CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Coolio :D

which rear caliper of yours is dodgy, do you know? I wouldn't be surprised if it was the one we found swinging low (#sweet cal-i-perrrrr#) last summer :?

Dave, it's the same ride height, but I see what you mean- does look quite low. I'm gonna drop it another 20mm when I get time- any more and it won't get up the drive :?

Andy- thanks for the pics. Like 'em- especially the second one 8) Hopefully we can get some more good ones on Saturday :)

Think I have a spare sump around somewhere..... for when you cross your first speed bump :lol:

PS sorry for the delayed reaction, been a bit manic lately :D

Jon, that was the n/s front, which is fine. The one that needs attention is the rear o/s.

Dave sounds like a plan! :lol: It still won't be that low- prob around 60mm. There's miles to go on the coilovers!

Great to have you over yesterday mate, sorry I was a bit (!) preoccupied with my mota :oops:

Anyway, here's some pics of our refurb fun :wink:

Good pics there, matey 8) Was a good, productive day.

Reckon the handbrake cable is defo too long- got under the car today and it's fitted & routed correctly, but slightly too long, making it too slack :? Really pleased with the calipers :) Will get the brakes bled again in the next couple of days. Also going to try Vornwend's ISV to see if that's the prob with the stalling...

I'll keep you posted on the *possible* VR sale... ;) I'm gonna try to keep her, but it just may well not be viable :(

Very odd about the cable mate, you wouldn't expect them to be different lengths really unless your handbrake mech is different somehow? :?

At least we got the callies resealed and working well, that OSR one pretty much fell apart when you wound the piston out! :shock:

Reckon the handbrake cable is defo too long- got under the car today and it's fitted & routed correctly, but slightly too long, making it too slack :? Really pleased with the calipers :) Will get the brakes bled again in the next couple of days.

Also just remembered that in the rush of dusk, I think we forgot to bleed the brake master cyl (unless Jon did it?)! :shock: :oops:

That will make heaps of difference to your brake feel :D

I'll keep you posted on the *possible* VR sale... ;) I'm gonna try to keep her, but it just may well not be viable :(

Would be gutted to be in that position :( If there's anything we can do to help... :wink:

Yeh, we forgot to bleed the master :? I'll take it to a garage- should be pretty painless...

If there's anything we can do to help... :wink:

Hmmm, interesting! :lol:

Looks like setting up a kind of holding area for cars sold due to 'current circumstances', so when you finally realise, 'I wish I hadn't sold it' you can just pick your car up again. Now I wonder who still has my mk1 Golf GTI?

Seriously though Andy, very sorry to hear that it might come to that. :(

Looks like setting up a kind of holding area for cars sold due to 'current circumstances', so when you finally realise, 'I wish I hadn't sold it' you can just pick your car up again. Now I wonder who still has my mk1 Golf GTI?

*thinks* Maybe I should set up "Prodigal's Corrado Pawn Lot" :D I give you money for your car and you buy it back after 6/9/12 months, or I sell it!

Just need to find someone rich to fund my new business venture :(

Going back to the brake thing, we shouldn't have had to bleed the brake master unless the level dipped below minimum...

now, who was in charge of reservoir filling...?

Cazza, your brake fluid never went below minimum, but you might have a few bubbles in the brake master cylinder because they will rise up the brake lines over time, and by forcing the ABS to kick in you allow them to get past the ABS mechanics and up to the brake master, IIRC...

Bleeding mine last year, I found about 5 or 6 bubbles in the master, which doesn't look much but it made a huge difference to brake pedal feel and stoppage :D

Nice pic, Dave 8) She's going on Friday night now, so at least I've got another day :) Picking the Lude up on Sunday.

Know it's not VAG and it's a little soulless, but it's a nice mota in very good nick. It's been very well maintained and will hopefully be very reliable. It's just had new clutch, rad and cambelt/tensioner etc etc.

Details:

1997 Honda Prelude 2.2 VTI VTEC Motegi Ltd Ed

Totally standard

4 wheel steer

Dyno'd at 194 bhp

Cruise control

Aircon

Parking sensors

Runs sweet as a nut :)

Only got a couple of mods planned: Type-S grille, decat & BMC for now.

Here's a couple of pics 8)

I had a nice bit of rice for lunch today, with some teriyaki salmon. Was very tasty.

You'll be back Carrick, mark my words :wink: :lol:

Still a Coupe tho Andy! Unlike the new Iroc..... Looks rather tidy. Put some Corrado badges on it and bring it to the National Day. See if anybody notices!