Kevin Bacon

Show us your drops

this is my drop on 9x16's using avo coilovers. i use this everyday. well untill friday when i took the engine out. :lol:

nice...

looks well weapon

couple of pics of before and after getting my fk highsports, still have more of a drop to go but waiting on rims coming from dubmeister

resize.jpg

16052007009.jpg

16052007010.jpg

First fitting coilovers, tadd too lower, couldn't get off my drive!

n518442971_68661_2870.jpg

so then raised it, still catches everywhere!

n518442971_68663_2815.jpg

n518442971_68664_3625.jpg

Hi people, I just bought my second Corrado, a 2.0 16v dark blue met(Twilight?) on an Mreg with -5000mls, sorry 95000mls(I keep telling myself corrados didn't leave the factory with 100k on the clock) Its a nice honest car with 17" MOMO's and there's some Koni suspension bolted on underneath. Here's the dilemma!!!:

The car doesn't sit level! Its up at the front....just a tad, but enough to annoy me. I only noticed it after I got it home( the guys drive was on a slope you see!)

Because my old 1.8 16v was really low, I dunno which set of springs to order. I've looked in this post and have an idea of how I'd like the car to sit but can't equate in terms of -40mm, -60mm, or -80mm. The fact that the car is already equipped with the adj koni's is holdin me back from buying coilovers although I know I could tailor the ride height accordingly(and I'd like to keep my money for 16" alloys n tyres) Anyway, long story cut short; in the cars in the post, how many mm's down are they?

Much appreciated

Simon

PS are the £215 coilovers any decent on eBay? Some are ISO9001 and TUV which is good.

SCRAP THAT! obviously working on a Vauxhall Vectra all day has turned me into a bit of a 'tard :lol: for some reason unknown I forgot to look beyond the 1st page at the other 3million pictures. Sorry folks. I'll put some photo's of mine up so thet people can see what happens when an assortment of springs are used. My old 16v has 15" Borbet's and was down about 60mm(going by the pictures here) and only scraped the plastic chin on speedbumps. I'll chase it up(my friend owns it now) and stick photo's up.

Cheers people!

Simon (Doh!)

I've been planning on lowering mine 40mm front & rear but after reading this thread, am i right in thinking that standard ride height shoud be around 67cm from ground to highest part of the wheel arch....if thats the case i'be just measured mine as 65.5cm rear & 62.5cm front, could mine be lowered already???? I always presumed mine was standard, what you reckon....

Cheers Andy

That looks standard to me, the slight difference is probably age, get it decked!!!

Ha Ha why the hell not, me backs shot anyway so i might aswell completely knack me knees up aswell.....don't you just love gettin older :lol:

That looks standard to me, the slight difference is probably age, get it decked!!!

Top advice. :) My squish kit will be in the post next week, then some Inovit CTS's the fortnight after that. Here's a question, anyone know a good trustworthy garage in Basingstoke? My regular is in the lake district (home) and I don't fancy a 300+ mile journey just to get some parts fitted. On t'other hand, I don't want a cowboy unleashing his/her magic on my beloved...

hasnt stopped Lee, for example

the majority of the vr owners are wimps? that must be it!

just have not got bottom less pockets mate and we have lower sumps :)

Ok, here's mine. It's been lowered on a set of Weitec coilovers. Unfortunately i was in such a rush to get them on i forgot to measure the stock height so i can't say how much it's been lowered.

The wheels are ASA AR1 17"x8J offset 38. Black powdercoated with polished front.

Stock

Original2.jpg

Not stock

Newwheels6.jpg

Newwheels1.jpg

Newwheels3.jpg

VRon17s.jpg

Clearance issues, d'oh!

Newwheels8.jpg

I can't go any lower due to the coilies fouling on the drive shaft boots, i guess this will have to do.

Hope you like.

Sits quite nice I feel, but it does rub slightly when i turn left, mainly at low speeds. Not had much experience with aftermarket lowered suspension, how can i get around this??

8) This is one of the nicest Corrado`s i have Ever seen! superb looking car dude

slammedredrado.jpg

just thought id show you mine.

easy bro... looks sick.. you got it all sorted now??

So does anyone know the difference between Suspension kits and Coil over kits?

Suspension kits being the ones where you'll have a very close to the standard shock absorber and a shorter spring (some of them adjustable)

And the Coil over kit being completely different from the standard.

I'm trying to decide which to buy.

I know you can adjust a coil over much more than a Suspension kit. But will a coil over kit affect my ride comfort allot, compared to the suspension kit?

I would like to drop my C VR6 95 about 40mm for the looks and improved handling. but I don't want to jeopardize the ride comfort to much.

Feed me some info so i can get out of this annoying stage of indecisiveness and go out and get it done. :confused4:

Thanks in advance

P.S. after that I will be posing the pics.

Suspension kits being the ones where you'll have a very close to the standard shock absorber and a shorter spring (some of them adjustable)

And the Coil over kit being completely different from the standard.

I'm trying to decide which to buy.

I know you can adjust a coil over much more than a Suspension kit. But will a coil over kit affect my ride comfort allot, compared to the suspension kit?

I would like to drop my C VR6 95 about 40mm for the looks and improved handling. but I don't want to jeopardize the ride comfort to much.

Feed me some info so i can get out of this annoying stage of indecisiveness and go out and get it done. :confused4:

Thanks in advance

P.S. after that I will be posing the pics.

Coil overs are the route most people make. The ride comfort will be decided by which coilovers you get. As i dont have coilovers on mine i cant say, i have lowered shockers and springs. If you've got the money id say coilovers. I sure those that have coilovers can advise you as to which ones to go for - or do a search.

Gaz

I guess it depends how much comfort you actually want to retain and how much you have to spend.

For performance, roadholding and adjustability i'd say coilies all the way. If you're sure you want just a 40mm drop and no improvement in roadholding then probably shorter springs.

I have no idea how much i dropped mine with coilovers but it was way more than 40mm. I fitted Weitecs which are excellent but have no damping adjustment. This is fine for me as they are stiff enough for good, precise cornering but not overly so that i bounce all round the cabin.

My Golf has KW's variant 2 coils which have rebound adjustment which can make your ride a little less harsh but they are expensive at about £600 last i heard. I have mine set reasonably hard as i don't mind the rough ride but they are awesome.

Weitecs are made by the same people and are also very good, i can recommend either the Weitecs or KWs.

Just be sure not to get coilies and skimp on the price for some cheap ones, you'll most likely regret it.