Jon_vr6

Re: Corrado storm vr6

Its a spare mechanism i have fitted, the original one is going to be used for spare parts. Looks like the mechanism is coming out then cheers for the pointers RW1

Did a little upgrade at the weekend while i had a few moments, ive always wondered why on the later vr6 and storm models the ABS light doesnt match up with the other switches on the dash eg the fog light switch etc. Well managed to source an earlier ABS light with the ridges on so thought it would be just a case of swapping over the front covers and all would be well BUT turns out the ABS lights are totally different as in the front cover didnt fit over my existing one SO realised that a chunk of plastic near the bulb was stopping the cover going on so armed with a file i filed it down and after 10mins of filling the front cover fitted a treat and now looks spot on, Heres a before (had to use a pic from another storm but you'll notice its completely smooth) and one of mine installed.

Edited by Jon_vr6

You've got too much time on your hands x

I did that last Friday before coming down to yours, You've got to admit it looks a lot better X

Spoiler NOW works woooooooooooooo, stripped down the original one i took out greased it up and now works a treat.

Just thought i'd update this as it not been updated in ages. Ive been driving my brothers corrado which has been recently fully rebuilt by Graham at D&G Autotech for the past few weeks (getting 1,000 miles on it before it can be given the full beans, 3-4K rpm MAX) while mine is getting 263 cams fitted by Graham and a few odds and sods installed.

Got a few things to put on it when i get mine back

1. A brand new VR6 steering wheel (well fully refurbished with red stitching direct from germany)

2. Brand new fogs and indicators

Will put pics up of steering wheel to see what you lot think i think it looks ace thats all that matters

Pics as promised what do you think??

P1010009.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010018.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010014.jpg

The horn push has been leathered too but im not convinced so im putting the spare on to try and keep it looking OEM'ish

I think it looks great! I'm currently looking into getting a wheel retrimmed. Are you getting a remap with the cams? would love to hear your post fitment reports:thumbleft:

Phew was thinking it was going to get slated haha, Yeah its getting remapped at the same time the schimmel cams go in so i'm looking forward to seeing how it compares to standard. Will post up my findings fella

Well im off for 2 weeks from work so ive got loads of jobs to do to the corrado while im off.

Today ive fitted my new aerial base and ive given the headlining a really good clean, 3 buckets of black water im hoping for no water marks when it dries fingers crossed anyway.

Tomorrow im planning on either pulling out all the seat and cleaning all the carpets with a VAX and then treating the leather OR im going to install my brand new fogs and indicators that have been sitting in the wardrobe for a while now. Quick question though i bought some LAMIN-X a while ago to put on the fogs and indicators to protect against the pesky stone chips but is it worth the hassle of putting it on or should i just plonk them on??

Pics when i can be arsed as usual lol

Well im off for 2 weeks from work so ive got loads of jobs to do to the corrado while im off.

Today ive fitted my new aerial base and ive given the headlining a really good clean, 3 buckets of black water im hoping for no water marks when it dries fingers crossed anyway.

Tomorrow im planning on either pulling out all the seat and cleaning all the carpets with a VAX and then treating the leather OR im going to install my brand new fogs and indicators that have been sitting in the wardrobe for a while now. Quick question though i bought some LAMIN-X a while ago to put on the fogs and indicators to protect against the pesky stone chips but is it worth the hassle of putting it on or should i just plonk them on??

Pics when i can be arsed as usual lol

i just did lamin-x on my new fogs and headlights - well worth it in my opinion and adds that extra layer of protection. Just a little fiddly getting the corners done

any further details of where you got the steering wheel retrimmed from - looks good and the perforated bit would go with the rest of my interior (redone in perforated alcantara)

cheers

Edited by monzablau16v

Got it from a company on ebay fella

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/carsdream_com/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

They are based in germany and the price on them are on an exchange basis(so you send them a good used one and they send you a fully refurbed one), you can however buy one outright send him an email hes very helpful. They are currently away until 1st october so you'll have to wait till they get back so search through their stock

Hi mate, I might be able to help you with the horn push to keep it looking OEM. My steering wheel is with my trimmer atm and he is embossing the horn symbols at either end into the leather to keep it looking OEM.

I will show you a picture when its done if it helps give you a better idea but I also had the 2 round centres trimmed as I think it looks odd without doing that bit. Otherwise, the red stiching sets off the speedo dial nicely.

What bit did you file down with the early ABS switch? I got Jon Croozings early switch and I tried fitting it when I was replacing the dash and thought, 'well, that wont work'. It's a nice mod. Looks like its meant to be.

Wonder why they changed the switch?

Hi mate on the early abs light if you remove the front plastic with abs on it you'll see that behind that around the bulb is pretty flat now take off the front on your late light and you'll see that it sticks out more promenantly around the bulb and its that, that causes the early front not fitting the late. So i filled that down and hey presto it fits a treat. Havnt a clue why they changed them but i know that the connector end on the early light doesnt fit the connector block on our storms.

Thats a good idea with the horn push i'd be interested in seeing that.

Well heres pics of the few things ive done over the past few days

1. New aerial base not genuine but fits a treat

Old

2011-09-26101351.jpg

New

2011-09-26104808.jpg

2. Removed all the seats and gave them a good old clean and reconditioned the leather nice and soft/supple now also hoovered all the carpets while the fronts were out found £1 in change too

2011-09-27095255.jpg

2011-09-27110007.jpg

2011-09-27130042.jpg

3. Fitted a replacement interior door card plastic the old one had a big crack down it also i fitted a spare passenger door handle ive been meaning to fit so i can now lock the car from the passenger side and while i was there fitted dave16v's famous door repair kit feels lovely now and doesnt feel like its going to fall off

4. Finally fitted my new fogs and indicators, i Lamin-xed them first before taking the old ones off, fitted nice new stainless steel screws aswell as the old ones were well crusty makes it easy if they ever have to come off again

2011-09-29151454.jpg

2011-09-29151500.jpg

2011-09-29151506.jpg

2011-09-29151513.jpg

5. Just a small one ive now removed the bullet door pins and gone back to standard looks far better

2011-09-29151556.jpg

Whats left to door well

New steering wheel to fit

New Varta Battery - Just for piece of mind

Want to do a full coolant flush

Oh yeah and wash it lol

Jon