Sign in to follow this  
CorradoDriver

Accident

Well, i was coming home from school today, going down the street, doing the speedlimit, when an old guy in his 70's driving a ford Taurus decided to make a left while im passing through the intersection well it was a T junction, i was going straight and was going to make a left turn, he was stopped, and as i passed through the intersection he decided to go, he ramed my car and destroyed the driver side fender, the bumper and my door, cops came and told me after talking to both of us, that it wasnt my fault, it was my right of way, he was only to blame, im so pissed off right now, my dads body shop guy said about 3k worth of damage, new hood door fender and bumper and grill, idk how that happend dont ask, he said thier might be some suspension damage. At first i only had some red marks from the seat belt, but now im feeling some wiplash, my shoulders is stiffening up as well as my back. Funny thing was that i cleaned my car like on monday so i could take some pics, i have pics of the car clean and then damaged, have a look, i appologize for the graphic images u are about to see and remeber it wasnt my fault, sorry for the wrong date on those pics, didnt fix my camera till 2day

PICT0132.jpg

PICT0131.jpg

My dads Saab 9-3 Aero

PICT0138.jpg

If you have a weak stomach please close window now

PICT0142.jpg

PICT0145.jpg

PICT0144.jpg

PICT0141.jpg

PICT0146.jpg

well, the body shop friend of my dad said thay they might say its totaled and i would get about 4500 dollars from issurance company for the car, then i would buy the car back from the insurance company for liek 200 dollars and fix it

Man, that's bad. I'd take the Fix Or Repair Daily saloon driving git to the cleaners for busting up your 'rado.

Cheesy as it sounds though, I'm glad you're alright and walked away at the end of the day.

Cheers,

Tom

P.S There's a thread on here somewhere about various write-offs/accidents people have had, I'd add those pics to it as a warning :-)

sounds good, what the thread title, ill add them on, oh by the way ZippyVR6, i did give a warning, you probably missed it

If you have a weak stomach please close window now

Ouch that's pretty darn bad. :(

At least you are ok though, it looks like Jaws has attacked your C dude.

Gahhh!

Sorry to see that matey! - And it looks a beauty aswell ( before the accident of course! ) - lovely colour combo!

Best of luck with gettig it sorted anyway!

Didn't know you had leather in there.. it looks (well looked) peachy!

Always hate seeing smashed up Rado's.. definately try buy it back and make it good again :)

OUCH! sorry to see that mate, glad it wasnt worse and youre ok. The inner skin will be bent to hell as well. Good luck to you, similar accident happened to me not so long ago so i know how you feel matey. :)

Man that sucks. Im always worried about someone hitting me just because i know it would probally total my rado just because of what it is. At least you didnt get hurt. Good luck with it

Thanks guys, i really appreciate it, worst comes to worse and they decide to total it, ill just buy it back from them, real cheap (thats what my dad told me) and fix it up, my car is worth about 5k in excellent condition and it was in really good condition, so hopfully ill get some where around $4500 and fix it up, i can get parts on vortex real cheap, i would buy some from here but shipping would be a butt load. Iv loacted a door for $100 the grill for like $80 (badgeless and eyelid), im still looking for a hood and i found a fender body kit for like $200 but im not sure if it will look nice let me know what you think http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-1994-Volkswagen-VW-Corrado-Z3-Z-3-Fenders-Body-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33644QQihZ010QQitemZ200029103944QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Thats all i need for know, but probably will need some more stuff after we start taking the damage stuff off

Thanks again

and i found a fender body kit for like $200 but im not sure if it will look nice let me know what you think http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-1994-Volkswagen-VW-Corrado-Z3-Z-3-Fenders-Body-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33644QQihZ010QQitemZ200029103944QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Thats all i need for know, but probably will need some more stuff after we start taking the damage stuff off

Thanks again

sorry but that ebay item is just pure Sh!te :roll: :shock:

Sorry to hear about the accident, bl**dy typical it being someone else's fault.

A US-Corrado with the old ELRA in there :-) Yes, definitely worth restoring to its former glory.

I'd have to agree with vr6storm on those ebay-fenders, though, they just don't look right on a car like a Corrado (those nasty air intake fin-things, suit a BMW Z-series whatever far better), especially your still very nice and original SLC Corrado. I'd also go for the original fenders (scrap yard?).

Tempest

Good idea TEMPEST . thats the way i found alot of my interior parts was from wrecked corrados. take some time online and on the phone checking if by luck theres a corrado near you that has the stuff you need ;)

thanks guys, the fenders was only an idea they looked okay but as you said they suit a z3 much better, i wont find out how bad it is until monday when my body shop guy takes a closer look and then i have to wait for the insurance adjuster to take a look at it and see if its totaled or not, either way the car is gona get fixed, iv spent so many hours getting it running good and all, but we will see, ill keep you guys posted, thanks again

im so pissed right now, i really am, im sure i havent spent any where close to the amount of time and cash you guys have but i still have spent more than 500 dollars (im 17 with no job, that was basicly my life savings and my mom funded alot more) and many hours tring to get my car running as good as it was, with the idle, over heating, clutch problems (many more) i had and now this, ahh life is cruel hah, well the only good thing i can see coming from this and it might be ablessing in disguise is that now i can get that badgeless eyelid gril new tire lol maybe a respray of teh car and as for the bumper im looking to get an RS aftermarket bumper anyone have any pics of that on their cars?? oo and another thing is that if i have money left over after the car is fixed from insurance ill be purchasing a nice set of coilovers. my cozin said he can get me a set that is 1400 normal price considerably cheaper. The same coilovers are on his track m3, when he bought them he got them for like 800 buks but even if i pay 1000 it be worth it and hey its not my money hahha, but if anyone has pics of the rs bumper on their car please post the image, id appreciate it

thanks agian