Kevin Bacon

Show us your drops

hes been to g-werks and is doing a refurb on the wheels,,, hmm i think i kno exactly what you are planning and they will look awesome on a white rado too :p :mrgreen:

Ok, as requested, ONE side on shot and some measurements.

Weitec Hicon TX coilovers. 17in rims.

Dscf5547.jpg

Front:

Hub centre to arch - 290mm

Ground to arch - 572mm

Rear:

Hub centre to arch - 280mm

Ground to arch - 565mm

Sump to ground clearance 75mm

**this thread could do with a clean up as it would be good reference if it just had pics of drops and measurements (it aint hard to get a tape measure)**

it aint hard to get a tape measure

its quite tricky with the subframe 55mm off the ground

I have a question, when i get my vr i will want to drop it as i have some nice brock wheels lined up for it. However i want quite a practical drop but that will still look good on wide wheels. I was thinking a 40mm drop on springs and shocks as i cant afford coilies. But whats the difference with the older vr's and the newer 4x4 vr's? Is the 40mm drop for the older style or the new 4x4 style? Also i remember someone saying about cutting bump stops, whats that about then? Thanks.

Rob.

rob i have no idea of the difference between the newer and older VR's but here is my drop on uprated shocks and 40mm lowering springs. i will have to do measurements in a few weeks as im on my hols at the moment! so the car is 3,500 miles away!

front before:

15072006315.jpg

front after:

15072006318.jpg

whole car:

16072006326.jpg

Thanks mate :) that looks a nice drop, not too low but i think once i get some 9x16's on it should sit nicely. How do you find it for everyday driving?

Anyone else know about the difference between the older and newer vr's suspension wise? Thanks.

Rob

Ok just been out and meausred, lower than I thought.

Riding on Koni TA's with H&R springs, JOM lowering caps on the front and rear circlip set to lowest level on nearside and one up from lowest offside.

Front: 59.7cm

Rear 61.5cm

Springs have been fitted 8 months, shame I didn't do a measurement when they first went on...

whilst were on this subject.. how many cms should a standard corrado 1.8 16v sit from the floor using the measuring mentioned above?

this is my drop on 9x16's using avo coilovers. i use this everyday. well untill friday when i took the engine out. :lol:

kevHaywire,

Nice car.

I have just aquired a 95 aqua blue 2.0 16v. I need to sort out the stance, but first I need to help fill the gap in the arches, what are the wheels and tyres sizes in pic 3 looks the dogs bo**cks

not a clue what the heights are, but its on fk sport coilovers

scrapes like a mother on bumps and full lock

4a29_1.JPG

kevHaywire,

Nice car.

I have just aquired a 95 aqua blue 2.0 16v. I need to sort out the stance, but first I need to help fill the gap in the arches, what are the wheels and tyres sizes in pic 3 looks the dogs bo**cks

Hmmm, sorry mate, I haven't looked at this thread for ages!!

They are BBX RX 7.5x17 with 205/40/17 tyres chap and cheers 8) Defo my favourite look of my car to date, but things have moved on a lot since then and the eye candy had to go :(

Settled at 580mm front and 590mm rear, rides great catches splitter and cat on sharp short inclines but apart from that its fine, gets on Ferrys OK too!

IMG_7922.jpg

Settled at 580mm front and 590mm rear, rides great catches splitter and cat on sharp short inclines but apart from that its fine, gets on Ferrys OK too!

God thats an Awesome shot 8) next year im sorting mine out.

Is it just me but do all C owners change their alloys like i change my pants??

Which, before anybody replies, is longer than 5 mins but less than 6 months!!!

:gag:

I love my new coilovers. :D

I drive this every day like this. Dont like speed humps though.

Got kw v1's very nice no rubbing and not a bone rattling ride either.

All right, I want rid of my 4x4 look, but dont want to scuff the floor. Kev, how come you drop of about 60 looks so ideal? The fella who sold me my current C told me it was a 40 drop; however as per my gallery, you can see the front wheel dissapeared into the arch - possibly a much lower drop you'd say? The front wheel also used to look too inward, as if the offset was wrong.

G-man is doing some H&R springs for £180ish to give a 30mm drop. Prefer to spend less. Seeing this thread, a bigger drop looks feasible, so he's got Weitec coming out at £90 for a kit at 40mm drop.

Will keep looking in this thread for a 40mm example.

IMG_7922.jpg

WHY oh why did you ever sell that!

here are my before: h&r race springs/koni yellows

DSCN4176.jpg

~1.5 hours(thank god for the shop and tools) later on patec holeshot coilovers

DSCN4191.jpg

DSCN4196.jpg

:wink:

-vic