CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

The council should cough up. Your Skoda is totally unmodified is it not and you were driving with due care and attention. I don't see how they'd be able to dispute your claim!

Nick, yeh, not pleasant being stuck in the middle of nowhere, well away from the main road on a dark, cold winter night with a 6 month old baby!

Jim, yeh, totally unmodified. The front bumper is quite low, but not as low as most coupes, sports cars etc.

As I was typing the last post, got a call from the AA! The guy was totally apologetic and absolutely crawled! They're sending £25 and a gift for Dan by way of apology.

Whilst their service the other night was shyte, I'm pretty impressed that they've called to apologise off their own back and made absolutely no excuses. The money etc is also nice :) Suppose I could have rejected that and kicked up a stink to get more, but all I really wanted was a proper apology, and that's what I got!

Went back to the crime scene today, to gather some evidence- Horatio eat your heart out! :)

Here's the grid in all it's glory...

Thats pretty good of em mate. I'd of accepted that as an apology too.. most companies wouldn't have had the balls to do that.

And lol about the CSI comment! CSI: Wooton-under-Edge doesnt have the same sort of ring to it! :) That is one heck of a dip in that grid! :|

Yeh, was pretty impressed with the AA in the end. As you say, most companies wouldn't bother.

Think Rach would make a better CSI than me- I was struggling for a decent pic and she spotted the wood lying right next to me! :roll: :lol:

Really does show the dip- I'd like to see the Council try and wriggle out of this one! Checked the speed limit on the road and it's 15mph! If I'd have been doing that, I dread to think what would've happened!

it'll more than likely to passed on to the Council's insurers tbh,who I'd imagine to be Zurich Municipal...........I had a claim against the local Council(who so happen to be my employer) back in 99/2000 when a grasscutter cut the grass next to where my car was parked,the cutter never had any guards to stop stones being thrown up and the side of my BMW Compact was "pebble-dashed" by it,anyway it took me 2-3 months of arguing the point,thankfully I managed to get it through,but the insurer then told me not to park where i was parked......so in other words outside my house in a private residential street,with no parking restrictions whatsoever......anyway even though I got a result I felt annoyed at having to argue the point and it felt like I was being accused of lying

anyway Andy good luck and perservere with it

I will do, Rodders. It's clearly a fault on the Councils part, and it must have happened to other people too. I'll keep you posted.

Got the vRS back on Friday- looking really minty again 8) I was gonna give the interior a good clean before the accident- glad I didn't bother 'cos it's had a really thorough valet from the repairers :D Will get some pics up.

Still haven't heard back from the Council- will give them a call this week.

Snapped a quick pic the other day- she's looking nice and minty again 8) Just need to put the eyebrows back on- make it look nice and mean :twisted:

Decided to get rid of the 17s and go for some Speedlines. You can't really go wrong with a C slammed on Speedies- think they are an awesome wheel- just a shame they weren't 16"! :(

Anyway, picked up a set of good Speedies pretty cheap, and have had a go at refurbing them in a darker colour. Didn't want black as everyone seems to be doing that these days, so went for a halfway house colour. Ended up picking Rover Gunmetal Metallic.

Finished two wheels so far- they're not perfect, but overall I'm very pleased with the results.

Whaddaya reckon?

ps- they're a lot more sparkly/metallic in the metal- doesn't show up very well in the pics.

Your welcome mate, better on your car than lying about doing nothing...

Did you manage to sell the 17s and how easy are you finding painting the rims, does it include doing the inside???

Can't sell the 17s until the Speedies are on the car ;)

Still got two to finish. Yep, painted the insides + centre caps as well. It's actually pretty straight forward- you've just got to take your time.

I was quite lucky in that the rims were already in a good state, with very little kerbing, no chunks missing etc. Not sure if I'd have attempted it if they were like that!

This Sunday?

Meet is Sunday 28th isn't it?

Don't panic me like that :)

Go on then, 29th.

call it quits!!!

just got to remember the bolts now

Right Andy.....Those speedies must be on the car by now...

So where are the photos?????????

Ha! Yep they are, Michael, but I'm haven't had time to do the calipers. They're soooo embarassing! Pleased with the Speedies though 8)

I'll take some pics and photoshop the calipers out ;)

Here's a quick snap I took a few minutes ago- I'll get some better ones sorted once I've painted the calipers and cleaned the car ;)

Trawling through some old pics and found quite a few of me old motas.

Here are my 3 16v Corrados.