dinkus

Recommended Alarm fitters

Andy at at Trim Wizard top fella for the job can't recommend any other more highly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your in the Stoke-on-Trent area then I would recommend Nick and Simon from NS auto security Top lads and good professional workmanship

Just had Andy from Trimwizard fit a keyless entry system to my car and am pleased with the result - no more having to clamber through the boot (ah the joys of delocked doors and 'missing' Clifforf alarm).

Hmm I wonder if he fitted it properly, or used the existing alarm wiring (meaning some of the features wont work)

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?58829-Cobra-4138-Cat-1

Joe, if you feel he didn't carry out the job to your expectation, have you been in contact with him to discuss your concerns?

Joe, if you feel he didn't carry out the job to your expectation, have you been in contact with him to discuss your concerns?

I've not had a chance to try out the reprogramming feature of the alarm, but I did ask him a few times when he was fitting it about enabling the auto-closure (which previously worked), and he kept saying the new one didn't have it, and it was a safety feature to stop people trapping their hands in the window..

When I eventually do try to enable the auto closure, I'll give him a ring if it's not working.

If your in the Stoke-on-Trent area then I would recommend Nick and Simon from NS auto security Top lads and good professional workmanship

Hi there - do you have any contact info for these guys? Cheers

Pete

Another big shout for Andy at Trim Wizard, Cobra alarm and immombiser fitted. Really nice bloke, who as stated knows his Corrado's, really pleased with the fitment and service

Thanks Andy

Hi VR6Pete sorry I have tried to find you a contact number for them but have found nothing yet.

---------- Post added at 3:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:17 PM ----------

Company is called ns installations contact numbers are :- 01728 751083 or Mob 07976 659483

where do people place the ultra sonics that come with the Cobra alarm? My clifford is going a bit wonky at the mo so im looking at changing it out.... cheers

I've got mine halfway up the A trim,I had them put there,to cover the existing holes !

Andy(trim wizard) told me he usually puts them at the top of the A trim,in the roof lining,this is why the sensors are that colour ! (I painted mine)

Just had a certified cat 1 toad system fitted by Coventry in-car services (cov ics) based at shilton industrial estate. Good price & workmanship. He's a vw fan too.

Currently sitting in the waiting room of Coventry In Car Services following Louis's recommendation in this thread.

John took one look at the botch job on my Toad ai606 and went off on one. The folk who fitted mine should be ashamed.

They hacked into the wiring for the old Scorpion alarm and reused the bonnet switch. They also didn't bother trimming the loom to fit, just cabletied it up and stuck it behind my dash.

John is on it now. But it's gonna take a while. He certainly knows his apples from his pears. Will post later how we got on.

Edited by MikeVR6

Currently sitting in the waiting room of Coventry In Car Services following Louis's recommendation in this thread.

John took one look at the botch job on my Toad ai606 and went off on one. The folk who fitted mine (ICEMAN in Bangor N.I.) should be ashamed and will be receiving a call from Toad whom they are an approved fitter for.

They hacked into the wiring for the old Scorpion alarm and reused the bonnet switch. They also didn't bother trimming the loom to fit, just cabletied it up and stuck it behind my dash.

John is on it now. But it's gonna take a while. He certainly knows his apples from his pears. Will post later how we got on.

Good luck mate

Well. 7 hours later we were finally done. Not only did John sort out the Alarm. He rewired a whole bunch of stuff around the fusebox which looked unsafe. He didn't mind me watching and asking questions. In fact he is a very talkative chap!

How good is his work? - Honestly never seen better. His attention to detail, he even uses fabric tape to wrap up the wiring, is amazing.

Service? - Cups of tea on demand. Use of his wifi and he let me borrow his car to nip out for a bite too.

So thumbs up, hats off and chocks away to Coventry Classic Mini's. Never had a better experience as a "customer".

Edited by MikeVR6

Yet another big shout for Andy at Trim Wizard, Cobra alarm and immombiser fitted.

Really nice bloke, who as stated knows his Corrado's, really pleased with the fitment and service. I can't recommend highly enough worth the travel down to get Job done.

Thanks Andy

John from Covics has come to my rescue again. The old Sigma alarm on my Mk3 Golf GTi recently went haywire and stopped me from disarming the system at all. He came to my house yesterday to bypass the alarm so I can use the car, it's booked in next week to have a new Toad system fitted.

John from Covics has come to my rescue again. The old Sigma alarm on my Mk3 Golf GTi recently went haywire and stopped me from disarming the system at all. He came to my house yesterday to bypass the alarm so I can use the car, it's booked in next week to have a new Toad system fitted.

Mine is there right now whilst John rips out the 1998 VW fitted system and replaces it with a Toad one - Hopefully on my way home again in the next hour or so.

Ian.

Edited by GlosterOx

Yes Mike, no problems at all - John commented how tidy all the existing wiring was and demonstrated it fully (it's loud, watch out neighbours!) and then made my way home at a leisurely pace. Made it an economy run on the way back (60-65MPH) and this is what the MFA showed:

Ian.

Yes Mike, no problems at all - John commented how tidy all the existing wiring was and demonstrated it fully (it's loud, watch out neighbours!) and then made my way home at a leisurely pace. Made it an economy run on the way back (60-65MPH) and this is what the MFA showed:

Ian.

Another satisfied customer then :) Do you have fancy dash lights or is it just the photo?