Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

someone reversed into my parked car n drove off....

parked my car in a car park. came back to see a note under wiper. a whitness saw someone scratch my bumper when reversing and drove off, they got the numberplate. what do i do?

report it to the police mate

have u got the witnesses details aswell?

Yup that's the best plan.

The police will send them a letter ref driving away from the scene of an accident which is a criminal offence, it will also be a good idea to inform your insurance company and pass on the details the witness left - that should allow you to get it all fixed up if they are insured.

- that should allow you to get it all fixed up if they are insured.

Or visit them with a baseball bat if they're not :lol:

parked my car in a car park. came back to see a note under wiper. a whitness saw someone scratch my bumper when reversing and drove off, they got the numberplate. what do i do?

buy the witness some cadburys roses

Contact Police they should get owners details. Put to insurance , guess they will not take action.Look at costs and if needed take out a small claims. I witnessed the same recently and went to court to give statement.Judge found in favour and awarded all costs.Worth the rtrouble trust all of you would do the same. Anyone who damages and drives off without leaving details wants ######.Good luck

Barstewards..

Do all three,

Chocs for witness.....

Visit the person, not to give him a slap but tell them your not happy with what he did.....iv'e done it twice and the embarressment is priceless.

Sort it with police & insurance company.

Good luck with it.

give it to your insurance company, they will contact the owner of the car and inform the police if needed. More than likely they'll send them a solictors letter.

- that should allow you to get it all fixed up if they are insured.

Or visit them with a baseball bat if they're not :lol:

fireworks and a bonfire is more likely..

cool cheers guys, luckily ts not actually my car, its my dads new fiesta, but couldn't be arsed explainging that. il get dad to phone his insurance details.

we got all the details of the whitness so he will help.

thanks again guys.

It's nice to know that someone was good enough to leave details, even if it was the witness and not the offender. Too many of these go "I parked my car down tescos and when I returned it had a big dent and there was nuffin left by nobody to say who done it". :(

It's nice to know that someone was good enough to leave details, even if it was the witness and not the offender. Too many of these go "I parked my car down tescos and when I returned it had a big dent and there was nuffin left by nobody to say who done it". :(

Tell me about it, just wish someone had seen the cock who drove into my C then pissed off without leaving details.

Tell me about it, just wish someone had seen the cock who drove into my C then pissed off without leaving details.

likewise :(

best of luck getting it all sorted