Yandards

Yandards' Nugget G60 - gone but not forgotten..

Are mk2 8v fuel pumps not the same/similar looking at part numbers?

Perhaps that might lower the price if a new pump is needed. Sorry to hear you're having problems though.

Its not the ecu relay is it?

the ecu has to ground pin 85 on the fp relay to get the fp to prime/run.

Nope the ISV is buzzing, only place ISV gets a signal from is the ECU therefore the relay must be working ok.

good point well presented. :)

cool.

I take it u can you hear or feel that fp relay click as well ?

Just brain storming.. I know you know the car as well as anyone. :)

My fuel pump was expensive :(

you gonna get one of your generous rado friends to loan you one of their pumps or just take the plunge?

My rado just has the single pump which is the same as a VR one.Not sure if yours will be the same as its and earlier G60 isn't it?

Thanks for the offers folks and the pointers. :)

Checked it again last night and broke the fuse (no 18) when pulling it out of the holder - I am guessing its the one that was in there when it left the factory and it is very brittle compared to the one I borrowed from the radio circuit to replace it with. I hadnt tried the ignition before checking the fuse so I cant say if it was the fuse or not :?

So I am not sure if it was the metal on the fuse being fatigued through age or that it is a random fault and has fixed itself for the moment, dont really want to be changing a perfectly serviceable fuel pump on a whim so I think I will eave the multimeter in the car and wait and see if the problem is fixed.

I'm sure Toady was talking some some kind of LPG-based rodent elimination tool the other weekend :lol:

Good man, thought it might be a fuse as I suggested on the phone... 15 years old now, it's worth changing all fuses, critical relays etc for new ones - no messin.

I'm sure Toady was talking some some kind of LPG-based rodent elimination tool the other weekend :lol:

The rodentator, it's a lance connected to propane and oxygen bottles, you fill rodent nests up with the gas and ignite. Only legal in this country if the nest is empty. Makes a big bang and the ground shake. Might not be a good idea to fill your garage with propane and then light it though

Might not be a good idea to fill your garage with propane and then light it though

Especially if you have an almost complete and mint Corrado 16VG60 in there plus about £10k's worth of new VW parts plus another 2 grand invested in Autoglym :lol:

PMSL.

Pest control bloke arrived yesterday and poked some bait into the roof space aboe the utility room, just need to leave it a while and rip the roof down I think. Still have not got any internal lights, likely it doesnt really get dark up here at this time of year.

Got some jobs lined up for the daily before its gets unsorned at the end of this month, its been laid up whilst I was away and will have been off the road since the middle of last September!!

Got a few shinny parts to fit, some centre console aftermarket gauges for boost and oil pressure, an AFR gauge (switch blank type) and a new lambda probe to go on. Still toying with the idea of sending the cylinder head off to the man in the shed to get rebuilt and ported, but I am still ordering lots of odd bits for the 16vG60 so that is looking less likely.

I have got some brand new G60 rims to go on it, still in their VAG boxes right now, so I will be having a wheel clear out next month as I have a set of G60s, the fondmetal jobs that are currently on the G60 and a set of Golf BBS RAs..

Could do with a good wash and polish, but its laster better for not having been cacked with salt over the winter :clap:

Got these yesterday afternoon :clap:

Seems almost criminal to put them on the car..

yes criminal.

Don't.

I'll store them for you in my wheel arches.

Got these yesterday afternoon :clap:

Seems almost criminal to put them on the car..

yes criminal.

Don't.

I'll store them for you in my wheel arches.

:rofl:

Not keen on that storage location.. :)

Got a couple of other mods in hand (new cat bypass, zorst, AFR gauge in dash blank, centre console gauges) to fit but I discovered a small puddle underneath the front of the car last weekend, looks like the thermostat housing seal is leaking so I have had that off and a new one is one order. Took the oportunity to shot blast and paint up the aluminium PAS bracket whilst it was off, need to do the other steel ones so they look nice and shinny too.

Got a nice OEM mod in hand for the wiper motor, involving a cover from another VW, already checked it fits and it does cover the existing motor nicely. Aside from that I am just looking forward to driving it again after its been laid up for 6 months now.

Future work in the next few months will hopefully involve fitting the cloth Recaros that simon on here is selling when he breaks his car and maybe a full suspension rebuild with OEM stuff over the summer. Still want to do the head and gasket along with the zorst and inlet manifold port matching to a tweaked head, but looking at the process Drewie had applied to his manifold to keep the surface radiated heat down by up to a 1/3rd less than standard, might get the downpipe done too.

Not that this much of a list of its expensive :)

Oh and finish, map, get a charger rebuilt on a certain 16vG60 too :cuckoo: :?

:bad-words: :bad-words: :mad2:

That just about sumarises my current mood.

Ordered an aftermarket exhaust from a well known exhaust manufacturer to fit to the G60 so I could put the milltek back onto the 16vG60, so I took today off work to get that sorted prior to putting the nugget back on the road tomorrow.

After getting the milltek off without too much of a fight I started fitting up the new system alongside the removed milltek to get the length correct. Now the instructions with the exhaust say you need to trim 13cm from the end of the first silencer pipe as early G60s had a shorter cat so they make the exhaust to fit those and you cut it down. Now I know that the difference in length between the 2 cats is in fact 25cm, (51cm and 76cm) so where this 13cm comes from I have no idea. Nevermind I will hang it on the car and see what it looks like, at this point it goes from bad to worse, not only is it too long (and if I had to give a figure I would say around 12cm too long) but the final hanger for the back box is welded so far around the pipe that with the tailpipe sat in the bumper cutout the hanger sits above the height of the hanger on the car - and that's without any rubber inbetween and not considering the bloody thing is too long.

Suffice to say I am mighty fecked off, I now can't drive my G60, have wasted a days leave and stand no chance of getting it sorted before the weekend.

Please find some pictures below for you to laugh/empathise with

Bummer.

That exhaust is miles out... Can it go back? Will you try to replace it with another brand?

I take it you are going to send them those pics mate?

Thats not even close. :?

Yeah emailed them last night with the pics, no reply yet.

I am just about to head out and check the part numbers on the boxes to make sure they are the right ones.

Toady, as for another supplier there is only 1 that makes exhausts for early corrados now. :(

I take it you are going to send them those pics mate?

Thats not even close. :?

Yeah emailed them last night with the pics, no reply yet.

I am just about to head out and check the part numbers on the boxes to make sure they are the right ones.

Toady, as for another supplier there is only 1 that makes exhausts for early corrados now. :(

Who is that Yan? PM me if you don't want to put brands up here. Cheers mate :salute: