zak

blackberry vr... 17" rs199's

Guys, you have to admit it still plays ball with the Porsche as VW intended in the first place......:)

Zak, dont make me post up those pics bro... :norty:

Get some fresh ones up with the dish!! 8)

bloody hell :notworthy: :notworthy:

Zak, you've changed your rear number plate to a larger font size? The old one looked better, imho.

Well spotted, back to UK Legal plates for me less hassle with the authorities :)

Thats beautiful bro. No scrubbing? Stock arches?

Its no wonder you didnt want to sell, it looks stunning. 8)

Since my last update Ive been using the vr6 for the daily commute to work covering around 600 - 700 miles per week. Overall the car has been quite reliable. I had to do a replace heater matrix and I had the misfortune of my drive shaft coming loose and knocking a hole in the gearbox. I swapped the box for one out of a lower mileage corrado and its been fine ever since. The previous box was a CCM code from a MK3 golf, the replacement is a CHN code from corrado and the ratios seem much better. I always assumed the ratios were the same but on the corrado box the car pulls much stronger than before.

Ive been having mixed feelings about he corrado as its not practical for what i need with my current circumstances but its driving better than ever so i will be keeping hold of it for now. When i do decide to sell i'll be looking at rwd diesel bmw's

Im also considering RWD bmws with a petrol straight 6 engine but when i think about my mileage i come back to the diesels :)

Can't you keep the rado as a weekend toy Zak? Yours is one of my favourites, just a really well put together package!

Awsome motor...Dont sell it!!! LOL

Also noticed you ran ZW1s for a while just wondered what size alloys / tyres you ran and if you needed spacers with coilovers?

Cheers

Sukh

Thanks Abdul not interested in keeping as a weekend car the fun in owning it has been driving it every day.

The zw1's were 8 x 17, as standard they come ET60 5x112 and you run the rh adapter/spacers to suit fitment. I ran mine with 25mm adapters which meant a final offset of et35 all round. Using toyo t1 205/40/17 tyres i had no clearance issues what so ever until i ran it really low. The wheels and tyres cleared my coilovers on the rear without any problems.

Cheers.

You will defo miss the corrado when its gone! for an old motor they still turn a lot of heads.

Stunning corrado, just been through all the pics. Could P/X it with my BMW 120D msport, 177BHP and 50+ gallon if you like!!

Thanks Abdul not interested in keeping as a weekend car the fun in owning it has been driving it every day.

I know what you're saying, company car soon for me hopefully and i've been looking foward to it so i can go crazy on the rado without any worries but then will i ever drive it keeps crossing my mind.... lol.

Which BMW are you after?

As it happens i'm considering a 1 series diesel but only as a friend is selling a highly specced LCI model that has factory sat nav and xenons amongst other things.I'm getting married this year so need to keep costs down for a while. This is a few months down the line so I'll still have the vr for the moment at least.

Yay, congratulations Zak. I'm getting married as well this summer - bloody expensive ain't it?!?! Lol

I had a 120d for a year or so as a company car. Good, solid car with a decent spec - always enjoyed the novelty of the external door handle lights when you hit the central locking remote.... One thing I found was that it never quite felt as stable at speed as my Rado (or indeed the mk4 I had before that). The rwd does seem to make them a bit twitchy, particularly in the wet when lane hopping or coming on and off slip roads. Still, definitey worth seeing how you get on for yourself.

Mark

Yay, congratulations Zak. I'm getting married as well this summer - bloody expensive ain't it?!?! Lol

X3 lol, Congrats fellas.

The 120D sports are awesome cars imo, very well rounded package if you don't need too much space inside...

Edited by Abdul

last pics before the wheels come off :)

IMG_7299.jpg

Beautiful! One of my favourites! An inspiration! You selling these wheels yet Zak

I'm selling the car so could sell the wheels seperately. They are 5x112, if you're interested drop me a pm

Contrary to my last post a few years ago i still have the car. Its been in storage for 3 years now. A quick oil change over the weekend and the car runs perfect except for the alternator which has failed while its been off the road. Alternator should be sorted this week and then a mot booked at the weekend. I haven't worked on a vr6 for so long, but its funny that i remember the engine inside out even after so long!

This picture is just after i pulled it out so still needs a thorough wash, excuse the drive as thats also work in progress

IMG_0878_zps3cb0f505.jpg