Sign in to follow this  
bustwell

*EDIT* Weitec advice

*EDIT*

Now looking for Weitec advice.

How do they handle and ride comfort/quality

Anyone got pics with their 40mm kit?

Need help, recently bought a C with standard shocks and Ventura springs which is extremly hard, bouncy and harsh. I need to change on a budget of £200ish and was thinking about the Gmax kit. There is also a guy on here philj that is doing suspension kits very cheap, anyone got any feedback on his kits?

Can anyone offer advice, can't live with the Venturas any longer :cry:

I had G-Max 40mm drop on my VR6 when i first got it and the ride was ok but the handling wasnt brilliant, was a bit sluggish and rolled a fair bit.

EDIT: Are the springs on yours lower than standards? If so thats your problem as the standard shocks are not designed to work with shorter springs so it will be completely w@nk!

Yep its standard shocks and -40mm ventura springs, I know the venturas are known to be harsh anyway.

Thus the reason I want something else, Gmax, Venom or something else

Yeah thats a dodgy set up as the rebound on the shocks wont be set up for short springs and the handling will severely suffer because of it. Best to get a set of shocks and springs together for better handling and ride etc.

Like i said the G-Max was fairly comfortable with a sporty feel still and handled ok but weren't even close to the coilovers i have on it now which hold the road superbly but are a harsh ride so coilovers wont be for you.

Strange I have stock shocks and -40mm springs (don't know what, they're red :D) and have a really good ride, ok the fronts could do with renewing though...

Could just be the previous owner just stuck springs on as a cheapo lowering job as opposed to doing both at the same time...

I put a G-Max kit on one of my G60s and regretted buying it straight away :? I wouldn't reccomend them.

I think, unless you're prepared to spend more than £200, you might aswell put up with the venturas. It would be a 'false economy' to replace them with another budget kit.

Have a look at the weitec kits, apparently they're one of the best 'budget' kits, though I think they're a bit more than £200

Don't bother with G-Max - I had them on mine and hated every minute of it.

I'd second Walesy advice about checking the Weitec kits. Very good by all opinions - contact g-man on here or give G-Werks a ring directly as I think they do them.

I have the Weitec Ultra GT set up from G-Works and it is spot on.

Not harsh at all, no unwanted vibrations rattles or teeth chattering and the car handles like a go-kart around corners.

I've driven lots of cars with uprated suspension and without doubt, this kit is one of the best.

The Weitec kit is good but the 4 cylinder kit is too low I think. We use the VR6 kit and convert the front top mounts to a mixture of Golf 3 and 4 parts (what we call a comfort kit) and then adjust the rear ride height to match the front. It works very well as I have been importing and fitting these for over ten years. I will give you a 10% discount off the normal retail as a Corrado forum member. You get a very comprehensive set of instructions with this kit when bought from us, specifically detailing how to fit it.

The Weitec kit is good but the 4 cylinder kit is too low I think. We use the VR6 kit and convert the front top mounts to a mixture of Golf 3 and 4 parts (what we call a comfort kit) and then adjust the rear ride height to match the front. It works very well as I have been importing and fitting these for over ten years. I will give you a 10% discount off the normal retail as a Corrado forum member. You get a very comprehensive set of instructions with this kit when bought from us, specifically detailing how to fit it.

As he said. I had a 16v weitec kit and it was too low. Put the VR kit in instead and it sat much better.

Pictures of before (std) and after are on the forum somewhere. Search my username for more.

Ride quality was OK but understandably harder than OEM.

My new 16v already had the 16v weitec kit fitted and it is 'bumpy'.

Will probably change to the VR springs soon.

Crasher, Where in Notts are you?

Dave, its C+R in Radford off Alfreton road.

Speak to Sham and tell him scott @ euro told you :wink:

Scott

Crasher, Where in Notts are you?

Dave, its C+R in Radford off Alfreton road.

Speak to Sham and tell him scott @ euro told you :wink:

Scott

Cheers Scott, I've been to C&R in the past.

Dave

I love my weitec kit, for the money i doubt you can get better, bit rough on some roads but then the roads round here resemble the surface of the moon! The handling is excellent.

Crappy phone pic but gives an idea of ride height...

[align=center]th_DSC00371-1.jpg[/align]

mine came with a 40mm weitec ultra gt kit - and i reckon its great for the money - not to harsh, or many rattles - impressed, and not going to coilover it now - height is just right i.m.o.

PICT0273.jpg

PICT0272.jpg

PICT0280.jpg

Sounds like Weitec could be the one to go for when I've got the cash together for suspension.

Ive got a vr6 weitec kit fitted to my valver and it gives a nice even drop

You want to speak to with Steve Creswell from C&R as i read somewhere its what

he recomended

Its ok not too harsh but im about to change the front shocks to koni ta's as they are shot

HTH Marc

ps Pm if youd like some pics

I've got the -40mm 4 cyl kit on my G60 and it's not too low.

If anything I couldn't get it low enough on the back, even on the lowest cup position.

Will get my arse in gear and take some photos and update my galery tomorrow.

I had weitec on my G60 now on my VR, both -40mm. Value for money less than 300.00 they cant be beaten imo.