Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Took off the tired Pagid Grooved front discs and found they were all cratered on the inner pad face :shock:

Fitted nice new Brembo Max discs/Pagid FR's and a new caliper, after stripping & painting the carriers & calipers in Silver caliper paint 8)

Still up on axle stands but should be finished early tomorrow!

cool! by the way do you have any corrado-forum.net stickers available?

Not for a while I'm afraid matey - will be getting more made shortly and should be back in stock by christmas... Will make sure everyone knows as soon as they're available 8)

Replaced the standard solid disks on the Golf with vented ones and appropriate pads. Had to take an angle grinder to one of the old caliper bolts though to get the metal sheath off! Then bled the system to get rid of the air.

Also replaced my side repeaters with smoked ones & changed the oil.

Rocker cover gasket & then glow plugs next.... :-)

Fitted my SWG scuttle cover today. Much swearing, grinding, trimming and the occasional use of double sided 3M tape, but all done now. Looks fab, and well worth the effort....

Had my KW Variant 1's fitted at G-Werks. Woo hoo. Much shinyness and massively improved handling.

How is this thread not stickied yet? :(

Fitted my newly purchased Angel Eyes last night, so I can now magically see in the dark :D

Still have the Scuttle Cover, and DDI Dials to fit, but haven't had the time really

Trial fitted my new wheels Brock B2's (without tyres hence trial fitted :lol:) they look the nuts, cant wait to get paid and get the tyres on them and put them on!!

tidied the engine bay a bit, put silicone hoses on, polished a few bits and painted a bit......

(still a few bits to do)

CIMG1436.jpg

CIMG1442.jpg

tidied the engine bay a bit, put silicone hoses on, polished a few bits and painted a bit......

(still a few bits to do)

CIMG1436.jpg

CIMG1442.jpg

Looks 8)

Nice one

Yesterday: Pulled head off, stripped and cleaned all the bits, checked valve guide clearance and happily don't need to fit new ones even after 110,000 miles :D and started lapping valves in :x

Today: Ordered £380 worth of rebuild bits, cam chains etc, gaskets and clutch.

Tomorrow: Picking up climate control bits as I feel like a real challenge!

I got mine serviced at the dealer today, 200 notes for someone to change the oil, brake fluid and stamp the book, nice one!!

They also took great pleasure in informing me that the centre section of my exhaust is just about knackered to the tune of over £500.

Think it could be time to start reading through the exhaust sticky!!

Bolted the head back on, fitted new timing chains, guides and tensioners. Fitted new clutch and put the gearbox back in. Got all mounting bolted up and the air con compressor installed.

Still trying to figure out the belt run now I have air con, save that for another day as it's bonfire time :)

fitted new ball joints,tie rod ends,wishbones, powerflexed the new wishbones,front anti roll bar,front sub frame and rear beam and new discs and pads all round. just need to get the tracking ect set up when i put the new head,fmic red tops ect back on and get her running again