Kevin Bacon

TT Wipers (arms & blades)

As oppose to having to open the garage door to show yours what rain looks like!! Laughing Laughing Wink

bastard.

that was a bit low :lol:

sorry... was left wiiide open for that one! :lol:

Sorry, I'd completely forgotten about this :-)

On the arm, it's simpler to just bend the passenger one slightly at the hinge. That way the blade will tuck in under the driver's side one just fine. Looks and works a treat and the Audi blades do not judder at all in the slightest. They've been dead smooth for months. As I say, the Lupo ones never worked out for me, but these are top drawer.

I'll get some more pics up soon.....

hello any chance of some more pics as i was thinking for changing to lupo

wipers but after reading this thred i would like to go for the tt set up any chance of getting the part codes you used .

hello any chance of some more pics as i was thinking for changing to lupo

wipers but after reading this thred i would like to go for the tt set up any chance of getting the part codes you used

I was thinking on the Lupo, after reading the thread and picking myself up from the floor laughing think I'll chuckle my way down to VW and check out the price.

The part numbers are on page 2 at the top.

Excellent work by the way, makes it all worth while trawling the pages of the forum. I was looking for anyone fitted Cayenne 17" winter wheels to a C and now I'm off for a much needed wiper upgrade. :thumbleft:

So the juddering is the wiper arms is it? I thought the extra effort required to move the lupo wipers had worn the linkage slightly, I'm off to get some new blades then.......

gonna get amongst this when I get back holiday I think, then it might stop this rain we keep having :lol:

gonna get amongst this when I get back holiday I think, then it might stop this rain we keep having :lol:

That's what I was hoping when I fitted mine the other day ... still, I can confirm they are a massive improvement over standard wipers and don't look out of place either

Only thing is, Kev makes it sound dead easy to chop an inch off one of the blades, it's not, it took a set of bolt cutters to get through the blade (spring steel is tough!), then a grinder to reshape the metal so you can get the plastic end cap back on properly.

That's what I was hoping when I fitted mine the other day ... still, I can confirm they are a massive improvement over standard wipers and don't look out of place either

Only thing is, Kev makes it sound dead easy to chop an inch off one of the blades, it's not, it took a set of bolt cutters to get through the blade (spring steel is tough!), then a grinder to reshape the metal so you can get the plastic end cap back on properly.

Thats what i was worried about, i didn't think it would be as easy as 'snipping an inch off'. Still i think this needs to be looked at. Now shall i buy some wipers and a headlight loom, or put the money towards my coilovers, hmmmm.

You can buy these TT kits from ebay already modded for £70 odd quid!

The guy who sells the kits also sells the spare blades already modded if you dont want to do it yourself :)

:lol: Hnmmm, I used pliers to snip my inch off :lol: Must be stronger than I look? :?

Anyway, I since revised this TT setup and all you need to do (and this is simple, I promise!) is bend the passenger side arm (just before the wiper arm spindle) a little. What this does is tuck the passenger's excess blade length under the driver's blade and also aligns it in with the contour of the screen.

So the parts remain the same, 2 x drivers arms and blades, and the only mod is a little bending, but you guys might need a 10 tonne hydraulic press....I used pliers :lol: (not really, a vice with plastic jaw covers)

What makes the TT setup better than the Lupo items (imo) is a beefier, sculpted arms (act as a spoiler), stronger springs and more crucially, ultra low profile blades with better rubber.

I've had them on since this post was created, original blades and it hasn't juddered once. My Lupo ones used to judder after 2-3 weeks.

I bought my TT wiper setup from a guy called Lesbray off Ebay a few months ago fully modded for £80. He even included instructions on how to cut down new blades for when they need replacing. If anyone is after a set but doesn't want the hassle of cutting them down yourself then its worth trying him. Just email him if he hasn't got any for sale and he can probably make up a set for you.

and the only mod is a little bending, but you guys might need a 10 tonne hydraulic press....I used pliers :lol: (not really, a vice with plastic jaw covers)

rofl Kev :lol:

I bought my TT wiper setup from a guy called Lesbray off Ebay a few months ago fully modded for £80. He even included instructions on how to cut down new blades for when they need replacing. If anyone is after a set but doesn't want the hassle of cutting them down yourself then its worth trying him. Just email him if he hasn't got any for sale and he can probably make up a set for you.

I just had a hunt on ebay and couldn't find him, do you have a link? Was it just a one off sale or does the guy supply them?

:lol: Hnmmm, I used pliers to snip my inch off :lol: Must be stronger than I look? :?

