keystarG60

Calling all those with SWG scuttle cover...........

Before i order one, can you tell me what the fit was like. Did the quality meet your expectations??

If not what are the alternatives?

Ta

Mine fitted perfectly, And so did the one on the guy who bought the first one. I would heve been straight round to see swg if it didnt as I am only about 10 mins away. :lol: :lol:

TBH there has been some fitting issues and I think they might have been down to the nature of the corrado than the product. :lol: I think these have now been resolved with a revised product.

Tim

Ok thats good to know.

My only concern now is that it looks a bit too glossy. Not quite OEM if you know what i mean.

satin black paint?

The early first batch ones had a few fitting issues as they were based on a G60 scuttle area, the new ones have been re-designed to fit all corrado scuttle areas so don't worry about that.

Mine fits perfectly, I do have a G60 tho ! great piece of kit sprayed mine same colour as the car looks the dogs danglies

Mine fits well. Someone on here painted theirs with a kind of dark grey textured paint that made it look like the oEM plastics- not sure who though!

Alternatives are MK2 Golf scuttle cover + Passat wiper cover. This is an excellent combo that looks completely factory.

I've recently looked at the SWG one, but the gloss finish put me off, would love to see a photo with a corrado with MK2 Golf scuttle cover + Passat wiper cover installed though!

i'm after one as well, might be worth seeing if there is enough people for a group buy. I'll give SWG an email & see what kind of discount they can offer. I'll report back.

Wouldn't mind seeing some pics of the Golf scuttle cover + Passat wiper cover combo and a body coloured SWG one if anybody has them.

Might be in for a group buy if the price is right.

I've recently looked at the SWG one, but the gloss finish put me off, would love to see a photo with a corrado with MK2 Golf scuttle cover + Passat wiper cover installed though!

Some pics of the MK2 scuttle on my old valver are here: http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?25098-Cazza-s-Storm-vRS-SOLD-(-BBS-RC-s-Fully-Refurbed-and-On-8)/page66&highlight=cazza%27s+storm

Don't think I've got any of the Passat cover though :(

Was the VR6 originally supplied with a scuttle cover? I have checked a few photos on autotrader and ebay and all the cars just have a piece on the left hand side.

Was the VR6 originally supplied with a scuttle cover? I have checked a few photos on autotrader and ebay and all the cars just have a piece on the left hand side.

No scuttle cover ! Just the small rain tray over the heater,

Really like the look of the MKII tray. Don't suppose they're still available are they? I know Heritage have done them in the past but they're showing as unavailable on their site...

Really like the look of the MKII tray. Don't suppose they're still available are they? I know Heritage have done them in the past but they're showing as unavailable on their site...

Still available on ebay

I’ve heard back from SWG this morning & they are willing to do a 10% discount for 10+ covers & a 25% discount for 20+ Covers. I shall create a group buy thread & see if anyone else is interested.

Over & out.:afro: