Jon_vr6

Re: Corrado storm vr6

Be interested to know how it feels once fitted with the new 280 rear.

Mine has only got 288 front at the moment so same as yours. :D

Be interested to know how it feels once fitted with the new 280 rear.

Mine has only got 288 front at the moment so same as yours. :D

Nah im not fitting 280 rears mate just standard replacement as they are looking rather tatty atm

I spotted your Storm when I was up at DG yesterday getting a new front wheel bearing fitted. Once you get your car back it will be good to get your views on the Jetex - I'm still running OEM from new (now 14 years) so I expect at some stage the exhaust will start blowing. I had all my front suspension done last year by the folks at DG so I can vouch for how well it drives now.

I spotted your Storm when I was up at DG yesterday getting a new front wheel bearing fitted. Once you get your car back it will be good to get your views on the Jetex - I'm still running OEM from new (now 14 years) so I expect at some stage the exhaust will start blowing. I had all my front suspension done last year by the folks at DG so I can vouch for how well it drives now.

Will do fella ive gone for the 3 box system so should sound almost OEM, think im looking forward to getting the feeling back through the steering wheel felt rather loose and not like i was at one with the car :D

Jon when are you due to pick the car up? I'm hoping mine will be ready next weekend... :D

Dunno mate i said take as long as you need, gearbox is fully rebuilt so thats going in Monday will have to see

Jon when are you due to pick the car up? I'm hoping mine will be ready next weekend... :D

Dunno mate i said take as long as you need, gearbox is fully rebuilt so thats going in Monday will have to see

Bit of luck could be similar time...

Yeah would love to see what the superchargers like as im either going SC or Turbo eventually may change my mind though and keep it like it is :D

Might see my red Rado up there then as I'm dropping it off on Friday afternoon for a bit of spannering and an MOT :) Suspect it'll need a few jobs to get it through the MOT though so will probably be there till the following week!

Going to be picking her up tomorrow the old girl has had a lot of work done by the masters that are Dave and Graham, cant contain my excitement will post complete progress pics when i get her back tomorrow :D

Cheers Jon let me know what you see! And give us the full breakdown on what you had done. Enjoy the drive home.. :D

Just got back and all is well exhaust note is a little louder than OEM but only when you put your foot down :D

Pics and info to follow to tired atm

Right then had a majorly big list for D&G Autotech to get through when i brought it in

VT Mounts. Road Mounts all round.

Jetex Exhaust

Injectors ultrasonically cleaned

Mk4 Rear brakes, bearings, pads etc

Wavetrac Diff fitted Gearbox stripped and rebuilt

DG Fan kit. Brackets and fans all wired up

Wheel alignment

Front suspension. Rebuild New ball joints, rod end, rods, front wheel bearings etc

New CV joints, boots etc.

New aux water pump

So dropped it in Dave took it for a quick spin and everything seemed fine got out had a took under the bonnet and Dave revved the engine and there was a nasty rattle noise coming from the chain area. I knew it couldnt have been the chains as they had been done approx 2/3 years earlier so left it with them to investigate this is what was causing all the noise

A bolt had sheered the one that the tensioner pad sits on

DSC04224.jpg

DSC04226.jpg

left a nice impression

DSC04223.jpg

According to Dave i was a lucky boy as if that had run loose and got inbetween the chains bye bye engine phew

So to add to the list above mk4 items and genuine items we used so mk4 tensioner pad etc

Anyway pics of the rest of the work

Exhaust

DSC04321.jpg

DSC04323.jpg

Gauges

DSC04314.jpg

Mk4 rears

DSC04282.jpg

Track rods etc

DSC04281.jpg

Mounts

DSC04201.jpg

Gearbox right had a few probs with the Arp bolts but all worked out in the end diff installed, new first gear cog needed replacing and main shaft

DSC04247.jpg

DSC04241.jpg

DSC04238.jpg

DSC04243.jpg

Anyway all worked out in the end and the Diff is fantastic you can really push it through them corners now :D

P1000458.jpg

P1000460.jpg

Big thanks to Dave and Graham amazing blokes wouldnt even consider taking the storm any where else now :D

Jon

wow you was lucky with the engine.. getting it to DG at just the right time!

the exhaust looks very nice! think all the other work is a great investment! Jon be interested to know more on the Wavetrac Diff

time to enjoy it now!!! :D

Good result there Jon, bet you feel relived with them finding that! :shock: all good in the end though.

Good result there Jon, bet you feel relived with them finding that! :shock: all good in the end though.

Yeah very rarely do i stand and rev the engine with the bonnet open so..lesson learnt, still shouldnt have happened though

wow you was lucky with the engine.. getting it to DG at just the right time!

the exhaust looks very nice! think all the other work is a great investment! Jon be interested to know more on the Wavetrac Diff

time to enjoy it now!!! :D

The wavetrac diff feels great, off the line no wheel spin atall, tucks nicely into the twisty bends aswell

Completely forgot to show everyone this pic aswell this is what Dave and Graham found when they went to replace my front wheel bearings 4mm cut into a 6mm thick shaft not good

DSC04278.jpg

DSC04277.jpg

A nearly new one was used as a replacement as the one above wasnt very...well safe