CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Bet that's not gonna be cheap! Will look superb when done 8) You can't beat good word of mouth :)

Bet that's not gonna be cheap! Will look superb when done 8) You can't beat good word of mouth :)

Well he reckoned under a grand which would ordinarily worry me, if I hadn't seen what a good job he did with Eric's car... and besides, even if it's only a reasonable job then I can just get it done a few years down the line. Whatever I get will look a lot better than how it is now :(

That sounds very good! Eric's Rocco looks superb. I feel the same about mine- was a little worried that it was quite a bit cheaper than the others, but after looking around the workshop at the other cars he'd done, I was convinced. We'll see later in the week!

Anyway - sorry to pollute your thread with discussion about my car mate! Looking forward to seeing yours when it's done.. be sure to get some pictures up :)

No worries- car chat, not pollution! ;) Will do- it'll probably never looks so good again, so I'd better take plenty of snaps :)

You sure do- may pop over on Tuesday to see how it's going ;) Hope mine turns out as good as yours!

Very kind of you sir. I was chuffed to bits.

Got my neighbours to thank for a few chips now though! Grrr.

That's the problem, isn't it? :( Have you bothered with a bonnet bra at all? Used one on my old 16v for a while, but was a lot of hassle in the end. I can see the advantages though...

I sold my bra I had when I bought the car. Figured it would rub on the fresh paint and do more damage than chips. Getting chips is just one of those things I have to accept as I haven't got use of a garage.

Got it back yesterday. I'm very impressed! Was quite nervous, but I'm totally happy with the results- improves the car no end. I snapped a couple of pics when I collected it. Sorry about the quality- the light wasn't great. Hated the drive home as there was loads of traffic and it was pouring down. Have to wait a couple of weeks before I can give it a proper wash, then I'll get some much better pics up.

On arrival it was reassuring that he'd kept it undercover for me to inspect. He was really enthusiastic about painting cars and showed me an old TR project and a Morris 1000 that he was rebuilding from scratch. Both stunning.

So, I had the following done:

Bonnet

Front wings

Slam panel lip

Front grille

Front bumper

Rear number plate plinth

Rear number plate light cover

Parking dents removed

Rest of car machine polished

Cheers- shame the pics are so crappy :lol:

Gonna treat it to two coatings of Jetseal + some Dodo Blue Velvet on top after it's first wash :)

Very impressive Andy! Glad it turned out so well. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh. Think I might be putting some business his way soon.

Looking great buddy!

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Have you got a snow lance?

I find if you use your normal wash product and some snow foam together it makes the paint even more slippery to avoid scracthing the new paint

Great stuff - look forward to seeing some proper pics in a few weeks when you're allowed to wash it! :)