CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Michael, I managed to get a really good deal on some 16" BBS RX2s 8)

Toad- I'll be keeping the Speedies- still really like them, but I've always loved RX2s as well ;) Always handy to have two sets of wheels :)

Hi Nikki, was intending to... but there's a new baby on the way in the summer :D so won't be able to commit :(

I'd love to see it too! Still regret selling it, even now! :(

Here's the new wheels 8) My sis is picking them up for me tomorrow. Have no idea when I'll be able to get my hands on them though, as she lives in London :(

Hi Nikki, was intending to... but there's a new baby on the way in the summer :D so won't be able to commit :(

I'd love to see it too! Still regret selling it, even now! :(

New Baby.......werent you and your mrs expecting one same time last year ? :lol:

Drop us a PM when you know which shows you are doing for definite :)

Congrats to you and your mrs on the new baby :)

Would be interesting for you to see the rado now as you knew it when it was all together properly. I see it as me having put it all back together (does that make sense?).

Yeh, the car has gone through a total transformation. It was pretty much standard when I had it (including embarassing ride height! :oops:

Many congratulations on the impending arrival. How about a new thread "Cazza's Babies" :lol:

The VR did me proud this morning- flew through it's MOT, with just a couple of minor advisories 8)

Popped up to Crazydave's on Sunday for some tinkering. The idle has been a little rough and the engine doesn't seem to like the clutch being used! Gear changes (especially 1st & 2nd) are jerky and it sometimes tries to stall when dipping the clutch at roundabouts, junctions etc.

Dave worked his magic with VAGCOM and an ISV fault came up. We eventually traced the fault to the throttle damper/dashpot, which wasn't damping anymore. It had absolutely no resistance, thus confusing the ISV and causing the above probs. Dave adjusted the throttle and wound the pot up a bit to stop the attempted stalling, which has worked a treat 8) I've ordered a new dashpot, but it's gonna take a few days as they don't have any in the country. Can't wait to get it fitted and have a nice smooth VR again 8)

We then went for a customary 'pootle' in Dave's VRT :twisted:

Many thanks again, Dave! Nice pancakes too ;)

Hey Andy,

Good news with your MOT :thumb right: As you may have heard, mine wasn't quite so plain sailing :wink:

So when do your rims arrive? Got the camera ready?

Take it easy :)

Good work mate!

Glad you got that idle sorted, it's one of those niggles that's so annoying and has you preparing in advance for every red light! :(

Your car is pretty fine I have to say. If i hadn't sold the jetta, I would definitely have had VR plans for it. :notworthy:

You guys are legends! 8)

How many months has that taken you? :shock:

Better late than never :lol:

New pics coming soon, which reminds me, do you have any of those pics from when you guys came down a few months ago? Wouldn't mind slinging them in 'ere ;)

New pics coming soon, which reminds me, do you have any of those pics from when you guys came down a few months ago? Wouldn't mind slinging them in 'ere ;)

Er, they are awaiting Potatoshop treatment - did you stick up the one that's already done?

The rolling shots didn't work so well as it was too bright and I couldn't get a slow enough shutter speed, but I bought a nice ND4 filter in Japan before Christmas, so that shouldn't be a problem now...

:sunny: :flower: :pharoh: :elephant: :cowboy: :robot: :new-bday: :hitler:

??! Hitler?! Wha? :scratch: You are one crazy nutbar, broseph. :lol:

Nah, haven't posted it yet- will do later.

Some moving shots at the next mini meet will be good! We'll have to drive sloooow so Jon can stay in shot :lol:

Get them RX2s on! Stop making us wait :lol:

Just say that you need to burn off "some fuel contamination in the oil" and rag it down to your sister's in London :D

Unless... you have already got them and are going to turn up on Sunday with a big 'surprise surprise!' grin on your face?! :idea: :norty: :nono:

Just say that you need to burn off "some fuel contamination in the oil" and rag it down to your sister's in London :D

That has to be one of the best excuses I've ever heard! :lol: *Adds to personal reportoir*

[/EDIT]Oh, and get those rims sorted, Andy !!

Get them RX2s on! Stop making us wait :lol:

Unless... you have already got them and are going to turn up on Sunday with a big 'surprise surprise!' grin on your face?! :idea: :norty: :nono:

Unfortunately I haven't laid my hands on them yet :( Excellent excuse though :lol: Gonna have to get them soon as the rear tyres on the vRS are pretty shot and the tyres on the new rims are the correct size. Have ordered some Toyo Proxes for the C 8)