Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

I've been rear ended - REPAIRED

Heading into work today, stood at traffic lights, whack!!

Just bumper damage looking at it, no damage in the boot but probably won't know for sure until it's looked at.

The bloke who hit me was driving a White Ford Fiesta company van but insisted he wanted to pay for it himself. Yeah we'll see after I get a quote today.

Anyway if you live in Kidderminster keep clear cus he's a crap driver.

Dave

bugger, sorry to hear that mate... fingers crossed it's just a bumper! Hope it all gets sorted quickly for you :)

Sorry to hear that mate. Nightmare scenario. :cry:

insisted he wanted to pay for it himself

Suppose this bloke's gonna get a sharp introduction to the cost of Corrado body parts soon then?

bad luck mate :( same happened to me a few weeks ago and i have only just got it sorted

if its gonna need a new bumper it will cost £414.75 +vat because i just had a new one fitted, plus painting, so if he really wants to pay for it himself he might be a bit shocked :lol:

It's not too bad but it's happened, that's what pees me off.

I'm puzzled as to why he has offered to pay for it himself when his company insurance will cover it. My guess is he could be on a final warning from his company or he's got something else he'd like to keep hidden.

I'm at the body shop today at 3 so he'll know tonight how deep his pockets need to be.

is it possible he owns the company and does't want his premiun to increase ?

could he have been using the van out of hours and therefore may not be insured?

the guy at the bodyshop i used said he could have probably repaired my old bumper and could have had the side bracket plastic welded back on but i said i wanted to be in the same possition as before the accident with an intact bumper, it worked out quite well for me as there where a few small scuffs and chips that got done at the same time as well as my number plate panel being colour coded

bad luck mate :( same happened to me a few weeks ago and i have only just got it sorted

if its gonna need a new bumper it will cost £414.75 +vat because i just had a new one fitted, plus painting, so if he really wants to pay for it himself he might be a bit shocked :lol:

Yeah, your right, £414 for the bumper plus paint, labour etc. Just got the quote this afternoon. The bumper is really not bad, just a few paint scraps but it has been pushed against the body so the reinforcing plate inside maybe distorted. I got another quote to remove the plate, straighten, refit & repaint £337. I called him and left a message but surprise surprise he hasn't returned my call, after all he did want to pay it himself. Can't say I didn't give him a chance.

Oh well, his company insurance will have to deal with it now.

He justed called me and thought it was very steep just to have a couple of scratches sorted. I explained the bumper had pushed up against the bodywork and that it had become distorted, needed to be removed repaired and repainted.

He even had the nerve to say the scratches could have been there already :shock: , for f*&k sake he rammed the rear of my car and the bumper was spotless before.

He finally agreed that it will have to go thru the insurance but felt he had to inform the insurance company that the damage was only on the surface and they would send an assessor to have a look at it. So what, that's what insurance companies are for.

I personally think he has something to hide.

What a dick :mad:

screw them for everything you can, insist that the bumper needs replacing as the brace comes with the bumper, he has no way of knowing what damage was caused underneath the bumper and straightening the old one will leave it weaker and more prone to corrosion

go through the ins mate , feck him off , he bumps your car then comes on with that attitude

the scratches were there already !!! how would he know ?? he couldnt even see the rear of your car !!

ps. ""I've been rear ended"" - this would be better - " my car was rear ended" really :oops:

GIXXERUK, I'd like to make VERY clear that I have not been rear ended but my car has :lol:

The ball will be rolling with the insurance this morning.

Thanks for the comments and support.

Dave, i'll back you up to say that they werent there, cos i have seen your car.

Defo take this through the insurance.

DEL VR6, cheers mate. It will be going thru the insurance.

My brother knows the bodyshop manager very well (used to work with him) at the garage I will be taking the car to so I should be able to get my dings and scratches sorted too.

Good good, always best in this sort of accident as hidden damage can appear later and you'll be covered for it...

example - Mate got rear ended in mk3 Golf, got a cheque from the person after various quotes and as he had the cash, decided to buy a bumper (correct colour) from scrapyard for £30 and touch up the very slight scratch where it had rubbed the bodywork.... Job done...

.... so with his £200 profit he purchases an iPod, 2 months later the central locking fails and VW charge £170+vat to diagnose and fix with a note on the bill to say the connections had gone rusty and water was still leaking where the underseal on the back panel was cracked and to get it fixed asap unless he wants to buy a new C/L pump every 3 months...

Ok, car is booked in Tuesday 10th and hopefully should get the dinks and scratches done too.

Good news is I'm dealing direct with the 'at fault party' insurance company and they've admitted liability, authorised repairs and arranged courtesy car........nice.

Hang on - an insurance comapny that does what they're supposed to in the event of a claim...?! Something's amiss here... ;)

Glad to hear it's all getting sorted in your favour though mate...

Just got the car back from the bodyshop today.....................wow absolutely excellent job.........well happy. They even blacked out the tyres before I picked it up. It helped with my Bro being a friend of the bodyshop manager.

Whilst it was in for the bumper I had the sides painted too as I had a keyed scratch the length of the passenger door and some big dents on the quarter panel crease amongst numerous other imperfections.

Apart from the cracked fogs (Dinkus is saving them for me) the car is in near perfect condition outside and just as good inside. Would love it see it on a show stand sometime.

The body and the suspension set-up were the two things that really bugged me with the car and I've had them both done in the last two weeks. Needless to say I'm well & truely skint.....but happy.