Kevin Bacon

TT Wipers (arms & blades)

No you're right, you waste your money on stroeve induction kits trying to make your 8V faster instead.

I wasnt trying to make it faster kev, just wanted the noise.. anyone who has any idea knows that an induction kit CANT make a car faster cos the design of hte airbox's and filters now is about as good as it gets, same with the exhausts...

And as i said, my VW wipers are as good as wipers get, so get off your soap box, your NOT always right!!!!

Oh right, induction noise chaser, LOL! Now that is money well spent isn't it, when you could have just cut a hole in the OE box and done the same job :-)

Who said I am always right anyway? It's only people like you that just assume I think I am, rather than taking the thread on face value and realising I am just trying to help people. If you think your shite wipers are good, fine.

the wipers on all 3 of my Corrados have been utter pish... until I fitted the Lupo GTI ones on the 2 I still own and was happily amazed by the difference... If anyone can find an upgrade on that upgrade, then that's brilliant in my book! 8)

Mark - do you ever drive in the rain? :lol:

I do think over £80 is excessive but it's a safety item and like the headlight loom I would consider it a must before doing anything else, I was quite lucky to get the Lupo set conversion for about £33 when it was available... (GPC sell these for £60 +vat now)

Kev i think that the new shape ford focus pass side wiper will fit with no mods, worth a look.

I only spotted one in the car park in asda so didnt have a chance to check the size

Funnily enough, the wipers on My missus' 8v work perfectly too.

Having had a few rado's with wipers that don't work for toffee though I would say that you have to spend out a few quid on replacing them with something as a matter of safety really - it's just unfortunate that they are relitavely expensive.

The standard wipers are utter w@nk. We've all done the dremel thing and they're still w@nk.

Whoa, someone's a bit narky, I think you should be denounced from moderational status for the afternoon - must be the stress of it all! :lol:

I'm still on standard wipers, no real complaints tbh. I like to think that I'm special as you've all gone lupo. £80 is a fair whack in my pocket though so I just slap on the rain-X now and again. :afro:

as far as I'm concerned, £80 is nothing compared to parking your car on little timmy when he's out riding his bike, and you can't see him because it's drizzling.

I hear it never rains in Leeds anyway :infinity:

It fizzle mo shizzles it down now and again Sir Walesy, today is 310 and there are naked laydees everywhere :norty:.

Rain-X is mint though - I like hammering down the motorway in a pi$$ storm with no wipers on.

:lol:

Fo Sho

Having only moved to Cornshire 7 months ago, this baylons out on the beach stuff is all new to me - Going into the bakers in town to get some baps has taken on a new meaning 8)

As for 'hammering down the motorway in the rain with no wipers on ' - errrr that's an 'extreme sport' that i'm not really into. I've never tried Rain-X though.

as far as I'm concerned, £80 is nothing compared to parking your car on little timmy when he's out riding his bike, and you can't see him because it's drizzling.

Timmy needs this. :wink:

Am i the only one who thikns £80+ on wipers is just a little bit stupid???

I have all original VW wipers and theres bugger all wrong wit hthem, they wipe all the screen, dont lift off the screen at speed and are cheap, and no i havnt bent them or buggered about apart from grinding a bit off the edge of hte internal cam in the arm...

Please excuse him, he only has the 8v corrado - it doesnt generate enough speed to create wiper lift lol :lol:

joke btw

Timmy needs this. :wink:

Why do you know where the cycling proficiency website is? :lol:

Are you actually a child of 9 years or older wishing to ride your bike on the road?

Damn you got me, I'd better head back to the bmx-forum - and watch out for 'w@nk wipered' corrado's on my way!...

vroom - splat

"oh Timmy that corrado's parked on your head" :lol:

Am i the only one who thikns £80+ on wipers is just a little bit stupid???

I have all original VW wipers and theres bugger all wrong wit hthem, they wipe all the screen, dont lift off the screen at speed and are cheap, and no i havnt bent them or buggered about apart from grinding a bit off the edge of hte internal cam in the arm...

Please excuse him, he only has the 8v corrado - it doesnt generate enough speed to create wiper lift lol :lol:

joke btw

Ohhh havnt heard that one before... LOL

joke btw

As oppose to having to open the garage door to show yours what rain looks like!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Maybe the 8Vs had better arms? Not sure.

Doesn't really matter at the end of the day, I didn't mind spending £80 for experimental purposes ;-)

I never got on with the old Lupo ones as they juddered after a month. The Audi ones might do that too, but they seem a better design and the arms have stronger springs.

I'll get on with finding a suitable passenger arm, cheers for the suggestions guys.

One day I'll end up having to go to 18 different dealers to service this car!

I think you should be denounced from moderational status for the afternoon - must be the stress of it all! :lol:

Wouldn't bother me tbh, fancy the post? :lol:

Maybe the 8Vs had better arms? Not sure.

Doesn't really matter at the end of the day, I didn't mind spending £80 for experimental purposes ;-)

I never got on with the old Lupo ones as they juddered after a month. The Audi ones might do that too, but they seem a better design and the arms have stronger springs.

I'll get on with finding a suitable passenger arm, cheers for the suggestions guys.

One day I'll end up having to go to 18 different dealers to service this car!

One of my mates just turned up in a brand new TT she picked up this morning. She was a bit p!ssed that the first thing i did was look at the wipers! :lol:

One of my mates just turned up in a brand new TT she picked up this morning. She was a bit p!ssed that the first thing i did was look at the wipers! :lol:

:D :D :D :D 8)

As oppose to having to open the garage door to show yours what rain looks like!! Laughing Laughing Wink

bastard.

that was a bit low :lol: