Jon_vr6

Re: Corrado storm vr6

:shock: blimey, how did that happen then?

Must have been previous to my ownership someone must have used an anglegrinder to remove part of the hub

it's quite common for garages to use a grinder to get the centre part of the old bearing off the hub as it neraly always stays on there.

that is just butchery though, you'll barely leave a mark on it if you're careful, that's bloody attrocious!

glad you managed to get sorted and you're happy with the outcome. the jetex would have been my choice of exhaust too, pleased you're happy with all the work - there's nothing better than driving the 'rado dwon the road after getting a load of stuff sorted like that :D

it's quite common for garages to use a grinder to get the centre part of the old bearing off the hub as it neraly always stays on there.

that is just butchery though, you'll barely leave a mark on it if you're careful, that's bloody attrocious!

glad you managed to get sorted and you're happy with the outcome. the jetex would have been my choice of exhaust too, pleased you're happy with all the work - there's nothing better than driving the 'rado dwon the road after getting a load of stuff sorted like that :D

Yeah its like when you have your MOT and you know its roadworthy for another year give you an excuse to give it the beans :D

i'd love to be the guy in the jetex factory that gets to whallop the back box with a club hammer (hand finished exhausts) :lol:

i'd love to be the guy in the jetex factory that gets to whallop the back box with a club hammer (hand finished exhausts) :lol:

Yeah does look a bit odd looks like its been dropped haha dunno what the reason behind the bump in it is though

if you dont mind me asking, how much did the gearbox rebuild and diff fit cost? Did you supply the diff?

Cheers.

PM'd

Car went back to D&G friday as a clunky steering rack was doin me head in (new steering rack to be installed) and abs light came on vag-commed and low and behold it was the pedal sensor finally ive had to use a spare that ive accumulated over the years (a new spare btw) the GF will be happy :D

nice rack (quote from Dave) lol

where did you get it from and how much if yo can say ??

nice rack (quote from Dave) lol

where did you get it from and how much if yo can say ??

£190 + VAT from power racks direct i think

Thanks, have to add it to my buying list

Thanks, have to add it to my buying list

No worries fella

Picked up friday after work Dave picked me up in it from the train station and we took it for a spin (He told me the day before that he had a little something else for me to try out)

Anyway took it down some fast roads and to be honest it did feel a bit nippier but just thought it was me having not drove for a week. Any way Dave had give it a standard remap and you can definitely feel that its quicker when your pootling along at 50 in 5th and you put your foot down and the power is their instant whereas before you would get a lot of noise but no go. Well pleased with the results and the steering is so much better now with the refurbed power steering rack feels weighty and a pleasure to drive

I let the GF (Katy) take it for a spin yesterday, shes a far better driver than me (and she knew the roads around Nottingham like the back of her hand) and she said it was great i could see the smile on her face ear to ear whether it was that she was making me nearly poo my pants on the twistys or that it wasnt her tyres or petrol i dont know but it passed her shakedown anyway lol

So these have been installed

Power steering rack

R32 rear wishbone bushes

Abs pedal sensor

And a NA vr6 remap

Thanks again to the fellas at D&G brilliant stuff :D

Is the steering rack a a replacement vw item or like a good quality aftermarket thing? looks smashing :norty: Hmmm been hearing a lot about these

re-maps from the Crazy one as i know Fay has had hers done too. Might have to have a word :norty:

Is the steering rack a a replacement vw item or like a good quality aftermarket thing? looks smashing :norty: Hmmm been hearing a lot about these

re-maps from the Crazy one as i know Fay has had hers done too. Might have to have a word :norty:

Its a refurbed item KIP from a company that Dave and Graham have been using for years Power racks direct, very good item

I think we've similar feelings about the map. It's lovely and smooth and subtle, a little movement of the pedal seems to get a far greater response, and as the majority of my driving is 2-3k RPM it's ideal. I can change up sooner, and may see some benefits in terms of economy. Really felt the difference last night when it got a bit cooler, and there was noone else on the road. It's far easier to pick up and carry speed, and the tyres certainly seem to complain more about a surfeit of torque on the exits from roundabouts. :norty:

I think we've similar feelings about the map. It's lovely and smooth and subtle, a little movement of the pedal seems to get a far greater response, and as the majority of my driving is 2-3k RPM it's ideal. I can change up sooner, and may see some benefits in terms of economy. Really felt the difference last night when it got a bit cooler, and there was noone else on the road. It's far easier to pick up and carry speed, and the tyres certainly seem to complain more about a surfeit of torque on the exits from roundabouts. :norty:

Yeah tis a great map, Mine loves roundabouts with the LSD cant recommend the wavetrac enough

Forgot about your diff. Keep having thoughts about them, but need to save some money this year!

Its PASSED after a couple of very very minor problems were sorted was asked if it had had a bit of money spent on it i replied errrrr a bit is an understatement so its safe for the road for another 12 months thank fcuk for that

Thanks for the lift Bro

Jon