nice condition of the VR.

It ended with him taking me through the delights of how much power he can squeeze out of his current ride, about the smooth power and the 44 mpg.

I didn't have the heart after the chuftie to point out to him how much nicer it is to own a 'rado than a Volvo!

Left my car outside my friends shop while i took his car for an MOT. When i got back to his, apparantly some bloke walks in off the street just to ask him about it.

I love my corrado! :D

Filling up at my local B.P., middle aged fella comes over towards the queue as I'm waiting, having picked up his paper. Looks at me, catches my eye, then a propos of nothing, asks "Is it a VR?"

Cue a five minute conversation as he and I both paid then went out to our cars about his history of 'rocco ownership and the nice condition of the VR.

It ended with him taking me through the delights of how much power he can squeeze out of his current ride, about the smooth power and the 44 mpg.

I didn't have the heart after the chuftie to point out to him how much nicer it is to own a 'rado than a Volvo!

One week and one day later, same petrol station, same time of night, same pump, same scenario!

Middle aged fella, filling up his tidy looking A8 saloon, asks me "Is that the old V6 then?".

Cue a gentrified discussion of the speediness of the VR, him throwing in anecdotal reference to his son's Golf Synchro.

I'm going to fill up every time at that point in the weekend at that station!

And the missus is going to stop going with me...

pull up outside a shop and before i've even switched off the engine a guy is at the window asking how much i paid for the car, being generally complimentary... i agree, tell him how much i like it as well etc

he then says: "you can put a ferrari engine in them you know" :rofl:

i coughed back a laugh and told him you could stick a charger/turbo on for a couple of grand and get similar power.. 8)

still, it was nice to have the compliments and if anyone's got a ferrari engine knocking around then i'd love to hear how the conversion goes! :D

LOL!

I love it when people say something really stupid like the Ferrari Engine one, but you're too nice to say "You idiot" :lol: and always say yeah thanks.

Plus, I don't know what to say if someone says "Is it fast?" you don't want to say yes and sound like chav-like, but you don't want to say no either. End up saying "It goes" :-P

At a friend's house in Gloucestershire a year or so back. Friend's stepfather came out of the house to meet us and clapped eyes on the - admittedly freshly polished - C and says "Ah, I remember these...You don't see many around nowadays. You must be a pretty discerning enthusiast". Wife rolled her eyes as I proceeded to show him round the car. The C looked great parked on the gravel out the front of their big family house too. :D

My first real chufties!

Been working at a vw dealer in the cambridge area and thought that whilst I was in there I'd pick up some parts, hopefully with discount, and when the parts manager found out I had a C he was only too happy to help! :mrgreen:

He even came outside to check it over and tell me that he 'remembered them first time round' and how 'they were the successor to the sirocco and he didn't understand why they didn't sell!' 8)

2 today!

someone came into the office to arrange a viewing on a house - i said might be a couple of minutes late as was coming from another viewing. the bloke said jokingly "you'll have to drive quicker" to which i replied that shouldnt be a problem! he asked if it was my VR6 parked outside and i said yes. His response was "nice - always wanted one of them" complimented by a knowing nod of the head.

Second was on a house viewing with another guy - asked me if it was my corrado as he has one that doesnt get used much - VR6 auto tuned by gti engineering apprently 220ish bhp - hes gonna sell so i told him to look on this site!

All in all a good day.

Filling up with petrol earlier a lad in a "max'd" saxo at the pump beside said how good my car looked and how he's saving for a corrado at the moment!

Caught PhilK Looking longily at my Pearl Grey on Saturday, the look on his face was one of "why did I sell mine?"

He didn't even notice the dent in the bonnet! Props Chufties indeed...