Anyway, I since revised this TT setup and all you need to do (and this is simple, I promise!) is bend the passenger side arm (just before the wiper arm spindle) a little. What this does is tuck the passenger's excess blade length under the driver's blade and also aligns it in with the contour of the screen.

So the parts remain the same, 2 x drivers arms and blades, and the only mod is a little bending, but you guys might need a 10 tonne hydraulic press....I used pliers :lol: (not really, a vice with plastic jaw covers)

What makes the TT setup better than the Lupo items (imo) is a beefier, sculpted arms (act as a spoiler), stronger springs and more crucially, ultra low profile blades with better rubber.

I've had them on since this post was created, original blades and it hasn't juddered once. My Lupo ones used to judder after 2-3 weeks.

Pliers :shock: Have to admit I didn't think of just using pliers, tried tin snips to begin with but they were having none of it, then stuck them in a vice and brought out a hacksaw, that looked like it would have taken hours so thought feck it and grabbed the bolt cutters!

Out of curiosity, how did you get the plastic end cap back on? The ends of the two lengths of steel either side of the rubber are tapered on mine so the only way of getting the cap back on securely was to grind them down into a similar shape.

I did notice you mentioned the passenger arm could be bent instead of cutting the blade down, but those arms looked beefy and I didn't have a 10 tonne press handy :lol: Plus, I didn't really want to ask the audi dealer for a third drivers side arm if it went wrong.

For anyone else who gets them and finds they judder, mine did this for the first couple of weeks and were only briefly smooth when you used the window wash, don't worry though, that stops after a few weeks once the rubber gets worn in a bit.

Therapor, think these are the ones VRTrickster was on about ... click me do

cheers Steve.

He doesn't actually mention whther they are both drivers, or one of each, and doesn't list part numbers, so I sent him a question.

Cheers for the link mate :)

No worries, good idea checking the part numbers though, it could be that those aren't a pic of the actual items or it might be the way he's modded them because although they look like very similar, that blade looks pretty small :?

Hopefully it's a shorter blade he's found so we won't have to worry about modding anything to get them on in future :)

I just had a hunt on ebay and couldn't find him, do you have a link? Was it just a one off sale or does the guy supply them?

Try this link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-GENUINE-VW-AE ... dZViewItem

Its only for an aero wiper conversion but just email him and ask if he can modify some tt ones for you

Worth tracking the ebay guy down, just been quoted £107 by Audi for the whole lot !! Didn't seem keen either when I couldn't give them a chassis or reg number for my VR6 TT.

Pliers :shock: Have to admit I didn't think of just using pliers, tried tin snips to begin with but they were having none of it, then stuck them in a vice and brought out a hacksaw, that looked like it would have taken hours so thought feck it and grabbed the bolt cutters!

LOL, you haven't seen the pliers I used :lol: Did I not say they were industrial ones bolted to a bench? LOL!

Yeah the steel straps are made of spring steel, which is really tough stuff!! And as you probably found out, difficult to file aswell! I did the same thing to get the cap back on but it wasn't neat and it needed a bit of glue aswell!

I did notice you mentioned the passenger arm could be bent instead of cutting the blade down, but those arms looked beefy and I didn't have a 10 tonne press handy :lol: Plus, I didn't really want to ask the audi dealer for a third drivers side arm if it went wrong.

Yeah the arm is easy to bend and doesn't need bending a lot, just enough to tuck the blade under the driver's side blade. This also removes the little unwiped triangle you normally get in the middle of the screen. So long as the pass blade is under the drivers one (and not the other way round!!) the blades won't clash.

There's no need for cutting of anything like this, or tracking down ebay people for modded blades. You can just walk into Audi, buy 2 blades and fit them in seconds!

For anyone else who gets them and finds they judder, mine did this for the first couple of weeks and were only briefly smooth when you used the window wash, don't worry though, that stops after a few weeks once the rubber gets worn in a bit.

Interesting, my TT setup was smooth from day one, and still is after a year on the original blades!

hi

sorry to drag this conversion up again but i take it you straighten the passengers arm slightly to effectively make the blade follow the angle of the bottom of the screen better many thanks :) also is the spindle end of the arm cast alloy or is it the steel bit further up u bend i do not want to break the arm :?

Audi ar biggeer crooks than the VW stealers. Just bought a set of these Arm and blades from Audi Canterbury. £107!!! Think i got served by Dick Turpin!!

Hope they work!!

hi

you should have asked for discount they were just over 80 quid unless they have gone up but they definately do work there fantastic

Thanks for doing the initial legwork on this one cheesewire. Fitted a set of these while I was home over Christmas, brilliant mod, why did I wait almost twelve years of Corrado ownership to get around to doing it???