Sign in to follow this  
yeti

Yeti's back in a VAG Daily

Still one of my favorite C's now its on the RC's - only looked 'OK' before ;) :lol:

Kinda makes me feel tempted to come back to the fold in a year or so...

ha ha! cheeky fool!... when your finished officially handing over half of your millions :wink: get down to edition38 and hopefully you'll see it's new look (this week i shall mostly be eating cabbages... lol, i think i'll go to bed now!) still love that photo of the LCR and the C bumper to bumper in front of the hanger... deffo looking their best that day!

o and jon, if i have an mot i will be in the C... if not i'll be in the labradoodle wagon, seriously if anything fails on the mot i'll be severly fooked off!!

deffo looking their best that day!!!

If only you knew what Lurked beneath...

Need to talk space in your unit too boy... About the size of a Rocco... should really get on with her! :nuts:

Finally spent some time fixing the wonderfull fuck up by the technician at the TT shop over the xmas break... the list of things they got wrong, which they claim they didnt make a mistake was as follows

Didnt grease rear bearing on one side leading to the beraing exploding damaging the stub and disc and tire where it dragged on the road

didnt remove old dust seal at the back of the stubs both sides

threw away my abs rings with the old discs

Snapped the heads off the brake bias box on the rear beam and have just left it like that!

Left the original arb on and strapped the new one on [edit] its meant to be done like that - my mistake!

and i think thats it for now.

Anyway, now i'm finished sharing their workmanship, the Rado is about to be converted over the next few months into a haldexed R32'd bit of fun :-)

Then providing i keep my job over the next year with this krispy kreme krunch hiting the automotive world badly it will be getting charged...

Rough list of parts sitting in the garage/loft atm

mk4 3.2 and all engine ancilleries

all 3 pedals

Gearbox and linkage

Full car loom

Clocks, indictors and keys

Dashboard, support bar and brackets

Steering Rack and column

Central tunnel/gearsurround and stowage box

Front and rear complete subframes (will be using rear brakes and something more tastey and lighter for the fronts)

Full haldex system Inc all 4 shafts + the 2 piece prop and rear controller

Newly refurbed 20yr old 17x9.5 wheels

Carbon buckets

I still need to speak to a guy i know about picking up his spare rallye rear runnin gear but i have enough to be starting... let the fun begin!!

This will be interesting, and hopefully the 'simplest' in terms of electrics of the 24v options. Seems yours will effectively be a complete R32 in a corrado chassis? If i had the time and money this is what i would do. Best of luck, i'm sure you'll make a good machine.

This will be interesting, and hopefully the 'simplest' in terms of electrics of the 24v options. Seems yours will effectively be a complete R32 in a corrado chassis? If i had the time and money this is what i would do. Best of luck, i'm sure you'll make a good machine.

thats the plan, make it as r32 like as possible all in the much better looking corrado shell!... not the easiest of things in the world but should make the electronics a bit easier as well as being able to use vag com in the future the diagnose issues! I love my corrado but the mechanicals feel old and creaky, a new heart and most other parts renewed or upgraded for mk4 items should make it feel v different!

$6m Corrado....

Dah-dah-dah-daaahhh... etc (Only applicable for those over 30 or so! :lol: )

I actually know what you mean.

:(

This should be interesting.

Will be interested in seeing pics of the haldex setup.

Are you doing all the work yourself?

did not realise you were doing the full haldex Andy, i will be following that very very closely :notworthy:

Going to be awesome mate, just like coxylaad's, you doing the dash too?

Corrado's even rarer site on the roads as this 1 will be off the road forever lol, just dont do a stoney.

Left the original arb on and strapped the new one on

Is that the rear one?

That's how they're supposed to fit?

Take it the TT shop paid for nowt in the end?

Anyway...looking forward to seeing this conversion mate, gives us a shout if you need any advice etc

Well in true corrado style i was refoaming the original seat this eve and the pigging bolster wire snapped off (2 welds were broken from my and the previous owners fat ass's no doubt! :roll: ) And i havent bought a welder yet - no i dont know how to weld but my mate whom i share my unit with has been a welder and fabricator for years so i'm leavign that to him!

So i think i will be going down to see mr deviant to borrow his front seats for the mot saturday... unless some kind soul near bedford or gaydon in warwick has 2 spare i may borrow for beer?

Left the original arb on and strapped the new one on

Is that the rear one?

That's how they're supposed to fit?

really? The fit of the new one looks perfect and exactly as expected. i looked at the original on my spare beam in the garage and it seems to be welded in. If thats the case then i'd imagine you cant remove it... my bad!

did not realise you were doing the full haldex Andy, i will be following that very very closely :notworthy:

yes karl i decided foolishly that my ultimate engine set up will be completely wasted without the 4wd!... let the fun begin!... it cant be that hard its just nuts and bolts right! :lol:

Going to be awesome mate, just like coxylaad's, you doing the dash too?

Corrado's even rarer site on the roads as this 1 will be off the road forever lol, just dont do a stoney.

