Sign in to follow this  
adamukcorrado

silly insurance???

is looking like my much loved 1.8 16v has come to the end of it's life and as income is about to increase been toying with the idea of a vr6! always been with adrian flux as were sh*t loads cheaper than others (£800 instead of some quotes for £2500!!! :shock: ) i'm 24 with 3 or 4 years no claims haven't had any quotes yet (will let you know tomoz tho) heard elsewhere on forum about elephant only increasing quote by £35 between 16v & vr6???? any recomendations for vr6 insurance?? how do running costs compare with vr6's and valvers?

I'm 24 and have 4 yrs no claims and insure my VR6 with all mods declared for £735 full comp.

Brentacre Insurance

01792 650933

Ask for John, and mention THE Corrado Forum for a discount :)

Blimey.. I'm paying about that on my Corrado G60, all mods declared and protected no claims. Same details as Andi too - 24 with 4 years NCD :)

Brentacre are the dons :)

I'm paying £480 for my G60 All Mods declared and the 6 points I have living in the City Centre of Birmingham. I'm 28 with No no claims. But on a limited mileage policy as is my second car. Still no one else was able to beat it. With Chris Knott

brentacre certainly sound realisic, was bit concerned after some of the comedy quotes i'd had when i first got the 16v!! just got to raise the cash a find a tidy vr6 now then, thanks for your help :)

Has anyone actually made a claim with Elephant.

I know they're the same company as Admiral, one of the UK's biggest insurers.

It's just they consistently under quote competitors by hundreds of pounds.

In my case they were £700 cheaper than the competition!

Just wondered if they cover this by offering 50p if your car gets totalled?

£630 with Adrian Flux, unlimited mileage - only mod is an induction kit. Am 26 with 3 (or maybe 4!) years no-claim.

23 on a VR with all mods declared (see sig) with 4 years ncb .... £650.

With Adrian Flux

Dinkus is with Elephant, they seem to be a doing a good job sorting his current situation considering his recent claim before the current one...

With Adrian Flux

Am guessing the Isle of Man's not exactly crime-ridden 8)

Thinking about it Mike, Admiral weren't that much more expensive than Adrian Flux, but to get the premium down from them you have to limit your mileage.

How can these insurers be so much cheaper than the competition? Most quotes you get are laughable.

With Adrian Flux

Am guessing the Isle of Man's not exactly crime-ridden 8)

Yeah, I think that's one of the main reasons. It's classed as one of the lowest risk areas.

Plus I should've mentioned that I have a limited mileage policy - restricted to about 6k a year I think. There's probably people on here that do that in a week! :lol:

not quite a week, but I've already put nearly 6K on my Grey G60 since mid Jan when I picked her up... :|

using http://www.quinn-direct.com/ i got a quote for:

1991 Corrado G60 approx value £3,000.

bear in mind that i'm about to take my driving test in a week or so and chose this as my first car, no previous experience, not been insured on anything else even as named driver and i got:

£987 Fully-comp

£701 TPFT

:)

sounds very good to me!

Just tried Quinn Direct (thanks RooDBwoy!)

They've beaten Elephant by £100 Fully Comp.

Guess they can take pride of place in the pricing competition!

I wouls say get tpo but owning a C the fully comp may well come in handy! maybe we could set up a list of the top 10 insurance companies since it's in all our interests really.

Just had my renewal thru from Chris Knott £339 fully comp, exactly the same as last year. I think I'll give Brentacre a call as they seem to be a favourite at the mo.

Just sorting out my insurance renewal for my VR. Best quote came through http://www.insuresupermarket.com but that was with Bell Direct and I'm already with them. They refused to honour the online quote the b**tards, claiming it was for new customers only. Can they do this?

Next cheapest by far for new business for me was Admiral going via http://www.confused.com , under £280 with protected no claims. Mind you I'm an old git now at 35 with full no claims, garage, low mileage........

Try those websites though, could save you a lot of cash.

Hope this helps.

Brentacre were the cheapest wheni was phoning around but if you go into detail there policies are rubbish. If you write off a modded car you are payed out the market value of a std car and they keep everything. With Adrian Flux and HIC they will give you the cost of a std car + the secondhand value of the mods and you get salvage retention so you get you parts back and you get agreed value on request. Ask Brentacre for agreed value and see the response!!!!. AF and HIC are more expensive but i felt their cover was worth the 10-15% if i ever had to claim, basically because they've agree to pay out more than double what brentacre were prepared too. You get what you pay for with insurance too...

24 with 3 yrs NCB and 1 prang and 1 ban got done by Brentacre for £650.00 not bad considering adrian flux wanted 875.00 for the same insurer

Have just got off the phone with John @ Brentacre and have got myself a very good deal for my insurance!!! Best quote by far 8)

So big thanks to John, better go collect my car from the workshop now :D

Phil K, Got off the phone to John also today and seemed to come away with a good deal. £314 fully comp, protected no claims, legal protection and unlimited mods with a bhp limit and £25 cheaper than Chris Knott.

What's interesting is that over the past three years my premiums have gone down every year and I've done it by quoting my current premium to the new insurer. On the strength of that I'd say where having the wool pulled over our eyes with regard to car insurance.

Anyway thanks go to Andi for recommending Brentacre.

Brentacre have given me the best quote so far, although I'm a little concerned now I've read Lee's remarks. I'll speak to John again before commiting to a new policy.

Brentacre have given me the best quote so far, although I'm a little concerned now I've read Lee's remarks. I'll speak to John again before commiting to a new policy.

Same here.