Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

FYI you can get rechargeable dehumidifiers cheap on ebay - think i paid less than a tenna for 2 ;)

Silica cat litter. Dry out with a microwave after use. Anyway, that seems to have sorted it. Fingers crossed :-)

She'll pass I'm sure. Mine failed last year on not having the drivers door mirror on. Not bad considering the whole door wasn't on either !!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It DID!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: It DID!!!!!!! £55.00 and the job's a good'un!!

yesterday afternoon i replaced the rad temp sender on the VR to try to fix my fans coming on at ignition

it fixed that but then when tested fans didnt seem to come on at stage 1 point

will test in coming days

fixed it be :)

Got my BBM spark plug wires today for the G60, and installation was a snap...except for the coil wire, lol! I went to install that one last, removed the stock coil wire, went to install the BBM wire, and the coil end wouldn't fit...darn MSD coil! So now I have four 8mm red BBM plug wires, and one 7mm gray coil wire...oh well...

Started her up for the weekly warm up. Happily ticked over and got up to temperature. I'll ask Santa for the respray of her. Maybe one day I'll drive her. ...eeec844a7ca1eddcd8386688d35cfe9c.jpg

Torqued all the end caps in, rod and crankshaft... Fitted oil pump and crank end seal... You gotta love aqua blasting f2c06ef382ec08c411440096a2838d5f.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Just changed the seal on my foliage cover - the inlet that sits directly over the heater blower motor. Been getting damp carpet on the passenger side and I suspect this was the root of it. Cleaned out all manner of dead leaves, birds and unidentifiable gunk then slid the cover off as per the wiki article - http://wiki.the-corrado.net/changing_heater_scuttle_foliage_cover_seal.html.

Anyone thinking of doing the same, might like to know that it's quite possible to access the cover without removing the lower windscreen plastic thing, which is worth avoiding as those bits are getting brittle and have often been siliconed in place after someone's destroyed the original clips. It's a little bit fiddly,particularly getting the c-clip thing back on, but pretty straightforward once you've lifted the scuttle rain cover out of the way. I think Jim posted this years ago, but it's worth knowing if you don't want to be wrestling with brittle plastic trim held on with obsolete fasteners that you'll probably break if they're not broken already.

The original foam seal is now over 20 years old and had gone properly brittle and come unstuck in places. You could see where water had been able to get underneath it. The new one - VW Heritage do them - sticks onto the cover and feels reassuringly resilient and, erm, new.

Anyway, fingers crossed that sorts it and I'm back to having a dry and happy Storm. I should probably do the same thing to my Mk2 as well just for peace of mind.

Popped it in for MOT after fitting replacement door handle from Lilfuzzer and walked out with a Pass Many thanks to Lilfuzzer 👍👍

Treated the steering wheel to a refurbishment

Mine was a little tatty, so I ordered some leather cleaner/colourant and sealer. It came with quite simple instructions so I thought I'd give it a go.

I had done some previous research and was considering sending it abroad for a refurbishment which is over £150 and looks great. But cutting costs I thought I'd try this for £12 from ebay.

Hopefully the photos show the original wear .

When cleaned and looking far worse...

3 coats of colourant & looking good

3 layers of semi gloss, result.

My wheel still has a hard patch which perhaps I should have sanded, but for now, I'm happy.

Apologies for so many pictures, but an easy job anyone can doe4883514c66dbf0f98465401a3912afe.jpge4147f77ab90bbc5f240882bcf5e8ee3.jpg1a63ccfbb211907f84f42a905fbcad8e.jpgdbc840f5a6d737c74befa0d1ff119615.jpga3660a516eb269d55ed321ed72d2e25e.jpg91a319109f57b2c34fa996dc6377871e.jpgcdd5ec7025ae2fb6a668aad0eb440ad2.jpg6e949167acb25224a4ff2fd6583c99a6.jpg967af66beb3dde388ce37b3816ceb59e.jpg

Nice job. They were much better quality leather than most modern cars get.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

Picture attached.

I can't seem to share the link to the correct spot via tapatalk.

Delivery takes a while but I was in no rush. I'm sure there are plenty of other suppliers, but this was good enough for me9c8c063db57d4088a64d660ed6ddb98f.jpg

Picture attached.

I can't seem to share the link to the correct spot via tapatalk.

Delivery takes a while but I was in no rush. I'm sure there are plenty of other suppliers, but this was good enough for me9c8c063db57d4088a64d660ed6ddb98f.jpg

Hope it lasts longer than mine did . Mine peeled where you hold the wheel , I did it by the book too .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks ace. I bought one of those refurb kits ages ago and have a spare steering wheel to use it on, but keep failing miserably to actually get around to doing it. Thanks for the unwitting kick up the backside - I'd almost forgotten it existed :oops:

Edit: I did talk to the legendary Jim The Trim in Denton - did the headliner on my Mk2 and totally recommended - about refurbishing a steering wheel and the price was eye watering.

Edited by Mystic Rado

Rorado974, not good mate. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen with this one.

If it were to fail, I may send it away. For now, it certainly is a cheap fix with minimal time spent on each layer during the day.

I took the opportunity to clean the horn connections and remove someone's long hair trapped behind there. Yuk.

Sensitive horn now so that is better.

Not that it drives anywhere 🙁

That looks ace. I bought one of those refurb kits ages ago and have a spare steering wheel to use it on, but keep failing miserably to actually get around to doing it. Thanks for the unwitting kick up the backside - I'd almost forgotten it existed :oops:

Edit: I did talk to the legendary Jim The Trim in Denton - did the headliner on my Mk2 and totally recommended - about refurbishing a steering wheel and the price was eye watering.

Mystic rado, no excuse as you've already got the gear. Good luck mate

Rorado974, not good mate. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen with this one.

If it were to fail, I may send it away. For now, it certainly is a cheap fix with minimal time spent on each layer during the day.

I took the opportunity to clean the horn connections and remove someone's long hair trapped behind there. Yuk.

Sensitive horn now so that is better.

Not that it drives anywhere

I’m going to send mine away bud . It’s not cheap , but I will get it back in show room condition and it will last years . I think the problem with these products is they are water based . Ok so we’ve come along way with water bourne products, but oil based will always be king in my book .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got all the new A/C pipes and hoses installed along with slam panel, lights and grill.

Bumper and grill spoiler on tomorrow and I might put it on the floor........be the first time it resembles a complete car since 2014, as long as you ignore the missing interior! If the rain stops I may even drive it out of the garage for a wash, ten years off the road might be almost at an end?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93199[/ATTACH]

Received these back from Bigg Red yesterday. Hopefully if the weather is kind this weekend I will get them fitted :-)6816ed365414354469001533ff57f4fa.jpgd650cf7af2f93076873355a25ecda2ae.jpg2bf735b7a20067522c6bab213c842edb.jpg02aa3506e7647a9327fcbdade23b9623.jpg300d36d1ca4dc110acf7ec84f8b08cc3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by GazzaG6001
Duplicate photo removal