A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

Lee, awsome car! I came in work at 6am today (I usually don't get here till lunch time) to get some work done and I ended up pretty much reading all 54 pages about your car and saved all the exterior pictures.

You've inspired me, the car is a credit to you - I love it.

I have looked at every page then went back again to show people the interior this car is amazing. I am doing the same seats in my car but cream leather with the dash as well. I was planning on doing the seat before I saw them in you car and when I saw them in your car that made it final for me, but I'm gonna keep the Recaro stitching and get it in Dark brown.

Awesome car man :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:

Lee, awsome car! I came in work at 6am today (I usually don't get here till lunch time) to get some work done and I ended up pretty much reading all 54 pages about your car and saved all the exterior pictures.

You've inspired me, the car is a credit to you - I love it.

thanks vr6x, happy i've inspired but please don't blame me when you've spent all you time and money on it and your girlfriends giving you grief :lol:

I have looked at every page then went back again to show people the interior this car is amazing. I am doing the same seats in my car but cream leather with the dash as well. I was planning on doing the seat before I saw them in you car and when I saw them in your car that made it final for me, but I'm gonna keep the Recaro stitching and get it in Dark brown.

Awesome car man :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:

thanks, love you car as you know. Great colour and the styling is perfect, think you'll kick start the sale of brocks again as they look so fresh on your car with that stance. Really shows that splitrims aren't always best. Keep the pictures coming!!!!

Really shows that splitrims aren't always best.

I'm planning on some S2's with a black center, or Some 15" RS's if I can find RS's for a good price. The worst thing about being over here is getting nice rims so much money like $600.00 canadian just for shipping.

Really shows that splitrims aren't always best.

I'm planning on some S2's with a black center, or Some 15" RS's if I can find RS's for a good price. The worst thing about being over here is getting nice rims so much money like $600.00 canadian just for shipping.

check out the attached pic of RS's on a goldy colour C with gold centre. Got a better pic somewhere, i'll post it when i find it. Still reckon your rims are perfect.

Also few misc pic's. One of the new wishbones which are seam welded from the factory, that will save me some time. Started to strip them to bare metal, haven't fully decided how i'm going to detail them. Options are thick black(not really good enough for show i think), silver or met grey powder coat, chrome + clear powdercoat or body colour....need more time to think about it. Couple of night time pics too till i get the chance to take some decent pics before the weather turns nasty.

Yeah I have pics of that Rado it's one of my fav's , I think those are porsche or BMW 16's I want the mk2 golf 15's there my favorite rims.

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/item13262.ctlg

have a look see...

about 600 UKP but worth it for both axles with uprated CV joints.

:shock: :shock: Bloody expensive but i've soo got to have them.... Hmmm what can i sell :lol:

driveshafts.jpg

i would sell a lot for them... they are sexy

I've practically got another corrado in parts! Think i'll start ebay'ing big time so i can treat myself.

Just started on this but here's pics of my first hour on the job. Going to try to get an hour a day on it, read in the golf that steve whitfords took 60 hours so don't expect updates everyday! :lol:

So far i've tried to get as much staining out of the box as i can with alloy wheel cleaner. Current stage is sanding to get most of the pitting out of the casing then i can start on the flat sanding. Really surprised by the quality of the casing, much better quality than an inlet manifold!!

funny i was thinking of chroming mine only this weekend :D

whilst its out of the car i been cleaning it up and a day or later it corroding alredy

please tell me you'r eputting a quaife/peloquin in there? because if the diff ever blows you'll only be doing all this again!

A20 LEE, your car is proper mint mate 8)

have you got any idea how much she stands you at upto press?

thanks mate,

i've got a rough idea of cost but its not really about that. Its a hobby and i enjoy doing it. I've built my car bit by bit over 6 years so i've probably saved money by not change cars every couple of years.

please tell me you'r eputting a quaife/peloquin in there? because if the diff ever blows you'll only be doing all this again!

Definately going for a diff, which is best? Heard that the peloguin is cheaper and you get a warranty but the quaife comes with no warranty.

Dam nA20 LEE, can it get any better?!?! :lol:

( Oh and do you like my avvy, it's your car, which I done lol)

:lol: Liking the one in you sig. Boxster mirrors??

You sir are insane!!!! can i make your life easy?

http://www.brite-works.com (its something like that) polishing kits no sanding needed and they have detail kits you can use on a drill or dremmel

Thanks Russ, I know what a short runner is now BTW :lol:

One week into the polishing, about 8-10hrs at a guess and its starting to shine also thinking about grinding out the rib along the top of the box next to the shiny bit, don't think i serves any strengthening function. This isn't a job i'm ever going to do again but think its going to look the biz and worth it in the end. More pics in a week...