KIPVW

Kip's Members Thread

Well was bored on Sunday so decided to sort out all my invoices i've saved over the years, took nearly 5 hours just to put them all into dat order lol!

Decided to add them all up today too, so far including purchase of the cars included my VR6 has cost just over £30642.92. My 8v just over £2645.00 & lastly my Nugget 16v around £4965.00. :)

About £38k alltogether then lol!

Plus I reckon theres easily another £3-5 unaccounted for which I dont have any invoices for but certainly remember paying.

Happy Days!

About £38k alltogether then lol!

Sweet lord. You could have bought a proper car for that !

I am but a mere child, covering a modest seven years ownership.

Think of all the good times and enjoyment that that money has bought you though. Here's to the next 15.

Happy days indeed Paul, Happy days indeed.

40k for 3 (future) classics over 15 years is great IMO.

My dad bought a BMW 7 series for 35k and sold it for 10k 3/4 years later. I keep telling him to buy a corrado lol!

yeah I didn't think it was that bad including 3 cars too. As said though I reckon they'll easily be another 4k on top of that with all the parts i've bought off here and ebay and the like but not worried about it, wouldn't have met Jude without them :)

Thats actually not too bad Kip. If you take away the value of the cars now and divide the rest by 15.....that's a cheap "hobby". I know people who spend more on beer and cigs. A person has to do the things in life that make them happy, if they possibly can. As the saying goes "here for a good time not a long time"!

By my reckoning you spent less than 2k per year......20 cigs a day would be more than that! :)

Edited by Toohottotrot

By my reckoning you spent less than 2k per year......20 cigs a day would be more than that! :)

Yeah still thinking it isn't bad, total car purchase is £23500.00 so another 20k on top of that including the stuff i dont have invoices for aint too bad for 15 years :)

How much are fags these days? £5.00 x 7 x 52 = £1820 Bloody hell smoking is just stupid then lol! can run 3 corrado's for less ;)

Well with Stanford Hall Just a matter of days away now and being in the superclass this year i thought i'd better do a little tidying up, I really was hoping to have done the much needed thorough underneath refurb but the cycling accident put an end to that :(

So it'll have to make do with a short term solution, cue a bit of Foilatec caliper paint and a little high temp paint on the discs to smarten them up. as well as a different cam cover freshly spruced up.

Good spot of thorough masking going on there. Why is it when I see newsprint in the background of a picture, I can't help but read it ?

So what is superclass ? How does it differ to concours ?

Jon, yes mate i used Halfords Brake Caliper paint, not cheap but think it's a bit more durable than normal paint, i think i'm happy with the finish but dont overdo it as it looks too glossy otherwise.

James, Superclass is basically everyone who won last year, so a good mix of all sorts, there's a winner for best water cooled and one for air cooled and then there's an FA Cup MaHooooosive Trophy for overall winner ( I wish :( ) :lol:

Well the bits ( Lorry Load ) for the underneath refurb have been ordered today, a total of over 215 different items from all the bits to replace the suspension and various bushes and bolts to disc pads bearings and even splashed out on some new drive shafts including CV joints KerChing! :lol:

Not sure i'll wanna tell you how much it'll be when i get told how much it is. :)

Well the bits ( Lorry Load ) for the underneath refurb have been ordered today, a total of over 215 different items from all the bits to replace the suspension and various bushes and bolts to disc pads bearings and even splashed out on some new drive shafts including CV joints KerChing! :lol:

Not sure i'll wanna tell you how much it'll be when i get told how much it is. :)

Well you have no-one to blame but yourself ;)

Have to say am getting quite excited about new drive shafts and CV joints :lol:

Nice one Paul, Did you order them from the dealers?

You need to give us prices, especially on:

Rear bushes,

Brake bias valve,

Rear ABS sensors,

Lots of new rear beam bolts and spring clips

for example like!!!

Do you know if you can still get the white clips that fit on the beams that hold the brake pipes?

I just bought what I thought was a few cheap parts, mainly nuts and bolts and bushes. Came to £600 and that was after going back through the original list and thinning it out by not being as fussy about all the bolts. They add up quick.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Christ.. that won't be cheap! :)

Look forward to hearing about it all going on and seeing the finished article :)

You mean you haven't asked ?

Strewth, please remind me to sit down before you tell us. Bet your local dealer's just booked two weeks in the Seychelles after you left.

Is this for fitment 2013 or part of a steady stream replacement programme ?

Chris,

I use my local TPS and they even deliver to my work address :)

Had the rear bushes in the garage for the last 5 years waiting to go on :lol: along with bolts for those too so not sure on current price.

Sensors wise i'd use the ATE ones from euro car parts.

Pressure regulator on ebay an ATE item which is basically exactly the same for £65 rather than £180.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GOLF-MK3-GTI-VR6-CORRADO-BRAKE-PRESSURE-REGULATOR-C72-/200704548022?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ebaec5cb6#ht_1984wt_952

I've ordered a selection of clips and things so i'll let you know part numbers when they arrive and look correct.

No i didn't ask how much i just said get on with it :lol: needs doing so it's getting done. to be honest my total costings over many years haven't been too bad and the car has been immensely reliable only on the odd occasion has it thrown a wobbley and let me down so i think it deserves a little tlc :)

I'm expecting well over 1k so i'll keep you posted and hopefully can help with any part enquiries ;) thin'k i'd better log where goes where this time as so many bits are similar so can get confusing.

James, as soon as Stanford is out the way it'll start, a bit worried if i can actually manage it all though :/ the worst thing is refitting the brake lines i've ordered from Volksworld13, i've bled the system manytimes but not after fitting new hardlines. guess it'll be good practice and i hope some of you can help with any problems i have. :lol:

Edited by KIPVW

You can't beat loads of new bolts great work the guy in my local vw garage thinks I'm crazy after the amount I spent with them,they started giving me 25% discount on bolts when I bought everyone on the entire car,my brakes bleed up fine after replacing everything..can't wait to see the progress

I bough

I have to ask. Is there anything actually wrong with your shafts Kip? :lol:

Your pursuit for perfection knows no bounds! I salute you sir :salute:

Edited by Kevin Bacon

I have to ask. Is there anything actually wrong with your shafts Kip? :lol: :

Maybe you could build another corrado with all the used spares you have left over.

One step beyond in my eyes a definate proper job .