dinkus

Recommended Alarm fitters

If you've had a good fitter then post their details up in here to make it easy for other people to find good places.

Please keep this on-topic, because I will delete banter :)

Note that any recommendations made in this thread are those of the individual poster, not the CF as a whole.

While we will remove posts or recommended fitters that have been proven to be bad, CF is a public forum and always use your own discretion when hiring anybody to work on your car (or house, or body, or... )

So we're not liable, don't sue us :)

Huet Car Audio based in Hove, West Sussex-

All staff are very knowledgable and there's not a chav in sight. They stock all BBG distribution products (JL, Phoenix etc) and have a good relationship with JL especially. I went to a forum hosted by Huets with the marketing manager from JL who flew over from Miramar, Florida! I've spend £000's with them now and they really know how to look after their customers. Also, they are approved by the http://www.vsib.co.uk/

whereas GAP "cough w@nkers cough" are not so you can be assured top quality fitting. They've done loads of magazine feature cars, including the Corrado Max Power feature car from a few years ago.

Tel: 01273 735700 / 747721

Web: http://www.huetcaraudio.co.uk/

Source Sounds&Security

Based in Chapletown, Sheffield

1 of if not the best there is Honestly

Basically as Huets, customer care second to none, top quality ICE but still any system done to your budget.

Their moto 'Mild To Wild Creations'

If any1 has heard of Installer Challenge Paul the owner was the captain of the team that beat the Americans at their own game last year, just proves their worthiness!

Tel.01142 571550

Manchester Car Audio

I have used them for all my ICE and alarm work and they are reliable honest guys and good value too. VSIB approved too.

On the A6 in south Mcr.

0161 225 2222

Audiolectrics in Macclesfield have done some good alarm installs on my cars... Ripping out old dead alarms, restoring the wiring and then installing new CAT1 alarms...

I wouldn't class them as the cheapest, but they do a good job and I've never had any problems with what they install... 8)

Compact Car Audio in Aylesbury are very professional.

They are on Edison road on the Rabans Lane ind. est.

Never had a problem with the Cliffords they have installed for me

Had my old alarm removed and the Sigma fitted very neatly by Ian Bannnings in Guildford... all for a very good price! They're just down the road from Guildford train station so you could drop car there AM and train to work for the day to get back to a fully belled up C 8)

Ask for Martin if you call in and say his second cousin sent you (me) he should do you a good deal :D

EDIT: Looked up their number - 01483 301500

I just had a new Autowatch alarm fitted the The Sound Gallery in High Wycombe. Friendly, helpful people who seem genuinley interested in you and your car not just your money. Very happy with the quality of work. Also replaced some dash screws which went missing over time!!

Also do ICE work if you so require.

Anyone wanting an alarm fitted in the Southern area of the Village you cant go wrong with.......urrrrm....i cant remember their name, but they're excellent. Theyre from Caerphilly but they come and fit the alarm outside your house / on your driveway and they've come to me twice in Barry so they cover a pretty good distance.... I originaly got their number from the freeads paper over a year ago and they were still advertising in there last week when i had the same alarm fitted perfectly again to my new car. It took them around 2 hours to remove the shoddy Clifford and fit the Autowatch for the princly sum of £230.....cant say fairer than that.

they have two numbers: 0800 78 35 31 7

07968 82 12 23

They are called 'First alert' based in Caerphilly. They did all good job on my old Golf, just waiting to get the rado done now.

Anyone wanting an alarm fitted in the Southern area of the Village you cant go wrong with.......urrrrm....i cant remember their name, but they're excellent. Theyre from Caerphilly but they come and fit the alarm outside your house / on your driveway and they've come to me twice in Barry so they cover a pretty good distance.... I originaly got their number from the freeads paper over a year ago and they were still advertising in there last week when i had the same alarm fitted perfectly again to my new car. It took them around 2 hours to remove the shoddy Clifford and fit the Autowatch for the princly sum of £230.....cant say fairer than that.

they have two numbers: 0800 78 35 31 7

07968 82 12 23

They are called 'First alert' based in Caerphilly. They did all good job on my old Golf, just waiting to get the rado done now.

any idea if they come out as far west in the village as Swansea? :lol:

cheers,

Not sure if they got to 'Jack' land (JOKE) :-). :lol:

:lol: :lol:

im a Turk actually mate :wink:

and yes they do come over this far! its being fitted as i type! 8)

Alex

Only joking dude :-). Let me know how you get on as i'm going to get mine done by them.

well its all fitted and working great!

took him a while tho! :lol: :lol:

Hopefully he has done a good job then. Difficult to do a cat 1 in less than 4 hours without cutting corners somewhere.

Gavin

Hopefully he has done a good job then. Difficult to do a cat 1 in less than 4 hours without cutting corners somewhere.

Gavin

Gavin,

he as about 4 & 1/2 hours so sounsd about right then

i went for the TOAD Ai606

it does full closuer as well so if you have lecetric windows and sunroof then the button will do the lot with one press!

I hope he didn't take extra money off you for that Alex. They all do full closure, you just extend the locking pulse to 40 seconds in the software.

Gavin

How does that work with the early rados then Gav as the sunroof does not close when you hold the key in the lock position like the windows?