Sign in to follow this  
yeti

Yeti's back in a VAG Daily

Its a 1994 M plate VR6 in Metallic Black, i bought it back at the start of december 2006 with 108k and a FSH off a middle aged chap who'd owned it for just over 2 years, he barely used it, he kept it in a garage and only covered 8k! It was standard bar a decent head unit and amp and he'd put a stainless exhaust system and filter on it because his son told him it sounded better!

The past 2 months have been a bit hectic trying to get it modfied to how i wanted it but i think i'm nearly there now so i thought i'd post some pics

Mods

K&N Induction Kit

Magnex Stainless Steel Exhaust

Weitec Hicon GT's

BBS RXII's (Mk3 Golf Anniversary Versions - 16x7)

Dunlop Sport SP9000's 215 40 16

Smoked Laminex Front Lights / Fogs / Indicators

Uprated Front loom

Smoked Side Repeaters

Red Clearcoat painted rear lights

Lupo GTI wipers

Nissan Xtrail mk1 Beesting Aerial

Raid Dino Steering Wheel

New Original gearknob

Sony Single CD Head Unit

Sony 10 Disc Changer

Profile 4 Amp

2x Alpine D's 10" Subs

This is how it looked when i first bought her, next to my old GTI, poor quality pictures :( cant really see how dirty she is :lol:

GTIORVR61.jpg

GTIORVR62.jpg

And this is how she looks now :D a bit better i think!

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

A few Shots of the interior - and yes i know i need to hoover the floor!

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

Nice, liking the stance and the rims, keep up the good work..

How far you lowered it on the Weitecs, would you recommend them??

Cheers Goldie, i just set it so it looked right to be honest not sure the exact heights, i'll get it out on the road later with a tape measure (then my neighbors will know i've gone mad!)

Thanks mtc R32, thats what i was going for, not too in your face but IMO how it should have come out the factory - although i'm still not sure about the front end :? it's only bn like that for 2 weeks so i'll give it a bit longer and maybe get someone to drive it up and down the street so i can see it in motion

As for recomending the weitecs Goldie,... they do seem good maybe a little too soft though - kind of bounce over bumps, i had a fully adjustable Spax RSX kit on my old goof and you could play with the damping on that and i had it set pretty hard so it kind of just skipped over the bumps. But then again the spax kit could rattle your fillings out and this is far more comfortable and still very chuckable on the odd twisty bit although atm i havent been driving that enthusiasticly around bends as the roads are bloody slippy! The little bit of give kind of suits the C, the golf always felt on edge where as the C seems to just be able to cruise around with a lot of power in reserve!

When you compare the cost to other kits its still not a super cheap option but speak to Darran at G-werks and he should be able to sort out a good deal, the quality of the parts seems superb though and as with any decent coilover set up its very easy to changer the height!

Plus they're a very funky Green colour!

WEITECHICONGT.jpg

Hey rob your C looked sweet when i saw it last weekend on the way back from mk, the smoked front makes it look very moody! as for the weitecs i've loving th height difference - i'm no longer embarrased to be driving a 4x4! but like i've said above i've got to give them a bit more time really, i'm taking it down to uni on tuesday morning so i'll see what its like on some decent roads (most of the roads round bedford are aweful!!)

Thats fair enough double-6s and GIXXERUK to be honest i do feel a little bit chavy when a few people have asked and i've said no they're not painted its just stick on film but the good thing is it's removable and it also gives the lights a little protection, for the price of them i'm not gonna mind if i decide to bin them after a little while but at the moment i still like them

mk3 yeti, really like what you've done mate , it looks classy apart from the tints but hey its just my opinion :-) the lights are pretty crap without them wearing sunglasses :-)

i like where you're going with it apart from that , just needs a hoover and get some gliptone on those leathers ! they'll feel much nicer and not so shiney :salute:

And this is how she looks now :D a bit better i think!

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

A few Shots of the interior - and yes i know i need to hoover the floor!

DSC00395.jpg

I'm kinda liking those front tints..... tbh I think it only works well on a black car tho...

I think it would look better without the fogs etc tinted - just the mains.