Yes mate, i really like the shape of it and the closing vents, plus the climate control fits in nicely and the radio appeture is double din which will be usefull. This will see the light of day, i may well be single at the end of it though with the hours it'll need!

Take it the TT shop paid for nowt in the end?

Anyway...looking forward to seeing this conversion mate, gives us a shout if you need any advice etc

Cheers Sukh, would love to have a proper look under yours and see what was used and where!

Nope the TT shop didnt want to know. Cant really be arsed to persue it any further, managed to get the old stub off at the weekend by grinding the bearng remains off so i had access to the bolts and then hammering a 14mm socket on the old rusty round 15mm bolts, then all it took to fix it was stripping a spare beam of its stub axle and discs with bearings and abs cages still fitted and hey presto - the beasty lives enough to get an mot and then drive up to my unit to de disected...

$6m Corrado....

Dah-dah-dah-daaahhh... etc (Only applicable for those over 30 or so! :lol: )

I actually know what you mean.

:(

This should be interesting.

Will be interested in seeing pics of the haldex setup.

Are you doing all the work yourself?

Too young for the $6 dollar man sorry!

Yeah all work will be done my me and my mate Ed so that'll hopefully help having 2 people on it!

Hey man!! Loving that your gonna be making your rado 4wd and 24v!! Can't wait to see it finished!! (although it will make me soo jealous considering i've sold mine and miss it like mad!!!)

Good luck with the conversion buddy!!!

So i think i will be going down to see mr deviant to borrow his front seats for the mot saturday... unless some kind soul near bedford or gaydon in warwick has 2 spare i may borrow for beer?

Hang on BOTH front seats? :nuts: Tell you what, I'll bring some of my new interior up and we can fit that Saturday, whilst your beastie's being MOT'd how's that?

Go for it :-) we'll have yours done as we wait for mine back. the mot's booked in for 9 so can you get to mine for 9/9:30 so i can put the seats in and get there on time (mot's 10.30 but planned on being there about 10ish)

cheers dude

Just a minor update

The corrado has been mot'd last saturday (passed first time! :D ) so i can drive it straight away once the conversion is done!

It has now been tucked away in my unit to be stripped out, today i only had time to strip all the interior and seatbelts out but friday afternoon i should be able to get the front end off and engine removed ready to remove the wiring harness and fit the mk4 R32 one... happy times!

[total hours spent to date 30]

it_begins.jpg

o and i say 'fit the r32 one'.... but this is the pile of spaghetti thats going in!

DSC00796.jpg

he he..fun!

all for this!

DSC00792.jpg

Mmmmm, I love spaghetti! :lol:

Which R32 is that? Mk4 or Mk5? Are you going to be fitting just the engine loom, or are you going to retrofit most of the donor car?

Mmmmm, I love spaghetti! :lol:

Which R32 is that? Mk4 or Mk5? Are you going to be fitting just the engine loom, or are you going to retrofit most of the donor car?

The whole lots from an 03 plate mk4 R32 Stu, i will be installing the whole car loom, i was considdering installing the dash as well but i quite like the corrado's dash and i was thinking of just fitting the climate panel into it with the mk4 clocks, column and ignition barrel etc

The spaghetti mess will be layed out in my loft this week and labelled across the next few weeks so i know what i'm dealing with! - its gonna be a steep learning curve cos i havent done alot of car electrics in the past!...

But i thought with running the whole R32 drivetrain setup as well the loom'd be a good idea, at least i should be able to get rid of the dim C headlight problem

Thought you were waiting till after the 25th to make a start on this?? :(

Text Josh he may well have some VR bits from you too (Coil) ;)

Looking like you're gonna have a project here mate, lots of headscratching though but i'm sure it'll be worth it when you've finished!!!

I'll have to see it!! Good luck buddy!!

I wish i had as much wires as you :cry:

I've got the engine ready but i can't do anything until i find a wiring loom, where did you get all yours from?

The corrado has been mot'd last saturday (passed first time! :D ) so i can drive it straight away once the conversion is done!

but that implies you're going to have it finished by next january... :grin:

but that implies you're going to have it finished by next january... :grin:

A lot sooner than that John! (if he stops playing with Golfs and Passats! :p )

Well golfy is taxed mot'd insured and running sweet, polished and valleted and under a car cover to preserve the paint on the driveway!

The passat has just had its second new front wishbone after the other side collapsed! :epicfail: and will be recieving a whole manner of boom boom tune enhancing hardware to make by journey to work more enjoyable

Will be fooking around with corrado this friday... need to start some for sale posts for the old parts!... running out of space in the unit....

The C looks sorry for itself atm!

engine_out_2.jpg

engine_out.jpg

O and John... the aim is for edition this year :cuckoo: ... besides easter's coming. the nights are longer and warmer so i can be arsed to tinker in a shed and with the crispy crunch theres no OT atm so i have friday afternoons free :clap:

Basically this will drive me mad but i refuse to pay and let someone else build my car, just keep telling myself its jsut nuts and bolts right :-)