Sign in to follow this  
yeti

Yeti's back in a VAG Daily

car looks great on the rc's!

is the drive any different compared to when you were running the rx2's?

Looks awesome on the new rims dude 8)

Oh and that Leon in your pics looks amazing ;)

cheers dude... yeah dont look bad for a family car ;) lol it was a fun drive home with you in my mirrors... need to get some of your brakes for mine now :)

They look awesome Andy! Atleast you know the rx2's have gone to a good owner ay :wink: :lol:

yep i know they'll be looked after! and constantly cleaned and polished :lol:

car looks great on the rc's!

is the drive any different compared to when you were running the rx2's?

cheers man, yeah the turn in is less sharp and its not quite as nimble, o and if you lower it as much as i have attacking bumpy corners scrubs the wheels on the arches... apart from that it feels far more stable at speed and is far easier to live with on my daily commute to work and uni, speedhumps arent an issue unless they're the tortoise shell ones, i'll pick a different route 8)

Andy, looking good, can't wait to see what they look like in the flesh!

Will have to get mu finger out and sling teh Borbets on to see what they are like...

Re: Turn-in what tyres are you running? IIRC Toyo T1S? Might be down to that "Soft" sidewall compered to the Dunloops! But should give a slightly more mellow ride..

Andy, looking good, can't wait to see what they look like in the flesh!

Will have to get mu finger out and sling teh Borbets on to see what they are like...

Re: Turn-in what tyres are you running? IIRC Toyo T1S? Might be down to that "Soft" sidewall compered to the Dunloops! But should give a slightly more mellow ride..

cheers man, they look good in the flesh apart from the nearside rear, its seen a few kerbs aroudn the lips over its short life so i'm on the look put for a new wheel for tha corner, but in no rush, yeah they're t1-s's the turn itn might be due to the side walls, it'd make sense as it really is far more comfortable on the motorway now

i let my dad take it for the day last week and as i was driving back home i saw him come round a corner as i was pulling out of a junction, i looked twice thinking wow that looks awesome then i realised it was mine! couldnt stop smiling for a while, th wheels actually seem to make it look smaller which is cool!

i let my dad take it for the day last week and as i was driving back home i saw him come round a corner as i was pulling out of a junction,

... sideways... :lol:

Well my lil bro passed his test last week so he got himself a olop... let the fun and games begin...

Its the last of the line mk4 99 on a V plate, 1.4 8v and completely standard, with fsh, lots of bills and old mots.... but because of the rather obvious dent on the door and wing i haggled a bargain 8)

olop_1.jpg

i have a straight wing and door in red to go on there and thanks to just_say_meh will have these BBs RZ's soon ready for blasting and painting, it will be simply and subtley tweaked but should look alot more attractive within a month or two :-)

interesting that my younger brother also has a polo 6n as his first car :lol:

i was looking for a mk3 1.4 but insurance is even more expensive on them! and they're good little cars :-)

.... o i would have changed the title on the thread but cant remember how... mods??

well for now this is my inspiration... just found it on google... preferably without the weird euro bloke in it!!

polo_rz.jpg

well for now this is my inspiration... just found it on google... preferably without the weird euro [strike:15tpeq19]bloke[/strike:15tpeq19] Dwarf in it!!

polo_rz.jpg

Nice, like I said coilies are the way forward, £200 from E38... That roof comes from the "open" or "open air" model... full electric webasto jobbie, prone to leaking into the rear (friend had one for 3 months and it died electrically first really heavy rains we got!)

I still have yet to figure out how either let alone both of you will fit into this ya pair of lanky buggers! :lol:

Go the Teddy-bear route... go on dare you!

Loving the new alloys, suit the corrado so well.

Ill see you at UD then, looks like im bringing the alloys down for andy for you! :lol:

Well its been a while since i updated this thread, since then the C's had a major service and brake fluid change, new powerflex rear bushes, kw front and rear arb's and poly bushes, new drop links, eurospec 312 front and 280 rear brakes, carbon fibre and leather front seats and i'm finishing off a set of 17 x 9.5" splits to go on 8) i'll get pics on here soon but for now heres a pic of what 120000 miles does to a set of rear subframe bushes :pale: lol!

yep the TT shop have done a great job with it and Big Dave is determined to finish the bloody thing :) i can only hope i can bring it down sunday... will probably be in the pisrat though :(

Still one of my favorite C's now its on the RC's - only looked 'OK' before ;) :lol:

Kinda makes me feel tempted to come back to the fold in a year or so...

yep the TT shop have done a great job with it and Big Dave is determined to finish the bloody thing :) i can only hope i can bring it down sunday... will probably be in the pisrat though :(

You'd better not be if you have the Rado back... weather's supposed to be good too! :wave: