Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

Stunning motor! Pretty much how I'd like mine to look like. I want these wheels also - 8.5 out back is a good choice IMO, what ET did you go for?

Also, did you get all the arches rolled when you had the respray done?

Sorry for the late reply! I didn't know you had asked anything! Honestly! I can't remember what the et is I'll find it and let you know,

I haven't been to the car in a few weeks, we had booked the van in for its interior retrimming, had the topmounts changed and we enquired about the odd noise that it was making. The gearbox is about shafted so we've got a £1000 bill to pay for that, this means no Corrado joy for a few months I think :(

Van paid for by a stroke of luck and hsbc cocking up a loan I had some years ago! The car has to be out of the garage it was in so I've spent the past couple of weeks moving it and all my tools and bits across

The garage isn't as good as the old one I had before but it's only 8 miles from home rather than 20 which is a bonus!

734ede6f2ea86e813d0b46311885818c.jpg0999c021115008472f54334025457ab5.jpg

been back today. the spark plugs have seized in (school boy error not removing them when the engine came out) so im looking at keeping spraying them with pentrating fluid to try and get them out.

Gave it a wipe over and fitted the car cover i got for xmas which is supposed ot be a breathable lightweight cover.

Other than that i got fed up saw my arse and told El i couldnt be bothered and just wanted to see the back of it!

In some respects it true but others i need to drive it again but the longer it is the less i care that its off the road..

Car's looking good mate, and the garage looks pretty good as well. Certainly better than mine!

Couple of folk now getting to the end of their tethers with the old rado at the moment, me included, but a drive might help.

Took mine out this morning for the first time in a while. Not sure it helped, or just made me more uncertain, but I enjoyed it still.

Just get it done and then park it up before ypu get lost in a new house and all that comes with it mate

I can assure you once you get a house you will wonder how the **** you ever mamaged to play with cars in the first place

Plus it will be mega when its all fone and you will find the love again

Took mine out this morning for the first time in a while. Not sure it helped, or just made me more uncertain, but I enjoyed it still.

did you not learn the 1st time? ;)

Just get it done and then park it up before ypu get lost in a new house and all that comes with it mate

I can assure you once you get a house you will wonder how the **** you ever mamaged to play with cars in the first place

Plus it will be mega when its all fone and you will find the love again

yup I can vouch for that!

I have a constant battle & struggle in trying to juggle jobs refurb'ing the house I brought last year, keeping the VR running & looking nice (well err looking as nice as I can get it), & trying to restore the valver

that said, each time I even think about maybe selling the rado / s I just cant entertain driving a car that doesn't make me turn round & look at it with a big smile each time I walk away from it nor one that feels lifeless & unresponsive in comparison

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

I desperately want to get this sorted if nothing else. For vw festival. I can't organise a stand and not be part of it!

Well thanks to Dave! Productive day, got the spark plugs out finally, and they have seen better days I must say!

Dave bled the coolant a bit more and changed the rad fan switch and ran it. Still had a misfire which turned out to be one of the injectors wasn't plugged in.

Put it all back together and still has a small miss fire. all we could put it down to is one of the injectors is either blocked or faulty!

Fans now work when they should which makes me so much happier about it! Just need a new injector now to see if that sorts it out :)

7e79899cbc4a4db83e4da459d67028df.jpg65af4e856f4fd0bd06795993df416339.jpg014606c9fa98babab0c5bfbc283c7b1a.jpgbf8eb4d7e26c5812b8a870f8dbc0579f.jpg

Gonna check at work tomorrow how much a new injector is. Will try the rail with the injectors stuck in the rail and swap them round to make sure it is that single injector and not the rail

Ay up Phil, You can test your injectors and rail by removing the rail and turning the car over. Set up some empty bottles under the injectors and look for squirts.

Injectors can stick if left dry this test will help you see which if any have stuck

Are they a powerful squirt? If I'm doing it in my own? Can I just turn on the ignition and prime it or does it need turning over

There is a fair jet. If you tape bottles to injector you could see if they had been squirted into, it would allow you to test on your own.

Turn over

ill see what i can do then. gonna have to drink some pop! :D

didnt go out tonight. its a bit chilly and its pitch black where the car is bar the two tubes that are in the back of the unit :)