CorradoDriver

Whats the worst thing youve done to ur corrado

After recently having just had some spray work done including the rear bumper I went to a friends house to change the rear calipers. As I was getting the old calipers out of the boot I didnt notice them leaking fluid out onto the freshly painted bumper. That was annoying.

I dropped the little white plastic spacer thing on the end of the striker pin on a passenger door handle I was trying to fit into the crevice in the door. Never found it and thus rendered the whole handle useless as it wont work without the spacer. Had no working outer handle for months on the passenger side, very embarassing.

Let kwikfit change the oil on my birthday as i couldnt be botherd to level the car up on jacks because its low ! Went for a drive while the bird was cooking me a nice meal only to find he had not put the cap back on !!! Ate tea at lightning pace and left her eating while i spent 3 hours cleaning the bay

Not my corrado but in my old saxo vts drove it down the drive and somehow manage to hit the house lol dents and scratches from back of the door all over the rear quarter and bumper

I got out threw the keys and walked in the house got a mate to pick me up and went out didnt even look until about three hours later

For my first one, the worst thing I did was I sold it!

The second one the worst thing was not getting the alloys sorted before they ruined my good tyres.

A few years ago I stupidly stripped a thread in the hub. Replaced it which was a mission in itself fiddling with cheapo bearing extractors and hub pullers (halfrauds). By the time I was finally finished I was tired and ****ed off...then when hastily putting the wheel back on I stripped a thread AGAIN which needed another fecking hub...an expensive lesson but now I always take care when putting wheels back on!

ETA: also did the seemingly common leaving of the oil cap on the inlet manifold. Noticed after a mile but dear god did it make a huge mess!

Cleaning my car one day and decided to clean the bay up abit. Never open your bonnet with the wipers still up!! Takes two nice strips of paint off :(

Did this on my old Golf too!

On the last MK2 Golf, I spent ages trying to find a replacement wing in the same colour to replace the rusted pattern wing that was fitted. Once I found one, I spent an afternoon swapping it over. I started to drive the Golf into the lockup and forgot I put the old wing against the wall. Result: massive scratch down the new wing caused by the one I had just taken off.

got my new compomotives on from the group buy , curbed one less than 20 miles later .

changed the temp sensers, left one of the rubber seals in by mistake , then fitted the new ones , so one had two seals on ! 5 miles later the pressure built up n blew it out of the housing , temp warning light flashing , steam everywhere. what a numpty .

just last sunday setting off for work my c got 5 meters car stalled then wouldn't start, battery was flat got my brother to come out with jump leads started to line it up with his car as i pushed it back, the door swung out scraped the paint down the side of is van and off my door, with him watching and both vehicles having just been sprayed, damn what a s**t start to the day.

Normally I'm the only one to drive my Rado, the only other person to have driven it since I've owned it is Dave16v (the previous owner)

A week or so ago I had to stay late at work, I was covered in paint as I'd been in paint shop all day so asked one of the lads to move my car round to the front of the factory.

He promptly reversed it into another car, scratching the one perfect panel on the car.

Not happy with him, more annoyed with myself after. Thats what you got for letting other people move your motor!

Reversed my girlfriends mk4 Golf straight into the front of it (my drive is a bit of a bitch and she didn't want to reverse into anything!), not long after we met!

Left a socket on my top mount nut and shut the bonnet, lovely outward dent.

Opened the back door of my discovery and just let go over the bonnet, I must have forgoton that the bonnet curves! Nice dent in the middle now.

........she didn't want to reverse into anything!...

I wouldnt put up with that, hope you didnt stay with her long ......

.......I'l get my coat and grow up now !! :bonk:

Lost it! After driving around for ages trying to find a parking space at the Pittenweem Arts Festival finally got a space and rushed off. Later on I couldn't remember where I'd put it. Fortunately it's not a big place and after a frantic half hour found it again.

Drove my first one down the M1 on the way back from uni at high speed with no oil cap on, complete with James Bond style smokescreen out the back. Spent ages cleaning the engine bay and replacing downed electrical components..... only to do it again a few months later :epicfail:

Drove round a roundabout a little to quickly in the wet with worn rear tyres, resulting in a lary Tokyo Drift round the outside of a 206.

While driving the Storm back home for the first time, the Sat Nav took me down a lovely twisty country road. I duly applied the noisy peddle, only to fly over a massive jump, knocking off the sump plug.

On a similar although much more satisfying note; I saw a VXR Astra come hooning up behind me on a nice twisty peak district road a while ago. I nailed it for a couple of corners, resulting in the Astra understeering onto a grass verge whist trying to follow. :awesome:

took the starter off and fitted a new un, because it woudnt turn sometimes.the new un just clicked,i thought what a load of crap and put old un back on to find it just clicked still.missis said whats this wire behind the battery.it was the 1 i had tucked behind to keep it off the battery terminals.fitted it and it worked fine then refitted the new starter

I'll get tube of the year award for this, but hey. This happened about 4 years ago, no excuse but over cooked it coming out the roundabout on a slightly damp road. Doink.

Was very lucky, it hit the tree truck at fairly low speed and square on, so new bumper, bonnet, cross member and slam panel and I was back in action. Was very lucky I never hurt anyone else too :(

Absolutely not my proudest moment, have calmed down a lot since then.

th_7fb17ee1.jpg

Was running my G60 with a stripped out interior... Just picked up a box of noodles from a takeaway (in one of those fancy american style noodle boxes). Was in a rush so I put it in the door cavity under the window mech.... Decided it was hot and rolled the leccy window down. Got to where I was going to find the box had been crushed by the window to the point where I had noodles all over the inside of the door. Lovely :)

Left the cap off the header tank and did two laps of the ring!!!

god bless the AA and their european breakdown policy saving me the £1600 recovery cost :)

As my car (like many) is low, the jack i have wont fit right under to jack it up. So i put it under the part of the wing where it meets the sill. Done this many times using a bit of card as a cushion between the 2. Today i got it slightly wrong and the part of the wing is was resting on collapsed and push upwards. Making the sill part of the wing bulge out a bit, and has cracked the paint, but on a part you cant really see. But i can see it rusting.

Im fcking furious with myself!!!! Im just glad i can fit another wing, but rather it didnt happen all. ANyone got a bordeaux coloured late drivers wing?

As my car (like many) is low, the jack i have wont fit right under to jack it up. So i put it under the part of the wing where it meets the sill. Done this many times using a bit of card as a cushion between the 2. Today i got it slightly wrong and the part of the wing is was resting on collapsed and push upwards. Making the sill part of the wing bulge out a bit, and has cracked the paint, but on a part you cant really see. But i can see it rusting.

Im fcking furious with myself!!!! Im just glad i can fit another wing, but rather it didnt happen all. ANyone got a bordeaux coloured late drivers wing?

Or get one of these :) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unitec-Profile-Hydrualic-Trolley-Jack/dp/B001KXHRS4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1309419072&sr=8-2