KIPVW

Kip's Members Thread

Ha Ha Cheers hopefully its inspired a few to do the same too :lol: :cuckoo:

Indeed they are pooped Yan, first jobs will be suspension replacement along with brakes as soon as funds allow :)

Just make sure its original suspension that you put back on mate, ready for concours :lol: , 'cos we dont want any points lost for after market suspension do we :nono: :ignore:

Seriously though its looks mint, a good find :clap:

F'ing aftermarket suspension.....

I heard both 1st & 2nd Corrado class at BVF has non standard suspension...... :bad-words: :lol: :lol: :lol:

F'ing aftermarket suspension.....

I heard both 1st & 2nd Corrado class at BVF has non standard suspension...... :bad-words: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :wave:

Indeed they are pooped Yan, first jobs will be suspension replacement along with brakes as soon as funds allow :)

Just make sure its original suspension that you put back on mate, ready for concours :lol: , 'cos we dont want any points lost for after market suspension do we :nono: :ignore:

You can't get it anymore from the dealers :(

I tried with my Mk2 and its all been deleted

So, if you can't get stock suspension anymore, what do you use instead? I'm going to have to replace mine at some point and am not that interested in dropping it on coilovers - speed bumps galore around my way plus pot holes by the dozen.

Don't worry plenty of suitable replacement shocks, but perhaps not from the main dealer

Yeah i have some Bilstein B4 dampers on my 8v and they are bloody superb for the money, Drewie has some on his G60 too i believe.

Looks like you've got a good one there Kip, pleased that you have finally got hold of a Nugget, I'm sure it will soon be appearing at shows and picking up trophies

Yeah i have some Bilstein B4 dampers on my 8v and they are bloody superb for the money, Drewie has some on his G60 too i believe.

What springs have you used? Again not looking to lower the ride.

But not for a very long time :lol:

Used the standard springs with the Biltein dampers. a little on the high side but thats how i like it :grin:

did you go for the b4's? i used standard springs, and these dampers are better quality than most i wish i had the money and i would of had the b6 mono tube dampers, Maybe next year. keep buffing

NICE! That looks in lovely nick, nice to know it will be looked after. I'd quite like a nugget myself.

Absolutely fantastic that is :salute:

Cheers matey although it'll be years before it looks anything like the one on the ramps :roll: but really pleased with it so far.

Got a cambelt kit for it from the dealers recently so will get that fitted soon as i really dont like messing with that kinda thing, have all the tools to do it and i probably have the skills too but just dont wanna risk getting it wrong :brickwall:

then hopefully a little brake refurb inc discs pads all round and rear bearings along with some new flexi hoses :norty: when funds allow that is :roll:

Had a busy couple of weeks recently and while the VR is sat in the Garage feeling a little unloved and uncosseted due to some issues with it :shrug: i've had other things to do too, Had some new tyres on the Nugget so went for continental premium contact as i like continental tyres and i have them on the VR but they are sport contact.

Also refurbed the brakes as they were shockingly worn so new discs & pads all round gave them a few coats of plastikote paint as this protects them from going rusty it looks a bit extreme painting the braking surface but this scrapes of within a couple of miles and the brakes are spot on after a few days use, and then I bled the system too as i reckon that the fluid hadn't been changed in ten years it was that dirty :roll:

I will fit some new hoses when they have bedded in nicely and im sure everything is working nice and freely then i'll also clean up the calipers and carriers and get those painted up too, i think i'll also get the rear splash guards fixed up a they are in reasonable shape but just have some surface corrosion and it'll be nice to keep the original ones on.

And also yesterday i treated it to a new expansion tank and fresh coolannt G12 after a good flush through and is so far all nice and pink :lol:

And i've had an electrical problem with the 8v so i bit the bullet and called an Auto electrician out, he traced it to the relay that runs the ECU so a few blobs of solder and jobs a good un which is just as well as it's been so frustrating not starting then cutting out while driving too :bad-words: was thinking of taking the bloody thing to bits it was so bad, just hope that it has been cured long term though so finges crossed.

You can't get it anymore from the dealers :(

I tried with my Mk2 and its all been deleted

Er your dealers lying to you then, all the rear suspension (and front for that matter) is still available for both 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder models. It's not cheap though at £100 per side for a rear damper and £60 for a spring. But you can still buy the stuff.

If I ever get enough money together to do it I was always planning on a complete OE rebuild of the suspension on my nugget just to see what its like, no one has done it so it is difficult to be objective about the quality of the original set-up when you don't have an 'as new' base for comparison.

And posted here for good measure too...

What Kip did on the nugget tonight....

Cut a bit of pipe lagging out the airing cupboard to hopefully stop a rattle in the nugget dash.... only to find the rattle is a screw loose so didn't need to chop the house up at all! :scratch: :cuckoo:

Lol! seemed like a good idea at the time! Rattle now sorted though as it was the 2 10mm nuts that go through into the wiper scuttle area that had worked loose, 5 mins job to fix after several hours trying to locate it :roll: :lol:

AH the chasing of the illusive rattle, that's a rubbish game!

I intend to get the back of all my plastic trim flocked at some point, should help keep the squeaks down a bit.