Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Ok... Started work on removing the under bonnet sound proofing. Glad people said it isn't easy.... Cause it's not! Nothing technical.... Which is good but a lot of elbow grease.... Part done but need beer now so the rest can wait..

fb589e838978fcdc75197c2a433cb818.jpg4c127ca0a38917475eec3afef5886125.jpgd8edcf5aea3dbccc9ae8766a1c352152.jpg52524372c206d4e3b4fa2dca19545803.jpg2d3bf6dc5e3e8fdd9adaf5ebd95c35d6.jpg30eb887dea450e558a75d407670ab020.jpg

Replaced my driver's side electric window regulator - now I don't have to get out of the car at a car parks and security gates anymore! (only been doing that for about a year) :)

Ok... Started work on removing the under bonnet sound proofing. Glad people said it isn't easy.... Cause it's not! Nothing technical.... Which is good but a lot of elbow grease.... Part done but need beer now so the rest can wait..

fb589e838978fcdc75197c2a433cb818.jpg4c127ca0a38917475eec3afef5886125.jpgd8edcf5aea3dbccc9ae8766a1c352152.jpg52524372c206d4e3b4fa2dca19545803.jpg2d3bf6dc5e3e8fdd9adaf5ebd95c35d6.jpg30eb887dea450e558a75d407670ab020.jpg

Oh and gOldf1ng3r.... Thanks for the advice on using the tar remover it's very effective .... I also used a ice scraper instead of credit card... Works really well and does not scratch the paint.

Once I get this clean will try and get the whole under bonnet area cleaned up as much as I can..... Under the grime it looks like it's really clean

do you know if its advised to get longer bolts when adding 5mm spacers? or is the standard ones fine for a spacer that width

Sorry for the late reply I used the original bolts but my car is not a daily driver I did race it at Santa Pod on Sunday with no issues.

me and my lovely bf have been like busy little bees this last few weeks, spending hours treating my girl and pampering her, shes a beautiful lady anyway but OMG she looks truly stunning with the whole treatment from autoglym and the interior is as stunning as the exterior, my bf lovingly recond the steering wheel and gear knob and they now look like they did 20 yrs ago, she also had her headlining professionally fitted on weds this week and wow what a difference, i hadnt realised how awful she looked without it!!! shame on u emma :shrug:!! whilst we have been working away i have had several people stop and comment how stunnig she is, which apart from making me smile, makes me think its all been worth it to get her ready to put in the spotlight when i sell her.

few more bits to do and i promise you, you will be able to eat your dinner of my engine bay after this weekend :dance:

i will get my bf to put up some pics

me and my lovely bf have been like busy little bees this last few weeks, spending hours treating my girl and pampering her, shes a beautiful lady anyway but OMG she looks truly stunning with the whole treatment from autoglym and the interior is as stunning as the exterior, my bf lovingly recond the steering wheel and gear knob and they now look like they did 20 yrs ago, she also had her headlining professionally fitted on weds this week and wow what a difference, i hadnt realised how awful she looked without it!!! shame on u emma :shrug:!! whilst we have been working away i have had several people stop and comment how stunnig she is, which apart from making me smile, makes me think its all been worth it to get her ready to put in the spotlight when i sell her.

few more bits to do and i promise you, you will be able to eat your dinner of my engine bay after this weekend :dance:

i will get my bf to put up some pics

indeed! hope this sun is shining on the weekend for the finishing touches we have in mind :D

Drove mine to work today, first time in about 18months

tidy. I bet that was a satisfying journey wasn't it Jim? :)

Drove mine to work today, first time in about 18months

Will miss your updates Jim....you will have to get another project on the go

indeed! hope this sun is shining on the weekend for the finishing touches we have in mind :D

You need to get it up for sale asap, winter (and Xmas) is fast approaching and it will be difficult to sell what is seen by most as a summer car.

GLWS:)

how big was your smile jim?:cheers:

I do love it, but having to take it slow and not go over 3500rpm at the moment, so having to resist temptation. It just starts to growl and i have to change gear.

Will miss your updates Jim....you will have to get another project on the go

Well, after seeing the wheeler dealers episode i might buy the sub £2k corrados, do a bit of soldering and change an oil cooler and sell them on for £4k :lol:

• Like 1

My C just went in for her first MOT under my ownership - Passed with no advisories! Whoooopp!

My C just went in for her first MOT under my ownership - Passed with no advisories! Whoooopp!

excellent news chuggs - good girl's they are :)

excellent news chuggs - good girl's they are :)

Thanks.... They are indeed.... Very happy.

Must of been that bonnet foam:) what happend about the flashing abs thought you had a problem

Must of been that bonnet foam:) what happend about the flashing abs thought you had a problem

im guessing she behaved & made the light stay off just for the test ;) lol

im guessing she behaved & made the light stay off just for the test ;) lol

Haven't got the new foam on yet - this weekends job.

Not a peep from the ABS light for a few days now (thankfully) - will get a code reader on it soon and see what the cause is when it happens next.