jboyslick

R32 BACK AT LAST!

Yes ive had it sound proofed with the t5 stuff just to take the road noise and r32 grunt away a bit

Ideally I want to eradicate all squeaks and rattles now but that will no doubt be a very time consuming exercise....

Off to see some bloke in Bridgwater who apparently can help with 4wd it; this has to be the way to go now

decent tbh it runs really well

previously i had a bit of a jump in 2nd which was a pain especially in traffic or at low speeds as you had to kind of drive through it

much better now though, gear box is a bit long tbh, if i had my choice again would got for a shorter box to make shifting a bit easier

getting the golf serviced too atm so may well try and either get the 4wd done right away or store it again for a while.... loathed to sell it but its almost too good to drive daily!!

I haven't been as yet, on the basis of the last few days thou it 100% needs the 4wd there is too much torque going through the front wheels and its wheelspinning especially when its wet!!

The thing with the 24v is it produced a lot more torque low down in the rev range. Look into the racelogic traction control or some stickier tyres before considering 4wd.

Very nice! are the rear windows tinited? any more details on the soundproofing? very intersted in that, my lightweight fast as possible days are well behind me and I want a quiet cruzer now ;)

Hi there, i have just stumbled onto this thread not having had a VR6 for 6 years (and yes i am counting the days.....). OK well when i lived in Spain my best pal Carlos was doing a 4WD conversion using Passat syncro 'gear'. He has been on this fine forum probably under the guise of Carlos 'Flare' or if not look up the Spainsh forum http://www.clubcorrado.com and the thread was called 'en que lio me he metido' (what a mess i have put myself into! By the way his English is absolutely perfect and while the thread is in Spanish the photos aren't! Hope this helps!!

yes ive had it tinted all round but only a very light tint, sound proofing is good you can buy it online and do it yourself. i had a guy do it for me with the same stuff that they use on camper vans. Only thing is it did produce a few more rattles than i had before by taking it apart & putting everything back again. Theyve settled down now but i still have more rattles than i would like. still needs boost control or 4wd in my opinion as too much going through the front wheels

Ok great thanks for this. its definately the way i want to go with the car now after having had an s3 for the last year or so. It seems the logical way to go

Dont suppose you have any pictures of the soundproofing do you? I've bought closed cell foam and silent coat self adhesive mats but dont want to over do it in places that arent needed ;)

Dont suppose you have any pictures of the soundproofing do you? I've bought closed cell foam and silent coat self adhesive mats but dont want to over do it in places that arent needed ;)

interesting - i have the silent coat 2mm door packs on my 'to buy' list - i'd be interested to know how you get on with it

Back on the road again.... New mot road tax and service

Two new TYRES and a radiator fan switch which has the car running sweet as a nut now!

Bit cold and icy this morning though!aba99bbaaacaa3371a77daef128f511c.jpgdfc3e6d28e8daabd775c9be0e8c21910.jpge6d6d47926d6cc2c8841f328d203a37c.jpg

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Damn that engine looks good. Enjoy driving her for the next year

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nice motor, is it aqua blue?

no im pretty sure its dark blue metallic the colour, the light aint the best in the last pic but go back a few pages and you will get a better idea