Its like the t*t debate though - are small or large better? None. They're all good :)

Yeah your right Bally, it might be to low though, i grounded the cat out today on bumps at Hatfield uni - might have to raise it a bit :( or i'll probably just not take it on any routes with speed bumps! - how the hell do you get anywhere in yours?

The weitecs are holding up well i'm getting used to the ride quality, quite a bit more harsh but thats what i was expecting, i dont think the C was though as it's developed some rattles! ah reminds me of driving the goof! The roadholding seems to be more stable with these on, but in this weather its hard to tell!

As for the tints i'm stll in 2 minds has anyone got any pics of a lowered C on my wheels with the standard lights? thing is i put the tints on before the wheels and suspension so i cant really imagine what it might look like!

As for the tints i'm stll in 2 minds has anyone got any pics of a lowered C on my wheels with the standard lights? thing is i put the tints on before the wheels and suspension so i cant really imagine what it might look like!

I have done a photoshop for you mate so you can get the idea of how yours would look with standard lights. Im in 2 minds about mine as well, i wasnt too keen on all lights tinted so i removed the fogs/indicator tints and thats made it look less busy up front, my lights are still dismal though :lol: but i still might take my headlight tints off so i can see, but i wanna get my moneys worth out of them first :lol:

Rob.

Yeah your right Bally, it might be to low though, i grounded the cat out today on bumps at Hatfield uni - might have to raise it a bit :( or i'll probably just not take it on any routes with speed bumps! - how the hell do you get anywhere in yours?

The weitecs are holding up well i'm getting used to the ride quality, quite a bit more harsh but thats what i was expecting, i dont think the C was though as it's developed some rattles! ah reminds me of driving the goof! The roadholding seems to be more stable with these on, but in this weather its hard to tell!

hey mate... thats the bummer with runing VR's low... :roll:

I dont have any probs.. been running the corrado low 3yrs this year :lol:

myn started to rattle alot after doing the coilovers.. sound deadend most of myn.. i do get the odd noise here & there.. which I plan to sort this year!!

as for the lamp tints.. dont look to bad on yr car.. Im just not keen on the tinted lamp idea.. I would take them apart if you havent done so already & paint inside the lamps like pic attached of myn...

cheers

Bally

Whilst a wee bit drunk at the scorcher Jon (vwdeviant) kindly offered me some polish and i spent most of the afternoon cleaning it, doesnt look too bad i think :) after this week i'll have the new brakes on and seeing other peoples engine bays at the weekend i think its about time i made it look a lil better under the bonnet and give it a bit more go :)

fronthanger.jpg

sidehanger1.jpg

rearcorner1.jpg

rearcorner2.jpg

sidehanger2.jpg

Yep love the wheels too, had them in the garage when i bought it, never looked quite right at the standard ride height but the coilovers helped that!

The last pic highlights a niggle i've always had, is it just me or does the front bumper sit low on mine, i've noticed a few valvers with the shut lines a lot tighter, if this really is standard does anyone know is there anything i can do to make it smaller?

its always noticed by fellow car nuts and they ask if its been crashed, i was told and it looks like original paint apart from one rear corner which i noticed had a bit of overspray at the weekend :( but thats almost impossible to spot

Is almost a shame that those pics are inside Andy as I think the paintwork on your car is amazing and at least equal to anyone elses I've seen, so pics in the sun would have looked great too!

Regarding the bumper, I think quite a few sit low whether its because they've been off at some point for work or repair, or just because thats how they came. We noticed quite a few "gappy" ones at one of the shows earlier in the year (cant remember which!) so not unusual. Don't know if its something you can fix by removing and refitting it yourself though..

Hey Andy, no worries about lending you my mega-expensive polish... (Ok I'm not quite into the "Wax perv/Car Molester" levels of Rob) Now remember your pay-back for that? A weekend of you sitting in Overstone Park with 4 Estorils, a bucket of water and some wet & Dry... :lol:

these are the last pics of my toy with the rxII's at players this year :(

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

DSC00274.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

... the new wheels are awesome though 8) 17x7.5 BBS RC's... i can get over speedhumps now :)

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

DSC00312.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

just boring driveway shorts ufortunately, drove past a golf club and thought i'd take some more scenic shots

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

o well now i like the outside and it stops well i need to find my new seats 8)